Windows 10: 6 October 2019 update to explore.exe NOW quarnatined by virus check

Discus and support 6 October 2019 update to explore.exe NOW quarnatined by virus check in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Avira virus check has identified Explorer.exe as suspect and quarantined the file. File has modifed date of 6 October 2019 ? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AMW52, Oct 9, 2019.

1. AMW52 Win User

6 October 2019 update to explore.exe NOW quarnatined by virus check

Avira virus check has identified Explorer.exe as suspect and quarantined the file. File has modifed date of 6 October 2019 ?

6 October 2019 update to explore.exe  NOW quarnatined by virus check d2b68cbb-7938-4483-9d97-c55f4d3df482?upload=true.jpg

:)

AMW52, Oct 9, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. 6 October 2019 update to explore.exe NOW quarnatined by virus check - Similar Threads - October 2019 update

2. sihost64.exe virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sihost64.exe virus?: My antivirus avast marks ths file: C:/windows/system32/microsoft/libs/sihost64.exe as trojan and ijfected fileasking because its in system32 folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sihost64exe-virus/cbb55d6c-178e-40b3-b76d-2c85bdfbf6cc
  3. Is this .exe a virus ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this .exe a virus ?: [ATTACH] Hey everybody today i just navigate to the Win10 folder and there a .exe which names and do the same work as notepad. I don't have idea . Is there a notepad.exe in Win10 folder but according me the notepad.exe is present inside the Sys32 Folder, is this .exe a...
  4. No audio after October 2019 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after October 2019 update: My computer's audio STILL does not work. Have tried uninstalling the Realtek device. And it was reinstalled when restarted computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-after-october-2019-update/11b4582a-d0b7-4879-b206-2f39e4788e39
  5. October 2019 WIndows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2019 WIndows Update: Last night prior to going to bed I activated the newest windows update. This morning when I went to check it was stuck on the black screen, so I shut down my system and decided to deal with it when I returned from work. Now I get my home screen , my desktop is empty and...
  6. Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes October 2019 Security Updates Release Date: October 08, 2019 The October security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) ChakraCore Microsoft Office and Microsoft...
  7. October 2019 updates for Microsoft Office Office

in Windows 10 News
    October 2019 updates for Microsoft Office Office: Introduction Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in October 2019. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update,...
  8. Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates

Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes October 2019 Security Updates Release Date: October 08, 2019 The October security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) ChakraCore Microsoft Office and Microsoft...
  9. Why October Update now??

Why October Update now??: I just got a HUGE series of Windows 10 updates on my laptop that took forever to install. It popped up an Edge webpage saying "Welcome to the October Update." My PC gets updated regularly, and in fact I had gotten a couple of smaller updates just a few days ago. Why am I...
  10. exe virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    exe virus: help to remove that[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/exe-virus/585ba649-c702-41a6-81a8-af784896eb8d