Windows 10: 5ghz band of wifi randomly cuts out

Discus and support 5ghz band of wifi randomly cuts out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So im using the 5ghz band of my wifi which is pretty fast most of the time and i prefer over 2.4ghz, but sometimes that band will just randomly cut out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by atl4nz, Apr 8, 2021.

1. atl4nz Win User

5ghz band of wifi randomly cuts out

So im using the 5ghz band of my wifi which is pretty fast most of the time and i prefer over 2.4ghz, but sometimes that band will just randomly cut out and im left offline until i reconnect to the 2.4ghz band. this is especially annoying when im gaming because i will just disconnect and have to reload the game because my 5ghz band is spotty.

i can use the 2.4ghz band without any interruptions, but its much slower than the 5ghz band and i would prefer using the 5ghz band when possible

any fixers? thanks!

:)

atl4nz, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Alfie1909 Win User

5GHz Wifi

Hello. I want to connect to 5GHz wifi, but its not showing up in the connection list. I've done a bit of research and my laptop should be able to connect to the 5GHz band.

Alfie1909, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Z A H A Win User
    WINDOWS 10 WIFI 5GHZ BAND PROBLEM

hi greg..

already try that..

its not show band options..

i mention it already..

my wifi advanced tab only show this 3 option only..

1. D0 PACKETCOALESCING

2. NETWORK ADDRESS

3. ROAMING AGGRESSIVENESS

and its nothing problem with my ISP because my other phone and old laptop can view and connect to my router wifi 5ghz band.. i am using android phones and my old laptop running on windows 8.

only my new laptop using windows 10 now, and its cannot view the wifi 5ghz bandsignal automatically..

its only can view any wifi 5ghz band after i set the router wifi 5ghz band channel to 149..

i need its show wifi 5ghz band automatically, because i am fiber optic and broadband installer for the ISP here.. everyday i had many installation.

i cannot set all user router wifi channel to 149 because it will effect user equipment.. such as what happen with my laptop cannot view the wifi 5ghz band..

i think maybe its windos 10 or my laptop QUALCOMM ATHEROS QCA9377 WIRELESS ADAPTER problem.

because i cannot view or set wifi band in my wifi advanced tab here..

Z A H A, Apr 8, 2021
  4. 5ghz band of wifi randomly cuts out

5Ghz band not there

The 2230 is a 2.4Ghz only networking adapter

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/centrino/centrino-wireless-n-2230-brief.html

Multi-Stream, Single Band 802.11b/g/n 2x2 and 2.4 GHz

Delivers up to 300 Mbps speed in the 2.4 GHz band with multiple streams for enhanced speed while improving coverage and reliability.

802.11n supports 2.4 and 5Ghz. Typically for chips that support the 5Ghz band you will see 802.11abgn or 802.11ac listed as there is no marking specifically for 5Ghz N support.

Tripp

Tripp Parks [MSFT], Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

5ghz band of wifi randomly cuts out

1. 5ghz band of wifi randomly cuts out - Similar Threads - 5ghz band wifi

2. Random Wifi cut outs while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Wifi cut outs while gaming: Hello i Have been getting bad wifi cutouts on every game i play it randomly does it and in event viewer doesnt really show anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-wifi-cut-outs-while-gaming/a2f4d864-c79c-4179-b915-2c066552c106
  3. 5GHz WiFi band not visible on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5GHz WiFi band not visible on my PC: Hello,I am aware this is a common issue, yet I have not found a solution to my problem. I have tried different USB wifi adapters, all of them supporting the 5GHz band, yet I cannot see a 5GHz network, nor can I make a 5GHz hotspot on my PC. Right now I'm trying to make a 5GHz...
  4. 5GHz WiFi band not visible on my PC

5GHz WiFi band not visible on my PC: Hello,I am aware this is a common issue, yet I have not found a solution to my problem. I have tried different USB wifi adapters, all of them supporting the 5GHz band, yet I cannot see a 5GHz network, nor can I make a 5GHz hotspot on my PC. Right now I'm trying to make a 5GHz...
  5. 5GHz WiFi band not visible on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  7. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  8. Wifi cutting out randomly

Wifi cutting out randomly: Sometimes, maybe once or twice a week, my wifi cuts off on my computer randomly. It only lasts for around ten seconds before reconnecting, but it really interrupts games. The wifi on my other devices doesn't cut out, only on my computer and I don't know how to fix it :...
  9. Wifi 5GHz band no longer displaying?

Wifi 5GHz band no longer displaying?: Greetings, I was using 5GHz wifi no problem this morning, then after a restart my wireless adapter is only displaying 2.4GHz band. My adapter is using the most up-to-date driver, verified it is 802.11a/n/ac capable, manually set the wireless mode to 802.11a/n/ac in devmgmt,...
  10. WINDOWS 10 WIFI 5GHZ BAND PROBLEM

WINDOWS 10 WIFI 5GHZ BAND PROBLEM: WINDOWS 10 WIFI BAND RESTRICTION I JUST BOUGHT THIS ASUS A411UN LAPTOP LAST WEEK 11.01.2019 FRIDAY. AND TRY MANY THING ALREADY BUT ITS STILL NOT SHOW THE 5GHZ BAND, AS I KNOW THIS LAPTOP SPECS SUPPORT B/G/N/AC WIRELESS. ITS NOTHING PROBLEM WITH MY ROUTER BECAUSE I CAN...