Windows 10: 5TB drive only showing as 561.53GB

Discus and support 5TB drive only showing as 561.53GB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Toshhiba 5TB X300 hard disk is only showing as 561GB is disk management. Have tried wiping partition & reformatting - still 561GB. Have used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArthurDent, Jun 26, 2020.

1. 5TB drive only showing as 561.53GB

Hi

Toshhiba 5TB X300 hard disk is only showing as 561GB is disk management.

Have tried wiping partition & reformatting - still 561GB.

Have used EaseUS Partition Master and did a quick scan for deleted partitions - still single 561GB partition

and Paragon Partition Manager 14 and did a quick scan for deleted partitions - still single 561GB partition

both show disk as 561GB

Have tried converting disk to GPT - still 561GB.

Tried Diskpart from elevated command prompt to delete the partitions and then create a primary partition - still 561GB

Currently trying AOMEI Partition Manager on a "Full" scan.

What has happened - what can I do to fix this?

Cheers,

Art

:)

ArthurDent, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Andy Dorr Win User

5TB hard drive not found in windows 10. But the 5TB can be seen and works in windows 7.

I have a 5TB seagate hard drive that works great in windows 7. This same drive does not show up in windows 10. I went back to windows 7 to just double check the drive works. I found once again that the 5 tb hard drive still works great!. There seems to
    be a problem with windows 10 and 5TB hard drives. I have already talked with tech support and they don't have an answer for this yet. I tried removing the hard drive drivers from device manager as well. Sadly that didn't work at all. I also tried updating
    the driver and that failed as well. I have a 6 core 3 ghz pc with 12 gbs of ram at 1866 speed. My main OS is on an SSD. If you need more information please ask.

Andy Dorr, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Win 10 I have drives c, f, g when installed new printed drive f disappeared and only shows g how can i make compute showdrive f

Hello,

To address your concern about missing drive, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press Windows logo key + S on your keyboard.
    • Type diskmgmt.msc on the search box and hit Enter.
    • Look for your missing drive on the Disk Management window.
    • Right-click on it and give it a new drive letter.

Let us know if the drive will show up.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

5TB drive only showing as 561.53GB

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

5TB drive only showing as 561.53GB [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Thema:

5TB drive only showing as 561.53GB

1. 5TB drive only showing as 561.53GB - Similar Threads - 5TB drive showing

2. Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data.: I recently combined several backups totaling ~5tb from different devices each of which may contain unique information that I need to keep. However, I need to identify and delete the duplicate files. Thoughts?...
  3. INTENSO EXTERNAL Mobile USB 3 DRIVE 5TB, backups are done and validated OK, only problem:...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    INTENSO EXTERNAL Mobile USB 3 DRIVE 5TB, backups are done and validated OK, only problem:...: Do you have any idea why this...? for External INTENSO Mobile USB 3 DRIVE 5TB, all backups are done and validated OK, only problem show: "Unknown Drive H:", file system=NoneAcronis TI 2018 see the INTENSO EXTERNAL USB 3 DRIVE As "Unknown Drive H:", file system=Nonein the...
  4. INTENSO EXTERNAL Mobile USB 3 DRIVE 5TB, backups are done and validated OK, only problem:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTENSO EXTERNAL Mobile USB 3 DRIVE 5TB, backups are done and validated OK, only problem:...: Do you have any idea why this...? for External INTENSO Mobile USB 3 DRIVE 5TB, all backups are done and validated OK, only problem show: "Unknown Drive H:", file system=NoneAcronis TI 2018 see the INTENSO EXTERNAL USB 3 DRIVE As "Unknown Drive H:", file system=Nonein the...
  5. INTENSO EXTERNAL Mobile USB 3 DRIVE 5TB, backups are done and validated OK, only problem:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Intenso Memory Case 5TB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intenso Memory Case 5TB: I bought an Intenso Memory Case 5TB hard drive, i formatted it to ntfs successfully and i connected it to the PC. At first it worked just fine. I copied some folders to it and everything was ok. After i unplugged it for the first time and then plugged it in again, the windows...
  7. Windows 10 not recognizing Seagate 5TB external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not recognizing Seagate 5TB external drive: I bought a new 5TB Seagate external portable backup drive. Windows 10 would not recognize it. Windows 10 Device Manager could see and name the device, but when doing 'create and format' the disk, the screen went blank. It even froze the PC. Many other problems materialized...
  8. 5TB drive only showing as 561.53GB

in Windows 10 Support
    5TB drive only showing as 561.53GB: Hi Toshhiba 5TB X300 hard disk is only showing as 561GB is disk management. Have tried wiping partition & reformatting - still 561GB. Have used EaseUS Partition Master and did a quick scan for deleted partitions - still single 561GB partition and Paragon Partition Manager...
  9. New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB

in Windows 10 Support
    New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB: I bought the Seagate barracuda 3TB and it shows as 746GB on my another computer with Windows Vista SP2 32-bit in GPT mode. I have asked this problem at Seagate forum and the one guy who replied didn't know how to solve it. I am using the 3TB Seagate drive in my Rosewill...
  10. "Storage" only showing system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    "Storage" only showing system drive: Hi guys, I've got an issue with storage in settings, it's only showing my system drive on the PC. I've 7 drives in total and want to change where apps are being saved to but as storage is behaving as I've only got the one drive I'm unable to change to anything from "C"....