Windows 10: 500GB SSD Drive Cheap From Newegg

Discus and support 500GB SSD Drive Cheap From Newegg in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This one's just too good not to tell y'all about! Wheeeeeeeeeeee, this is great! 500 GB SSD for $134.99! Newegg.com - This Weekend Only: $134.99... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wynona, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Wynona Win User

500GB SSD Drive Cheap From Newegg

Wynona, Mar 11, 2016
  2. GG_art Win User

Is it possible to rename SSD C: drive to something else

I installed windows 10 pro on the SSD m.2 drive. Then I added a 2nd SSD drive via the sata port.

C: 256GB SSD m.2 (2 partitions, including BOOT and RECOVERY)

C: 500GB SSD sata (not formatted)

Because they are both showing as drive C, I can't access the 500GB drive to format it.

I have disconnected the 500GB drive and re-booted the system. only the 256GB drive shows in C, but when I reconnect the other drive, it is assigned the letter C for a dive letter.

Other info: I'm using an Asrock X370 Taichi motherboard with the lasted bios (3.20).

Windows also sees the drive as a device under drives, but disc management only sees it as part of drive C (location: hardware properties )

GG_art, Mar 11, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Migrating W10 from a defective HDD to a "new" HDD

When you open it in the top right is Clone. This will clone from an internal disk to an external disk.

When I changed from a 500GB HHD to a 500GB SSD I used the clone. I happen to have a number of devices to attach an external drive.

lacrumb, Mar 11, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Nice price! I just recently purchased a Samsung SSD so to keep out of the dog house I'll have to pass. *Smile

Winuser, Mar 12, 2016
  5. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

SSD prices are really plummeting lately.
    I see very cheap offerings from Mushkin as well, very good specs too.

Things are really moving fast lately.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Mar 12, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    The Lenovo Laptop on the same page is a good deal too.

7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

I'm really looking forward to 3 and 4 TB affordable (and reliable) SSD's within the next year or so -- then I'm going to re-build my two NAS boxes so they will be about the size of the Cable box / router with no fans and almost ZERO power consumption.

I'm using the HP GEN 8 ProLiant microservers currently (X 2) -- cheaper and more convenient than Desktop PC for this purpose - - the vertical height of these "Cubes" is determined by the 4 HDD bays and caddy's that take standard HDD's. If SSD's were used these could be laid horizontally just above the Mobo - allowing for a much smaller case. !!!!!

I think the days of the spinner are numbered now. In the foreseeable future if we could get say 8 TB on the size of a micro SD card there's no reason why your smart phone shouldn't also act as a "NAS" box !!!! - it's got a decent OS, networking capability, and a powerful enough processor -- what stops this becoming reality though for the moment is Battery technology but I'm sure that's solvable in the long run.!!

Portable pocket size NAS box -- now that's an idea !!!!

(Note - these PROLIANT microservers can take SSD's - you need the adapter caddy 3.5-->2.5 inch - works fine.).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 500GB SSD Drive Cheap From Newegg - Similar Threads - 500GB SSD Drive

2. Upgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD?: If I take my pc into my local pc man and ask him to do the above, can he guarantee crossing over ALL the data on the current drive. There is so much on there I don't want to lose anything and I don't trust restore or suchlike as its never been good to me in the past. Looking...
  3. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  4. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  5. Clone Windows 10 From 500GB HDD TO 240GB SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone Windows 10 From 500GB HDD TO 240GB SSD: Hi looking for the easiest and hassle free as possible way, to clone Windows 10 from 500GB HDD to 240GB SSD, seen a tutorial using easus, clone and back, on YouTube using a usb to sata cable, is this a good way to proceed, or could I run into problems, looking for any...
  6. From 250GB SSD to 500GB SSD (internal) How to transfer data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From 250GB SSD to 500GB SSD (internal) How to transfer data?: First, if this is not in the correct place, will a moderator please move it, and let me know. Windows 10 version 1909 see profile for system specs I currently have a 250GB SAMSUNG SSD M.2 970 EVO NVMe PC|-Express 3.0 x4 installed, and have purchased this: Samsung...
  7. Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: Just finished swapping out my Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSD for a new Samsung QVO 860 1TB SSD on my Lenovo Ideacenter K450. Took about 1.5 hours start to finish. 1. Macrium incremental backup of existing 500GB SSD. 2. Swapped drives. 3. Clean install to 1TB SSD (to get new...
  8. SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD drive as primary drive(250gb) and HDD as storage hard drive(500gb), but system does not...: Hello! I took my old HDD from my broken computer and inserted it to my new one as storage drive. My primary drive is SSD and windows boots from it every time, but first time I inserted HDD, the computer booted up with no problems, but after a second restart, my computer is...
  9. Crucial 500gb SSD Momentum cache

Crucial 500gb SSD Momentum cache: Hi, I have downloaded crucial executive for my SSD and on one page there is a button to enable the drives momentum cache. Also on this page is a warning that my PC is not battery backuped so enabling momentum cache is at my own risk. I backup my SSD to a Hitachi mechanical...
  10. Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB: I have a Samsung SSD EVO 850 500GB and while I had been using it on my laptop with Windows 7 everything had been running ok even the Rapid mode, but when I updated to Windows 10, I am getting this error : Rapid mode is in inactive state due to system internal errors. Please...