Windows 10: [55 GB TEMP File] I had formatted my laptop just a couple months ago and today I found this...

Discus and support [55 GB TEMP File] I had formatted my laptop just a couple months ago and today I found this... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iTechsTR [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iTechsTR, Sep 14, 2020.

1. [55 GB TEMP File] I had formatted my laptop just a couple months ago and today I found this...

/u/iTechsTR, Sep 14, 2020
  2. leda3333 Win User

Settings will not open, Edge has disappeared, and temp files are filling up c drive in Windows 10

My c drive filled completely with temp files a couple months ago, and at the same time I could not open settings (using the icon or the search box), or edge. At some point edge disappeared altogether - will not come up with a search. Microsoft Store icon
    is missing. Through trial and error I was able to find and delete the temp files, but they are filling up again, and I do not have access to any of the settings functions to help. Temp files have increased by 30 gb in the last 10 days. I am not techy, but
    can follow step by step instruction. Would really appreciate some help!

leda3333, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 14, 2020
  4. [55 GB TEMP File] I had formatted my laptop just a couple months ago and today I found this...

These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

[55 GB TEMP File] I had formatted my laptop just a couple months ago and today I found this...

1. [55 GB TEMP File] I had formatted my laptop just a couple months ago and today I found this... - Similar Threads - TEMP File formatted

2. I have a laptop ideapad flex 5 i just bought 2 months ago. This happened when my laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a laptop ideapad flex 5 i just bought 2 months ago. This happened when my laptop...: I have a laptop ideapad flex 5 i just bought 2 months ago. This happened when my laptop battery dies last time. Then i charged it and it directly opens boot menu. I tried re installing windows visa USB but it doesn't shows any hard drive inside it. later i notice on the...
  3. I recently found out that I was paying a subscription that I canceled months ago.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently found out that I was paying a subscription that I canceled months ago.: Today I found out that I was paying the Minecraft Realm subscribtion even tho I remember canceling it months ago.Is there a way to get my money back if this happened?...
  4. I recently found out that I was paying a subscription that I canceled months ago.

I recently found out that I was paying a subscription that I canceled months ago.: Today I found out that I was paying the Minecraft Realm subscribtion even tho I remember canceling it months ago.Is there a way to get my money back if this happened?...
  5. Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had...: Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had started to get stuck. which is totally abnormal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-microsoft-team-i-had-just-bought-my-laptop/0b2511ff-c688-4369-be2b-3c26ee35b87d
  6. Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had...: Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had started to get stuck. which is totally abnormal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-microsoft-team-i-had-just-bought-my-laptop/0b2511ff-c688-4369-be2b-3c26ee35b87d
  7. Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had...

8. I bought my pc a couple months ago and i was unaware about windows activation at the time i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought my pc a couple months ago and i was unaware about windows activation at the time i...: i've recently been trying to activate windows i have my product key but i no longer have to options to activate windows i have no option to enter in my key to activate windows nor can i go back to windows 10 i also quite literally reinstalled windows 11 and still cannot...
  9. I bought my pc a couple months ago and i was unaware about windows activation at the time i...

I bought my pc a couple months ago and i was unaware about windows activation at the time i...: i've recently been trying to activate windows i have my product key but i no longer have to options to activate windows i have no option to enter in my key to activate windows nor can i go back to windows 10 i also quite literally reinstalled windows 11 and still cannot...
  10. Guys, I bought a laptop a year ago and it had Windows activated already , but today I got a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Guys, I bought a laptop a year ago and it had Windows activated already , but today I got a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/A_dirt_block [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m2jfs4/guys_i_bought_a_laptop_a_year_ago_and_it_had/