Windows 10: 60gb SSD for Windows 10 sufficient?

Discus and support 60gb SSD for Windows 10 sufficient? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have ordered a SSD for my VR games, but I can only install it on a HDD, Oculus is a bit bitchy :c. Now I wanted to ask, if the 60GB are enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jama911, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Jama911 Win User

60gb SSD for Windows 10 sufficient?

Hi, I have ordered a SSD for my VR games, but I can only install it on a HDD, Oculus is a bit bitchy :c. Now I wanted to ask, if the 60GB are enough for Windows 10, and if so, how I can move Windows without resetting my whole hard disk.

:)

Jama911, Jun 13, 2020
  2. EVJ_MD Win User

Space requirement for Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8.1 on 60gb ssd

The windows directory, Sys Vol info, and hiberfil.sys take up 75% (45gb) of the space on my 60gb ssd (c drive). Do I need an additional 20gb of space to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows10 (I have about 10gb available).

EVJ_MD, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  4. 60gb SSD for Windows 10 sufficient?

Space requirement for Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8.1 on 60gb ssd

Hi

I suggest you to disable hibernation for time being till you upgrade to Windows 10. After disabling hibernation the space taken by hiberfil.sys would be cleared.

After it is cleared you may run the disk clean up.

And then try to upgrade to windows 10 from here:

Download Windows 10:

Follow the steps to disable hiberfil.sys from windows 10.

• Click "Search" and type "Command Prompt" without quotes.

• Right-click the "Command Prompt" item and click "Run as administrator."

• In this elevated command prompt window, enter: powercfg -h off

Hope this helps,

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

60gb SSD for Windows 10 sufficient?

1. 60gb SSD for Windows 10 sufficient? - Similar Threads - 60gb SSD sufficient

2. Why is windows.old 60gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows.old 60gb: I was clearing files for storage space and I noticed that windows.old is taking up a lot of space so I was wondering can I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windowsold-60gb/ecdc1ab2-1b43-43d4-ace1-4c592cbcee6c
  3. Why is windows.old 60gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is windows.old 60gb: I was clearing files for storage space and I noticed that windows.old is taking up a lot of space so I was wondering can I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windowsold-60gb/ecdc1ab2-1b43-43d4-ace1-4c592cbcee6c
  4. Windows 10 60gb SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 60gb SSD: Will Windows 10 20H2 64bit installed on 60gb SSD would run fine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-60gb-ssd/ea67d9d3-2410-41ad-b227-6ffc27c3a464
  5. Is Windows Defender sufficient?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Windows Defender sufficient?: Is Windows Defender (Windows 10) as good as the other free antivirus programs? Ist Windows Defender ausreichend?
  6. "Sufficient privileges"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Sufficient privileges": So I've been having this problem were I can't connect to an online session. I've tried sending an invite or getting an invite from a friend to join Forza Horizon 4 Online but won't let me. When I try joining a PVP session I get a note saying "A game invite was received, but...
  7. Is Windows Defender Sufficient?

Is Windows Defender Sufficient?: is windows defender antivirus is enough to protect my pc ? [Original Title: security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-windows-defender-sufficient/f5d4e65f-de4d-42a9-bba4-fc38c8551d3e
  8. Windows Lagging Apps Crashing Videos Hanging SSD Not Sufficient

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Lagging Apps Crashing Videos Hanging SSD Not Sufficient: Hi So I feel windows is slow because to the fact that my PC has a very good SSD(860 EVO 1TB wich where is windows installed on) and another 850 EVO 250GB SSD all in addition to a 2TB HDD but still not smooth as it should be...for example: it took much more when i click on...
  9. Is WINDOWS 10 Built in Security Sufficient?

Is WINDOWS 10 Built in Security Sufficient?: Hello All, I am preparing to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 560S (64 bit) and have a question about security. I know someone who has a degree in Network Administration (although he doesn't work in that field) who says that the built in firewall...
  10. Is Windows 10 Standard AHCI Driver Sufficient?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is Windows 10 Standard AHCI Driver Sufficient?: I have an I5 Ivy-Bridge (B75 chipset) system. Windows 10 is up and running (fresh install) and I've been able to load all but the correct SATA drivers - still using the "Standard" AHCI SATA driver that windows installed. Asus hasn't released a new Windows 10 SATA driver...