Windows 10: 600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10

Discus and support 600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is still in development at Microsoft, but Redmond’s partners claim that interest in new PCs has increased lately, especially after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Dec 3, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10

More

labeeman, Dec 3, 2014
  2. Edwin New Member

Mine's one of them! *Smile
    Thanks for that.

:)

Edwin, Dec 3, 2014
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows10

"Another nail in the PC coffin."

Some coffin. Windows 10 is currently activated on more than 600 million devices and has overtaken Windows 7 as the most-used version of Windows. Clearly, some people have learned how to use Windows 10. How about you?

BulldogXX, Dec 3, 2014
  4. tekkPC Win User

Windows10

Are you saying that's by choice? If I wanted to buy a new system, there no way I can get Windows 7 on it today. Are the device OEMs even writing device drivers for Windows 7 anymore? I purchased a Dell Inspiron 13-5368 and Windows 7 will not work on this
    system. So yes, 600 million and growing would be true but not because users want Windows 10.

tekkPC, Dec 3, 2014
  5. labeeman Win User
    Mine's two of them! *Smile

labeeman, Dec 3, 2014
  6. Trust_No1 Win User
    LOL ... how much do they pay them to write these things

I wish I could be so enthusiastic
    for me I am just not impressed with a lot of what I see in Windows 10. I don't even want to start in about all I don't care for, thus far. Overall, for me there is only one truly great improvement and that is the windowed Metro Apps, they did a great job of that and the Metro music app is improved. Now, if they could just throw the rest away.

Trust_No1, Dec 3, 2014
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    A lot of people, including me, use those apps you want to toss out.

BunnyJ, Dec 3, 2014
  8. Edwin New Member

Oh come on! You're havin a riot messin around with this test build just like the rest of us! *Wink

Edwin, Dec 3, 2014
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Oh come on! You're havin a riot messin around with this test build just like the rest of us! *Wink LOL.. I would hope so. If not we have on unhappy camper.

BunnyJ, Dec 3, 2014
  10. Really?? Stardock has had this available in Windows 8 for some time using ModernMix -- which allows you to run Metro apps contained in windows on your desktop.

Mark Phelps, Dec 3, 2014
  11. Not ... if they make it available as a free upgrade to Windows 8 (and maybe, Windows 7) users -- and it works as well as the "upgrade" I did from Win8.1. Personally, I see no reason to rush out and buy a Win10 machine when the "upgrade" works as well as it does on a Windows 8.1 install on a previously, Windows 7 machine.

Mark Phelps, Dec 3, 2014
  12. Rickkins Win User
    Yes, I suspect that it will be quite successful.

Rickkins, Dec 3, 2014
  13. Edwin New Member

Really?? Stardock has had this available in Windows 8 for some time using ModernMix -- which allows you to run Metro apps contained in windows on your desktop. Speaking of windowed Modern Apps; in build 9841 the app header matched the Explorer window color; anybody know why they went back to the black header bar in 9860/9879?

Edwin, Dec 3, 2014
  14. WHS
    whs Win User
    Why would these 600M PCs upgrade ? Some may do that but most will stay where they are. If a system works, why change.

Over 90% of those 600M are not enthusiasts like us. They are just 'basic' users that need their email, pictures and maybe skype - or they are businesses that run their applications. And for those the old rule applies:" if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Besides, what are the Windows 10 functions that a basic user or a business would need.

15. LittleJay Win User
    Very true. I know people that still run XP simply because it came on the system and it still works just fine. The fact that support for XP has stopped doesn't matter to them. So if that is true, I doubt that a large number W7 PC's, which are still under support, will be upgraded either. But strange things do happen... *Biggrin

LittleJay, Dec 4, 2014
Thema:

1. 600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - 600 Millions PCs

2. Canalys Research: at least 240 million Windows 10 PCs can't be upgraded

in Windows 10 News
    Canalys Research: at least 240 million Windows 10 PCs can't be upgraded: Windows 10, the most used desktop operating system, runs out of support in October 2025. Estimates see it installed on a billion devices. A report by Canalys Research claims that at least 240 million of devices that run Windows 10 can't be upgraded to Windows 11 or future...
  3. Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support

in Windows 10 News
    Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support: Windows 7 reached its end of support period in January, but its market share numbers did not drop significantly over the last eleven months as users rejected Microsoft’s free Windows 10 upgrade offer. Windows 7 was first released in 2009 and Microsoft pulled mainstream...
  4. Microsoft Hijacks Necurs Botnet that Infected 9 Million PCs Worldwide

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Hijacks Necurs Botnet that Infected 9 Million PCs Worldwide: Microsoft today announced that it has successfully disrupted the botnet network of the Necurs malware, which has infected more than 9 million computers globally, and also hijacked the majority of its infrastructure. The latest botnet takedown was the result of a coordinated...
  5. Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes: "Microsoft has spent that last month frantically fixing bugs in Windows 10’s October 2018 Update. But, if you’re one of the millions of people who installed the update when it was available, you haven’t actually been getting those bug-fix updates! Windows 10’s October 2018...
  6. Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

in Windows 10 Support
    Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes: "Microsoft has spent that last month frantically fixing bugs in Windows 10’s October 2018 Update. But, if you’re one of the millions of people who installed the update when it was available, you haven’t actually been getting those bug-fix updates! Windows 10’s October 2018...
  7. Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs: Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 adoption figures revealed that its new operating system was installed on 110 million PCs in October, but these numbers have obviously improved since then, as more people have upgraded their computers.' Read more:...
  8. Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices: Today, Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President of Marketing for Windows and Devices, shared some fun Windows 10 facts via Twitter. Check out the full list below! Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 1yksa_z8jU8 19278
  9. Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices: Windows 10 is now on 600 million active monthly devices. That updated figure -- up from 500 million in March 2017 -- is from CEO Satya Nadella, who shared the latest figure during Microsoft's annual shareholders meeting in Bellevue, Wash. on November 29. (Thanks to...
  10. Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already: We already knew Windows 10 was going to be popular. So much so that Microsoft reportedly purchased as much as 40 Tbps of bandwidth from content delivery networks (CDNs). The company was already hitting 10Tbps on July 28, when the update was only available to Insiders. Now, it...