Windows 10: 5856 _patchlink????.cab files in root of C:

Discus and support 5856 _patchlink????.cab files in root of C: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Has anyone else seen anything like this? It looks like it has something to do with updates, but why didn't Microsoft clean up after itself? Bob... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertHelm1, Nov 8, 2018.

1. 5856 _patchlink????.cab files in root of C:

Has anyone else seen anything like this? It looks like it has something to do with updates, but why didn't Microsoft clean up after itself?

Bob

:)

RobertHelm1, Nov 8, 2018
  2. fussybob Win User

Can't save file in C:\ root directory

I want to save files in my C:\ root directory of my boot drive and get an error that "Required privilege is not held by the client". I am the sole user/administrator of this system. I went into C:, properties, security, and enabled permissions for everything and everyone.

I can make/delete new folders in the C: drive, and save/delete files in those folders.
    My Win 10 system works just fine, except for me to save a file in the C; root directory

I can save files from apps to the C:\, and if I save the same file again, it tells me it exists and if I want to overwrite it, so it is indeed saved to the root directory.

In windows explorer I can't see those saved files in the root directory.

Any suggestions?

fussybob, Nov 8, 2018
  3. installing a cab file

so basically the instructions on this page is erroneous or outdated

How to Install Cumulative updates CAB Files on Windows 10

• Download the CAB Files x86 / X64 depending upon the OS architecture
    • Rename file to KBnumber.сab (for example KB3176931.Cab)
    • Copy to folder C:\
    • Run command-prompt as admin (Right click on Windows icon and choose option). Check the image above.
    • Enter the command “DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:c:\KBnumber.cab
    • This installs the CU CAB File. Check the screenshots below for example.
    • Your devices will restart once the installation is over. Else you may need to restart your PC

this is the first page for google search.

I already tried NOT naming the file. I used the original name. still not found

beerus_king, Nov 8, 2018
  4. 5856 _patchlink????.cab files in root of C:

installing .cab files

just got a samsung jack with windows mobile 6.1

using vista and WMDC

I have no problem coping .cab to my docs folder on phone, but when i go to the file location on the phone, the .cab do not appear

any suggestions?

samsungjack, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

5856 _patchlink????.cab files in root of C:

1. 5856 _patchlink????.cab files in root of C: - Similar Threads - 5856 _patchlink cab

2. Create files on C: root

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create files on C: root: Hi all, I need non-admin users to create files in c: root due to a poor written Epson x32 app.Hence I've added these 2 special permissions in c:\:. users: create files in this folder only. auth users: create folders in this folder only. creator owner: full control in files...
  3. Create files on C: root

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create files on C: root: Hi all, I need non-admin users to create files in c: root due to a poor written Epson x32 app.Hence I've added these 2 special permissions in c:\:. users: create files in this folder only. auth users: create folders in this folder only. creator owner: full control in files...
  4. What are these .cab files in my C: drive for?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these .cab files in my C: drive for?: Hello,I am curious as to what these .cab files are doing in my C: drive. I heard they were updates, but it says that these were modified last in 2019!I can assure you these files popped up only recently. I have not even owned this computer for that long, I'm pretty sure.If...
  5. What are these .cab files in my C: drive for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are these .cab files in my C: drive for?: Hello,I am curious as to what these .cab files are doing in my C: drive. I heard they were updates, but it says that these were modified last in 2019!I can assure you these files popped up only recently. I have not even owned this computer for that long, I'm pretty sure.If...
  6. ,cab file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ,cab file: need to install a .cab file for an older printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cab-file/5e3b9f70-41a5-4288-9bf1-298ccd4b0e80
  7. Strange file in C:\ root?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange file in C:\ root?: Sorry for the asinine question but does anyone have any idea what this file is that's just appeared in the root of my C:\ drive? https://ibb.co/TMgVDzF submitted by /u/D3SOL4TE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k39uqr/strange_file_in_c_root/
  8. *.cab files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    *.cab files: Hi, Is it safe to delete those files? Same dating from 2009. Best regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cab-files/7767cf26-5992-42bf-b29a-ac3a4a144362
  9. Writing to the root ... C:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Writing to the root ... C:\: Every time I turn around, I'm not able to save files to the root of C drive. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem once and for all time? I don't care that some people feel as though I shouldn't be writing there. I have times when I need to edit files there or I just...
  10. Can't save file in C:\ root directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save file in C:\ root directory: I want to save files in my C:\ root directory of my boot drive and get an error that "Required privilege is not held by the client". I am the sole user/administrator of this system. I went into C:, properties, security, and enabled permissions for everything and everyone....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. _PatchLink

2. patchlink cab

3. patchlink cab files

4. what are _patchlink cab files