Windows 10: 5Ghz Network Issue

Discus and support 5Ghz Network Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Now I've searched online and have seen the typical response of "update the drivers" or "enable 802.11n mode" and both have been done. Now my issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Blake2795, May 15, 2019.

1. Blake2795 Win User

5Ghz Network Issue

Now I've searched online and have seen the typical response of "update the drivers" or "enable 802.11n mode" and both have been done. Now my issue is mainly that I can connect to my wifi's 2G network but not the 5G network. Here is where it gets weird. 1: Windows CAN see 5G networks fine as I am detecting my neighbor's 5G wifi fine as well as other 5G networks. 2: The router is not at fault as both my cellphone and my mother's both run off the 5G network perfectly fine. 3: I only lost the ability to connect to our specific 5G network after updating windows from version 1803 to version 1809. 4: I know for a fact that windows remembers I have a 5G network as when I go to "Manage known networks" under the "Wifi" section of the settings it shows it remembers my 5G network. Which device is at fault here? How do I fix this? All other solutions I have tried have failed so I come here hoping someone may have an answer. Thank you for your time and I look forward to a response.

:)

Blake2795, May 15, 2019

2. Lumia 950XL 5GHz wifi issue

Thanks for your replay Mr. Jack but I have tried everything resetting my phone, router also but I have never seen my phone show the 5Ghz networks....!!! Anything else u can suggest?? It works well with the 2.5Ghz network...!! I have other phones at home which
    connects to the 5Ghz network and works fine..!! It's only my 950xl which doesn't show the 5Ghz network...!!

jebinbosco, May 15, 2019
  3. 5Ghz wifi network Disappearing after updating to Win10

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused to you.

This issue might occur if there are no Wi-Fi network adaptor drivers installed or if they are corrupted or outdated or incompatible.

I would first go with network troubleshooter to check if that helps. if the issue persists then go with your suggestions.

Please follow these methods below, to resolve the issue:

Method 1:

Network troubleshooter:

Open the Network Adapter troubleshooter by typing troubleshooting in the search box, and then tapping or clicking Troubleshooting. Tap or click Network and Internet, tap or click Network Adapter, and follow the instructions on your screen.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to follow these steps below and check, if it helps.

Release and renew IP address for your computer:

a. Press Windows key + X and select “command prompt (admin)”.

b. Type ipconfig /release and hit Enter.

c. Then type ipconfig /renew and hit Enter.

d. Type Exit and hit Enter.

Let’s try to refer to the suggestions given by Tripp Parks [MSFT] replied on September 30, 2015, to fix your issue.

5Ghz band not there

Also, try to refer to the suggestions given by Arun B J replied on December 4, 2015, to fix your issue.

Wifi Does not show to 5Ghz SSID of Router

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 15, 2019
  4. 5Ghz Network Issue

My 5GHZ wifi network is no longer appearing.

I have been connected to my 5ghz wifi network for a while around two days ago it disappeared from my list of available networks but is still on my known network.

In order to fix the issue i have:

-reset my router

-uninstalled and reinstalled my network adapters drivers

I am not to knowledgeable about network issues, and i know the 5ghz wifi connection is available and works because i am using it on other devices and the connection is fine and fast.

Everclarity, May 15, 2019
Thema:

5Ghz Network Issue

1. 5Ghz Network Issue - Similar Threads - 5Ghz Network Issue

2. 5Ghz Network keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5Ghz Network keeps disconnecting: 5Ghz network keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes saying no connections available even though the hotspot is on. I have tried clean install of drivers and everything is up to date....
  3. 5Ghz Network keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5Ghz Network keeps disconnecting: 5Ghz network keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes saying no connections available even though the hotspot is on. I have tried clean install of drivers and everything is up to date....
  4. Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only: Hi,My computer will not connect to any 5ghz network or even find them, its as if they are not even there. Also when i connect to my dual band router it always only uses the 2.4ghz and never no matter how close I am, goes up... why is this ? my usb wifi dongle is dual band and...
  5. Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only: Hi,My computer will not connect to any 5ghz network or even find them, its as if they are not even there. Also when i connect to my dual band router it always only uses the 2.4ghz and never no matter how close I am, goes up... why is this ? my usb wifi dongle is dual band and...
  6. 5ghz networks not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5ghz networks not visible: So a while back i was able to connect and use 5ghz networks but after a update i think i couldn't see or connect to 5ghz networks. I did so research to see if anyone else had the same problem but no it was just me. I also came across something saying that you need a '802.11n'...
  7. Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band

Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band: Windows 10 Pro / 64Bit I have a router with 2.4 and 5.0 GHz capabilities. I have a 2007 HP laptop which is pre-5GHz capabilities (I think), can I upgrade it for a 5GHz? Any adapter or up-gradable card for both wired and wireless? I also have a Dell desktop from 2015. What...
  8. Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band: Windows 10 Pro / 64Bit I have a router with 2.4 and 5.0 GHz capabilities. I have a 2007 HP laptop which is pre-5GHz capabilities (I think), can I upgrade it for a 5GHz? Any adapter or up-gradable card for both wired and wireless? I also have a Dell desktop from 2015. What...
  9. Connecting to 5ghz Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting to 5ghz Network: So, I recently gota new router and one of features of the router is the ability to have a 2.4ghz band and a 5ghz band on the same SSID. The reason that this feature was appealing to me was because I just want everything connected to a single network for using devices like...
  10. Windows no longer sees 5GHz network

Windows no longer sees 5GHz network: My computer used to see the 5GHz network in my house and has been connected to 5GHz networks before, but at some point it stopped seeing it. All other devices in the house can see and connect to the 5GHz network. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but to no...