Windows 10: 5KPlayer Review: The Best Free Media Player for your PC

Discus and support 5KPlayer Review: The Best Free Media Player for your PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A definition of a media player today is constraint to a piece of software that can a play audio or a video file. Pretty much we all are aware of some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 23, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

5KPlayer Review: The Best Free Media Player for your PC

A definition of a media player today is constraint to a piece of software that can a play audio or a video file. Pretty much we all are aware of some popular media players like the VLC, RealPlayer, KM Player, etc. but 5KPlayer stands out and redefines what a media player can do.

Key features

What makes 5KPlayer special is the fact that it can do more than what a media player is generally supposed to do. Besides playing 5K/4K/1080p videos and MP3 AAC APE FLAC audio files, you could also stream audio and video via AirPlay & DLNA without loosing on quality. You can also download videos from various online video sharing sites like YouTube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, etc. 5KPlayer doesn’t skimp on traditional media like DVDs and radio as well. Let’s straight dive into the details below.

Covers a massive spectrum of file formats with hardware acceleration

Leaving all the extra features aside, the primary goal of any media player is to play audio and video files. 5KPlayer supports MKV, M2TS, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV video formats as well as audio formats such as MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, FLAC and ALAC. HDR 4K/8K videos in MP4, H.265/264, VP8/VP9, MTS, MKV, and FLV are also supported by 5KPlayer on Windows 10

5KPlayer also supports hardware acceleration powered by Nvidia, Intel, DXVA 2.0. That translate to much better performance as the heavy lifting is done by a much capable GPU with minimal use of CPU for decoding. This allows 5KPlayer crush 8K / 4K HDR videos with no stuttering at all.

5KPlayer Review: The Best Free Media Player for your PC 5K-Player-Timeline-Preview.png

My personal favorite feature of 5KPlayer is the fact that you can preview the video timeline which becomes quite handy sometimes.

Wirelessly stream via AirPlay & DLNA

Since 5KPlayer supports Apple AirPlay, you can stream music and videos from your iPad, iPhone, iPod directly on to your Windows 10 PC to enjoy content on a larger screen. You can also a screen recorder so you can record gameplay from your Apple devices.

With DLNA, you can share MKV, AVC, Webm, 3GP, VP8/9, AAC media from your Android device directly on to your PC as well as DLNA stream H.264/MP4, MP3, AAC media from your PC to a smart TV, PlayStation 3/4, Xbox, etc.

Supports traditional media like Radio & DVD

5KPlayer can play DVDs as well. However, it’s worth noting that in order to rip a DVD, you’ll need to pay an extra $30 to get access to this feature.

You can also listen to your favorite radio stations. 5KPlayer has already several preset radio stations to choose from. These include BBC, Heart, Capital, Gold, LBC, XFM, Chill, Kiss, Kisstory, Magic, Kerrang, Planet Rock, Absolute Radio and Classic Rock. You can add in a custom radio url as well.

A video downloader

The more unexpected features of 5KPlayer is the ability to download online videos. You can not only download videos from YouTube but also from other online video platforms like Facebook, DailyMotion, Vimeo. etc. You can also download MP3/AAC/FLAC music from Soundcloud and other top music sharing sites.

5KPlayer Review: The Best Free Media Player for your PC 5KPlayer-review.png

Simply copy the video url, and paste it in the app and 5KPlayer will automatically detect the video details. You then have to just select the desired quality and you’re done. You also have an option to download just the audio from the video.

Conclusion

Overall, I’m pretty impressed with 5KPlayer. It’s quite an overwhelming product considering the fact that you’re getting all that for free. Yet there are some things that can be improved. The user interface doesn’t feel native to Windows and the overall design could’ve been better. But hey, it’s a freeware and maybe its just too much to ask for.

5KPlayer is available today for both Windows & Mac and can be downloaded from here.

The post 5KPlayer Review: The Best Free Media Player for your PC appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 23, 2018

2. Media player

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue further, we’d like to know the following:

• What is the version of your Windows Media Player?
    • Did you get any error message? If yes, kindly specify.
    In the meantime, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    Windows Media player
    . Here are the steps how to:

• Press Win button + R on your keyboard.
    • In the text box, type Control.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
    • Expand Media Feature list, then uncheck Windows Media Player box. It will give a prompt message;
      this will also turn of Windows Media Center click yes as you will need
      to reinstall it after.
    • Reboot PC.
    • You need to reinstall Windows Media Player. Open Windows Features, tick the Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, then install it from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Media players

Personal question here, wtf?

You've posted into the free program list with a media player: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...e-usually-for-free.144395/page-8#post-3357066

Immediately prior to that post you create a thread asking for people to talk about media players. I don't get the logic. If you're going to start off asking for media players, then there are multiple listed on that thread. If the intention was a review, the other thread also had them. Is this just an opinion thread?

Edit:
    Let me clarify. The other thread has links. It has discussion. It has opinions. This thread seems to be a parallel, if less broad, topic.

lilhasselhoffer, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

1. 5KPlayer Review: The Best Free Media Player for your PC - Similar Threads - 5KPlayer Review Best

2. Free AV Reviews

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Free AV Reviews: Below is a lengthy, but informative article from ZDNet which reviews free AV software. May be of interest to those who prefer. WD fully meets my needs and I don't keep up with other AV's. But I have never heard of Sophos or Kaspersky Security Cloud. Best free PC antivirus...
  3. Which free Antivirus is the best for your computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which free Antivirus is the best for your computer?: So, having an antivirus helps you a lot either it protecting your pc from malware or it to clean your pc. A good antivirus helps you in both. Today I'll be telling you the best antivirus you can use for free that work better than paid one in many cases. you can also see the...
  4. Best free virensuche app pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best free virensuche app pc?: Which are there Beste gratis virensuche app pc?
  5. What's the best 4k media player?

What's the best 4k media player?: I am plugged into a 55" LG 4K UHD at 3840x2160 resolution. The movie is 2160p VLC is currently my only media player and the video looks a little grainy, it's almost VHS like up close. What is out there that has the best video quality for free? 149989
  6. Best Car history checker [Review]

Best Car history checker [Review]: there are lot car history checker tools in the market but all of those are costly and not much efficient, let me tell you the best car history checker tool , thats: REVs check. this tool and cheap and quality one....
  7. Best Free AV for Old PC?

Best Free AV for Old PC?: I have an older Windows 7 desktop that I need a free Antivirus for, one that's light on system resources preferably. I tried MBAM and it uses up quite a bit of CPU, my old PC would run loud when I had MBAM on it. I need something lightweight and completely 100% free.
  8. Best free games for old PC

Best free games for old PC: Hi. I have an old pc with an Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz, 3GB RAM and Intel GMA 950 graphics; and a laptop with Intel Atom Z3736F, 2GB RAM and Intel HD 400 I have a problem with Steam games on my PC (textures arn't loading) so I can't use it. I need free games that will run on...
  9. Best free Blu-Ray disc player?

Best free Blu-Ray disc player?: What is the best free Blu-Ray video disc player for Windows 10? Thank you for your help. 39652
  10. 'Best' 90 free apps - reviewed for Gizmo

'Best' 90 free apps - reviewed for Gizmo: Best Free Windows Apps | Gizmo's Freeware Best? It's a personal opinion and different for each person of course, but here's a starter for (Win) 10. There are a few interesting ones presented in 8 categories including educational resources such as Howstuffworks, Stanford...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 5kplayer radio url problem

2. 5k dvd player for windows 10

3. play audio files windows 10

4. can windows media player play flac in windows 10?,
  5. best free airplay software for windows,
  6. whats the best app for playing dvds on my laptop