Windows 10: 5856 _patchlink????.cab files in root of C:

Discus and support 5856 _patchlink????.cab files in root of C: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Has anyone else seen anything like this? It looks like it has something to do with updates, but why didn't Microsoft clean up after itself? Bob... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertHelm1, Nov 8, 2018.

1. 5856 _patchlink????.cab files in root of C:

Has anyone else seen anything like this? It looks like it has something to do with updates, but why didn't Microsoft clean up after itself?

Bob

:)

RobertHelm1, Nov 8, 2018
  2. fussybob Win User

Can't save file in C:\ root directory

I want to save files in my C:\ root directory of my boot drive and get an error that "Required privilege is not held by the client". I am the sole user/administrator of this system. I went into C:, properties, security, and enabled permissions for everything and everyone.

I can make/delete new folders in the C: drive, and save/delete files in those folders.
    My Win 10 system works just fine, except for me to save a file in the C; root directory

I can save files from apps to the C:\, and if I save the same file again, it tells me it exists and if I want to overwrite it, so it is indeed saved to the root directory.

In windows explorer I can't see those saved files in the root directory.

Any suggestions?

fussybob, Nov 8, 2018
  3. installing a cab file

so basically the instructions on this page is erroneous or outdated

How to Install Cumulative updates CAB Files on Windows 10

• Download the CAB Files x86 / X64 depending upon the OS architecture
    • Rename file to KBnumber.сab (for example KB3176931.Cab)
    • Copy to folder C:\
    • Run command-prompt as admin (Right click on Windows icon and choose option). Check the image above.
    • Enter the command “DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:c:\KBnumber.cab
    • This installs the CU CAB File. Check the screenshots below for example.
    • Your devices will restart once the installation is over. Else you may need to restart your PC

this is the first page for google search.

I already tried NOT naming the file. I used the original name. still not found

beerus_king, Nov 8, 2018
  4. 5856 _patchlink????.cab files in root of C:

installing .cab files

just got a samsung jack with windows mobile 6.1

using vista and WMDC

I have no problem coping .cab to my docs folder on phone, but when i go to the file location on the phone, the .cab do not appear

any suggestions?

samsungjack, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

5856 _patchlink????.cab files in root of C:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. patchlink cab files

2. what are _patchlink cab files