Windows 10: 5ghz disconnecting when playing online games

Discus and support 5ghz disconnecting when playing online games in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently built a new computer for gaming and also bought an ac wireless adapter usb for wifi, however when connected to 5ghz the wifi will disconnect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Glortdr, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Glortdr Win User

5ghz disconnecting when playing online games

I recently built a new computer for gaming and also bought an ac wireless adapter usb for wifi, however when connected to 5ghz the wifi will disconnect as soon as i launch into a game and only connect when i return back to the lobby. this doesnt happen with 2.4ghz but i get more performance on 5ghz. Please reply. I have also updated to the latest drivers. Thank you

:)

Glortdr, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

connect/disconnect sounds

Thank you for the information.

If the connect/disconnect sounds is only happening when playing an specific game, It might be a game app or a driver issue. we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the problem persists. Check the steps provided below:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System on the Settings menu.
    • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    • Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Make sure also that your device software drivers are updated.

Post back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jun 19, 2020
  3. ghcBuG Win User
    Internet disconnects frequently while playing steam games

Yes, I can confirm that both the computer which I am starting the game on, and another computer, gets a Ping Timeout.

What happens is, i start the game. As soon as i do anything that interferes with the internet (e.g. loading up the Servers list to join a game, or sometimes i even get into the game, but gets disconnected too quick for me to start playing)

ghcBuG, Jun 19, 2020
  4. 5ghz disconnecting when playing online games

Lumia 950XL 5GHz wifi issue

Thanks for your replay Mr. Jack but I have tried everything resetting my phone, router also but I have never seen my phone show the 5Ghz networks....!!! Anything else u can suggest?? It works well with the 2.5Ghz network...!! I have other phones at home which
    connects to the 5Ghz network and works fine..!! It's only my 950xl which doesn't show the 5Ghz network...!!

jebinbosco, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

5ghz disconnecting when playing online games

1. 5ghz disconnecting when playing online games - Similar Threads - 5ghz disconnecting playing

2. wifi board disconnects when i play online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi board disconnects when i play online games: Hi, a few years ago i broke my computers screen so i had to go get it fixed, but when it came back i didnt have access to wifi neither my home wifi or wifi close by it just showed there wasnt anyting on the wifi thing but my brother fixed it by updating the graphic board. It...
  3. wifi board disconnects when i play online games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi board disconnects when i play online games: Hi, a few years ago i broke my computers screen so i had to go get it fixed, but when it came back i didnt have access to wifi neither my home wifi or wifi close by it just showed there wasnt anyting on the wifi thing but my brother fixed it by updating the graphic board. It...
  4. wifi board disconnects when i play online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi Disconnection Interruption in a middle of playing Online Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi Disconnection Interruption in a middle of playing Online Games: Hello so i have bought a Laptop 1 year ago It was an Asus TUF Laptop to be specific, at first it was fine i Have played many Games before like COD, Apex Legend and many other but after many months i has a error that have been detected by my Laptop about the Connection. At...
  6. Wifi Disconnection Interruption in a middle of playing a Online/Offline Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Disconnection Interruption in a middle of playing a Online/Offline Games: Hello so i have bought a Laptop 4 months Ago It was anAsus TUF Laptop to be specific, at first it was fine i Have played many Games before like Dota 2, LoL, and many other but after many months i has a error that have been detected by my Laptop about the Connection. At first...
  7. While playing online games .. my wifi is getting disconnected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    While playing online games .. my wifi is getting disconnected: Whenever I'm playing any online game my wifi getting disconnected after sometime. I tried every possible solutions like power management setting , uninstalling and reinstalling wifi driver etc. I'm using Asus ROG strix G series laptop with windows 10 If anyone have any...
  8. Internet disconnect when playing online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnect when playing online games: Hi, I know this issue has happened to a lot of users so I look for the solutions to it in Microsoft hub but then none of the suggested worked. Maybe because my situation is different. So, here's the thing: This issue came across my laptop 2 days ago when I wanted to play...
  9. Internet disconnecting when playing online games

Internet disconnecting when playing online games: My internet which is connected to the school is disconnecting when i play online games on my desktop. Browser games work fine but games that need installation like league of legends and fortnite disconnect every few minutes or every 30 minutes, it is random. I can watch...
  10. Disconnecting from Wifi when online gaming

Disconnecting from Wifi when online gaming: On ethernet or wifi, my internet on my computer disconnects when I'm playing an online game or sometimes watching a twitch stream. A yellow triangle appears in the bottom right and it says No internet access. I've already resetted my pc, reinstalled windows, updated bios and...