Windows 10: 5Ghz wifi slower than 2.4Ghz

Discus and support 5Ghz wifi slower than 2.4Ghz in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a laptop with Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Network Adapter version 12.0.0.938 . I have wifi network with 300mbps bandwidth. When i connect to 2.4Ghz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YuvenPillai1, Jul 16, 2020.

1. 5Ghz wifi slower than 2.4Ghz

I have a laptop with Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Network Adapter version 12.0.0.938 . I have wifi network with 300mbps bandwidth. When i connect to 2.4Ghz network I get the speed of 150mbps but when i connect to 5Ghz network,I only get 72.2mbps. When i speedtest my iphone using the 5Ghz network, I will get around 280mbps consistently. I have tried many things but the result is the same. I need some help in this

:)

YuvenPillai1, Jul 16, 2020
  2. John Calm Win User

Cannot connect to any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz wifi with password

Hello.

This is my first time trying to ask for tech help since the search button was always my teacher but seems I'm out of inspiration.

I fresh installed W10 to my laptop YEPO 737a and for some strange reason I can't connect to any of the multiple wifi I've tried (home, work, phone) unless it is a 5Ghz open wifi. The message I see is "Can't connect to this network" so I tried to find other's
    solution but to no avail. In the end what I found out is:

• 2.4Ghz and password: Not connecting
    • 2.4Ghz and open: Not connecting
    • 5Ghz and password: Not connecting
    • 5Ghz and open: connecting normaly

I thought it was drivers, so I manually updated them but still nothing

The device is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

Thanks in advance

John Calm, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Arily Win User
    5ghz wifi not showing windows 10

I just got a new modem/router and it has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi connections...Only the 2.4ghz shows in the wifi list while the 5ghz isn't showing at all. My computer's network card does support the 5ghz and I know the 5ghz is working because I can connect to it from other devices...just not my desktop computer.

EDIT: I've attempted updating network driver, also resetting network in the settings menu. Both hasn't worked.

Arily, Jul 16, 2020
  4. John Galt Win User

5Ghz wifi slower than 2.4Ghz

disable 2.4ghz network

First, get the computer to forget your current network:

• Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
    • Click Network settings.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
    • Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.

Next, go into your router and either completely disable the 2.4GHz radio or set the 2.4 and the 5G radios to different SSIDs, maybe the 2.4 can be your guest Wifi...

Then, on your computer, only join the 5Ghz SSID network.

The suggestion in the post above to just disable the SSID broadcast of the 2.4Ghz radio will probably not work, your computer will still join it.

John Galt, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

5Ghz wifi slower than 2.4Ghz

1. 5Ghz wifi slower than 2.4Ghz - Similar Threads - 5Ghz wifi slower

2. Wifi speed slower on pc than on Iphone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi speed slower on pc than on Iphone.: I build my own pc a few months ago and everything worked fine, but about a month ago it started to slow down. I have 250 Mbits/s on my phone and on almost every other device in my house, but i reach only between 10-60 Mbits/s on my pc. I did speed tests at the same distance...
  3. Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!: Unfortunately my PC has begun running slower on ethernet rather than Wi-Fi. Often, when I load up my computer and open tabs it will take a solid 5-10 seconds to load just the tab or app. I recently around 2-3 months ago bought a cat 6 ethernet cord to replace my old one when...
  4. Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!: Unfortunately my PC has begun running slower on ethernet rather than Wi-Fi. Often, when I load up my computer and open tabs it will take a solid 5-10 seconds to load just the tab or app. I recently around 2-3 months ago bought a cat 6 ethernet cord to replace my old one when...
  5. Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Ethernet slower than WIFI (I'm desperate)

Ethernet slower than WIFI (I'm desperate): I have contracted a plan of 50 megabytes and it was always wonderful until a few days that out of nowhere I started receiving only 6 megabytes, by cable. With the other devices over WIFI I am doing excellent and I enjoy the adequate speed. I clarify that I did not touch any...
  7. Wifi is Running 10x slower than Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi is Running 10x slower than Ubuntu.: The wireless connection on my windows os is sitting around 5mbps download, however the same system is sitting around speeds of 50mbps when booted into ubuntu. I'm using an Asus PCE-AC56 wifi card. I have updated the drivers, switched performance mode on, and limited the...
  8. 5Ghz Band is slower than my 2 Ghz Band Also high ping on 5Ghz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5Ghz Band is slower than my 2 Ghz Band Also high ping on 5Ghz: I have a problem: I have a good Wifi Router and 100Mbps download and 10Mbps upload on all my devices ecpect my windows pc. A few weeks ago I had 100 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload on my 5ghz network ... but now I have 50 Mbps download and a unstable ping in games. When...
  9. Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi

Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi: I will try to fix my wired internet speed that is 6 times slower than my wifi speed! My internet speed is only 80 Mbps whereas * laptop windows 10 * a realtek card PCIe GbE Family Controller #8168E, Maximum speed download/upload 1000 Mbps/1000 Mbps, latest driver (10.36 -...
  10. Help router LANports slower than Wifi !!"

Help router LANports slower than Wifi !!": Hi there Is it cables or my devices -- I have decent wifi speed on both 2.4 and 5 GZH band, and WAN Ethernet of 1 Gb but the 2 LAN port I'm using on the router only show 100 mb Any ideas (I have to have LAN for those 2 pieces of kit). [img] Cheers jimbo 62781