Windows 10: 5Ghz not working on Win10, latest drivers, was fine on 8.1

Discus and support 5Ghz not working on Win10, latest drivers, was fine on 8.1 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys So ever since the Win10 upgrade, i've had an issue where my 5Ghz wifi doesn't work. It either doesn't show up as an available option when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maltesespace, Oct 14, 2015.

1. 5Ghz not working on Win10, latest drivers, was fine on 8.1

Hey guys

So ever since the Win10 upgrade, i've had an issue where my 5Ghz wifi doesn't work. It either doesn't show up as an available option when I look to connect to a network, or it says "Limited access", and most commonly "Cannot connect to this network" , forcing me to use the 2.4Ghz band. One of the reasons I bought this laptop was the 5Ghz Wireless AC support (I have an Asus RT-AC87u router)

I'm running the latest Intel drivers (downloaded last night from downloadcenter.intel.com) , Windows 10 Pro x64, Dell Inspiron 7000 series (15", Early 2015 model), i7-5500u, 16GB ram, Intel(R)Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 wifi card.

The 5Ghz was working fine under Win8.1 so I don't think it is the adaptor or a problem with the laptop itself.

Cheers

:)

Maltesespace, Oct 14, 2015
  2. J.DD Win User

Wifi Issues Windows 10

Depends what the wireless is. Is it Realtek? Broadcom??

I had a similar prob here, when I did a clean install of Win10 and I brought a TPlink WDN3200 wireless dual band USB adapter

The drivers on the TPlink site worked fine with Win 7 and 8/8.1

But the 8.1 drivers (and the drivers Windows 10 installed) only supported 2.4 GHZ, not the 5 GHZ connection. So I had to find out what chip this adapter used (Which I did find). Mediatek.

In the end I had to install Mediatek drivers so I could choose between 2.4 and 5GHZ. Since the adapter supports both. And the modem supports both as well

Tplink said they were going to release Win10 drivers, BUT there are no drivers for WIn10 on their site for this adapter

3. PetarMKD Win User
    Intel HD Graphics 4600 - No Sound being output despite being detected & Choppy Video Playback

Same issue. Latest Win10 build and Intel 4600 graphics from the i5 4440 CPU. All drivers up to date. Everything was working fine in Win 8.1 Now there is no sound from my desktop to my Onkyo receiver.

PetarMKD, Oct 14, 2015
  4. 5Ghz not working on Win10, latest drivers, was fine on 8.1

Well, I solved this via reddit, but just in case anyone else comes across this and needs help, the solution is to first remove all saved networks from settings--->network settings--->manage advanced wifi settings, then uninstall the drivers by going to device manager, right clicking the wifi adaptor and selecting "uninstall", and checking the "remove drivers" checkbox when it asks, then rebooting your PC and hooking up an ethernet cable/USB wifi adaptor and allowing device manager to download the latest *windows update/windows 10 approved* driver, disconnecting the USB adaptor/ethernet, rebooting and connecting to your wifi network, and you're good to go! *Smile

Maltesespace, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

5Ghz not working on Win10, latest drivers, was fine on 8.1

1. 5Ghz not working on Win10, latest drivers, was fine on 8.1 - Similar Threads - 5Ghz working Win10

2. Windows firewall duplicates the 5ghz network, 2.4ghz works fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows firewall duplicates the 5ghz network, 2.4ghz works fine: Works fine on mobile phones and my console tho https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-duplicates-the-5ghz-network-24ghz/6e3fa20e-ff8e-48cc-a355-e246e088bc88
  3. Windows firewall duplicates the 5ghz network, 2.4ghz works fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows firewall duplicates the 5ghz network, 2.4ghz works fine: Works fine on mobile phones and my console tho https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-duplicates-the-5ghz-network-24ghz/6e3fa20e-ff8e-48cc-a355-e246e088bc88
  4. 5ghz Hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5ghz Hotspot not working: Recently upgraded my motherboard which has a intergrated AX210 wi-fi adapter. I have been trying to create a 5ghz hotspot, but everytime I do I get the same message:"The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again"I've seen this article...
  5. 5ghz Hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5ghz Hotspot not working: Recently upgraded my motherboard which has a intergrated AX210 wi-fi adapter. I have been trying to create a 5ghz hotspot, but everytime I do I get the same message:"The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again"I've seen this article...
  6. 5ghz Hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't set up a 5ghz mobile hotspot on Windows, 2.4ghz works fine

Can't set up a 5ghz mobile hotspot on Windows, 2.4ghz works fine: Hello, lately I have been having trouble setting up a 5ghz mobile hotspot on Windows. I am connecting to the WiFi router, which enables to connect to 2.4ghz or 5ghz through a dual band wifi adapter, which connects to the router just fine, either with 2.4ghz or 5ghz. I...
  8. Wifi 5GHz not working

Wifi 5GHz not working: Hello i have a asus laptop with lastest windows update as well i downloaded the lastest network adapter drivers tried with older versions too.The adapter in question is qualcomm qca9377 and the driver version is 12.0.0.722. Qualcomm says it supports 5 ghz and i am able to see...
  9. Creating wlan 5ghz AP on win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating wlan 5ghz AP on win10: I recently bought Oculus Quest 2 and I read that it could be used wireless with a 5ghz router (or by creating pc AP). The problem is I don't have one but my pc is capable of creating 5ghz Access Point but only when connected to 5ghz connection (I tested it by connecting my...
  10. Win10 not recognizing TV - HDMI working fine though...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win10 not recognizing TV - HDMI working fine though...: Hi there. I looked it up cases like mine, but found no other. I got a new desktop recently, and after a month or so, I believe it was after an update (not sure) it stopped recognizing the TV... I tested with a monitor of a friend, using a HDMI cable and it worked fine....