Windows 10: 60GB of Space Appeared on Harddrive After Steam Update

Discus and support 60GB of Space Appeared on Harddrive After Steam Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So... Last night (November 14), I updated Just Cause 4 on Steam. The download was 14GB. I have been having issues lately freeing up space, trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RoganMartin, Nov 15, 2019.

1. 60GB of Space Appeared on Harddrive After Steam Update

So...

Last night (November 14), I updated Just Cause 4 on Steam. The download was 14GB. I have been having issues lately freeing up space, trying to delete old files when needed, but I was at 6GB as of last night. I completely forgot about the storage limitation before I updated the game and let it download through the night and into today. When I got home from school today, I checked the download and immediately remembered I was out of space. I opened my File Explorer to check my space, and I saw I went from 6GB, to 64GB. The game downloaded properly and it seems to run fine. I looked through my computer for what could have been deleted, but I couldn't find anything. Nothing seems to have changed, so I was thinking it was just some junk system files that were deleted. If somebody has a potential answer it would put my mind at peace knowing what could have happened. I am running Windows 10, Version 1803.

Thank You

:)

RoganMartin, Nov 15, 2019
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Nov 15, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 60GB of Space Appeared on Harddrive After Steam Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 15, 2019
  4. 60GB of Space Appeared on Harddrive After Steam Update

Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

60GB of Space Appeared on Harddrive After Steam Update

1. 60GB of Space Appeared on Harddrive After Steam Update - Similar Threads - 60GB Space Appeared

2. Steam Space Problem 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Space Problem 2: Back then I downloaded steam but deleted it because it filled up my drive, but even then the space steam took did not go away, i downloaded steam again to try to solve it but i cannot find the files, please give me detailed instructions.change the category if necessaryand...
  3. Steam Space Problem 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steam Space Problem 2: Back then I downloaded steam but deleted it because it filled up my drive, but even then the space steam took did not go away, i downloaded steam again to try to solve it but i cannot find the files, please give me detailed instructions.change the category if necessaryand...
  4. Steam Space Problem 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Non existent harddrive space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non existent harddrive space: So I'm brand new to pc's and mine is supposed to come with 2 terabytes and a ssd's the ssd's is showing up but not the terabyte when I go to disk management is says its online and all the space is free but when I download a game It say my space is full submitted by...
  6. External harddrive suddenly lost my steam library, but it's still taking up space (900 gigs...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External harddrive suddenly lost my steam library, but it's still taking up space (900 gigs...: I've shown hidden files and folders, done disk cleanup, error checking, redone my search index, etc. Nothing works. 900 gigs of steam games and saves just suddenly gone, but still taking up space on the drive. Any recommendations before I give up and format it? submitted by...
  7. missing harddrive after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing harddrive after windows update: Windows automatically updated to version 2004 os build 19041.630 and now my harddrive is not showing up anywhere. I've tried many suggestions but it as if it never existed. Can you please help? Most of all my family photos, videos and mp3's are on it....
  8. Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.: Good morning folks, Has anyone else here had problems with games running under Steam since installing the 1809 update?. In particular, the games' splash screen appears, but nothing else happens. Opening Task Manager shows the game supposedly running, but only using a small...
  9. Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.: Good morning folks, Has anyone else here had problems with games running under Steam since installing the 1809 update?. In particular, the games' splash screen appears, but nothing else happens. Opening Task Manager shows the game supposedly running, but only using a small...
  10. Missing harddrive space after trying to make a new partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing harddrive space after trying to make a new partition: Hello I was attempting to make a new hard drive partition and when it was finished I was unable to access it and now it just says there is an additional 256gb taken up on my C: and I cant get to is. Does anyone know a way to recover that lost space? 103713