Windows 10: 5540 only prints in monochrome. Need software that came with printer but dont have disk

Discus and support 5540 only prints in monochrome. Need software that came with printer but dont have disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 5540 only prints in monochrome. Need software that came with printer but dont have disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pk2apk2a, Sep 7, 2020.

1. pk2apk2a Win User

5540 only prints in monochrome. Need software that came with printer but dont have disk

5540 only prints in monochrome. Need software that came with printer but dont have disk

:)

pk2apk2a, Sep 7, 2020
  2. tensone Win User

Coloured photo's being printed in Monochrome via Windows Photo's

Using a HP ENVY 4520 printer.

Recently for whatever reason something has changed in my settings and cannot find why.

If I doubleclick on any photo, presuming its opened by Windows Photo as it starts with a black screen and the printer icon is top left. When the photo is opened it is in colour. But when asked to print and the left hand column appears where paper choice and portrait/landscape etc settings appear. Now the photo is in monochrome and despite going through to 'advance' to change from monochrome to colour. It still prints monochrome.

I have removed the device from printer/scanner settings. Restarted the laptop and added the printer again, with same results.

I have not installed the manufacturers software as it not been needed previously until this problem came about. And cannot find any route to change the default from monochrome to colour.

thanks

tensone, Sep 7, 2020
  3. hp printer envy 5540

Thanks for the suggestion but I already tried that and it made no difference .I have now managed to get printing by downloading and installing HP eprint. but the action centre still states printer driver unavailable . I am not able to scan with the envy
    5540 so I may go and buy a new printer. problems I could do without.

Thanks James Simpson

JamesSimpsonXP, Sep 7, 2020
  4. 5540 only prints in monochrome. Need software that came with printer but dont have disk

Do not have option to print in color only monochrome

Since January 2020 I have found that I cannot print in color only monochrome. Have done printer test and that is ok Any suggestions

GeoffGilham, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. 5540 only prints in monochrome. Need software that came with printer but dont have disk - Similar Threads - 5540 prints monochrome

2. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints: My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints either text or photos from my desktop computer Windows 10,instead givin an 'out of paper' error,yet when instructed to print a quality diagnostic, or a test page,gives a perfect print...
  3. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints: My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints either text or photos from my desktop computer Windows 10,instead givin an 'out of paper' error,yet when instructed to print a quality diagnostic, or a test page,gives a perfect print...
  4. My HP ENVY 5540 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer issues after windows update - only printing monochrome

Printer issues after windows update - only printing monochrome: Has anyone else experienced issues with their printer only allowing you to print monochrome after a windows update? I have tried looking at all possible settings, reinstalling the printer which worked for one print out in colour and then it reverted back to everything black...
  6. HP Envy 5540 printer stop printing color?

HP Envy 5540 printer stop printing color?: Is anyone else had their HP Envy 5540 printer stop printing color? Mine has stopped in the last few months. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-5540-printer-stop-printing-color/b27f5e8d-338d-4f6b-bb7a-19b0191d300b
  7. Printer only prints in Monochrome

Printer only prints in Monochrome: My HP printer will not print in color when I print from my laptop but does when I print from my phone. Is there somewhere in Windows 10 to change the preferences?...
  8. Do not have option to print in color only monochrome

Do not have option to print in color only monochrome: Since January 2020 I have found that I cannot print in color only monochrome. Have done printer test and that is ok Any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-not-have-option-to-print-in-color-only/24a5e127-756b-4e1a-ac33-d3530f48a454
  9. Printer prints only in monochrome,

Printer prints only in monochrome,: Hi I have the 3 colour cartridges in the printer Ian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-only-in-monochrome/bfe42a8a-2c1c-41c8-99af-041ad18c34f5
  10. printing in monochrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printing in monochrome: when I go to HP output options color mode and select color it keeps changing to mono over and over with paint and photo creations. back to color mode and it changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-in-monochrome/92e5b5d3-a574-41b2-b7b3-9ffb9712d37f