Windows 10: 64-bit Firefox poised to launch in the near future

Discus and support 64-bit Firefox poised to launch in the near future in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There’s some good news for Firefox fans, as Mozilla seems to have finally decided on officially launching a 64-bit version of its browser. Mozilla... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

64-bit Firefox poised to launch in the near future

Read more...

:)

Brink, Oct 2, 2014
  2. SkiinBlue Win User

WM 6.5 and Office 2010

I agree, it is rediculous that I can't use the 64-bit version. I'd like to know if Android does it as well, I may switch over.

Does anyone know if Microsoft plans on fixing this in the NEAR future???

SkiinBlue, Oct 2, 2014
  3. Entegy Win User
    Update(s) In The Near Future

The idea is that most calls are made from your contact list and not manually dialing the numbers, which is true for most people.

Entegy, Oct 2, 2014
  4. adamf Win User

Will it be twice as fast? We will see.

adamf, Oct 2, 2014
  5. CountMike New Member
    There's already 64 bit FF, it's called Cyberfox. Only problem is a one of most important FF features, Add-ons. For 64 bit FF to succeed a full working beta would have to be released and massively used for at least a year, so Add-on base could be redone in 64 bit. Without them, FF is just another (although nice) browser.

CountMike, Oct 2, 2014
  6. JoeShades Win User
    Waterfox is 64 bit and has all the add ons

JoeShades, Oct 2, 2014
  7. JoeShades Win User
    They need to release a mobile browser and worry about their market share dropping to single digits soon, there may be no such thing as firefox and that concerns me because i hate chrome

JoeShades, Oct 2, 2014
  8. CountMike New Member

Not quite, not some of most importance to me.

CountMike, Oct 2, 2014
  9. JoeShades Win User
    really ? too bad i thought all add ons were compatible

JoeShades, Oct 2, 2014
  10. CountMike New Member
    I need at least two for IPTV that are not available in 64 bit, others are not that important.

CountMike, Oct 2, 2014
  11. I've migrated to Pale Moon. I feel sorry for those with Australis on Firefox.

Jody Thornton, Oct 2, 2014
  12. CountMike New Member
    Why sorry I can't find nothing wrong with those looks.

CountMike, Oct 2, 2014
  13. Koub777 Win User

In my opinion, differences between x64 and x86 browser should be minor to end user.

Koub777, Oct 3, 2014
  14. Too "chromey" May as well just switch to Google.

I either like two things in a browser: a more classic interface (like Seamonkey) or an IE 9/10/11 interface that's conventional but still sleek. Us Pale Moon fans have jumped ship to avoid having Australis pushed on us.

Glad you like it just the same.

Jody Thornton, Oct 3, 2014
  15. They are (you'd have to open a LOT of tabs to see any difference) but it does seem that x64 browsers run more brisk.

Jody Thornton, Oct 3, 2014
Thema:

1. 64-bit Firefox poised to launch in the near future - Similar Threads - bit Firefox poised

2. PowerShell ISE 64-bit Not Launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell ISE 64-bit Not Launching: My 64-bit version of PowerShell ISE does not open. There is no visual indicator or splash screen indicating it is trying to load. It appears to do nothing. However, I can see the executable in Task Manager > Details for about a second and then it disappears. The 32-bit...
  3. PowerShell ISE 64-bit Not Launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell ISE 64-bit Not Launching: My 64-bit version of PowerShell ISE does not open. There is no visual indicator or splash screen indicating it is trying to load. It appears to do nothing. However, I can see the executable in Task Manager > Details for about a second and then it disappears. The 32-bit...
  4. PowerShell ISE 64-bit Not Launching

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. In the Near Future...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In the Near Future...: A NEW THING is coming to Windows 10! Free Klondike Bars with every Upgrade!!! [ATTACH] OK. I lied. What IS coming, though, is almost as exciting! A Whole New Way to REINSTALL Windows when things get weird! [ATTACH] What can the Insiders here tell us about this???...
  6. Is Windows dying in near future?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is Windows dying in near future?: I just came across a few articles that say Microsoft is looking for future, the future about cloud computing. They will move their services there, like MS Office to cloud. I have always been a Microsoft fan, and I'm using Windows for a long time plan. But after reading...
  7. Alternative to Shock/Flashplayer with FireFox 64 bit

in Browsers and Email
    Alternative to Shock/Flashplayer with FireFox 64 bit: Humble apologies if this query as been answered before. Running Win 10 64bit & FireFox (latest update 64bit), but lately seems to freeze more and more, Adobe shockwave is the culprit (that is always the latest download), I really enjoy FF, is there an alternative to...
  8. Firefox 64 bit needed

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 64 bit needed: Hi. I tried to get firefox 64 bit with no luck from Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla Please help. Thanks. 79082
  9. Firefox 64-bit is now available to download

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox 64-bit is now available to download: Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Mozilla Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI,...
  10. Mozilla Firefox 64-Bit Developer Edition Launches on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Firefox 64-Bit Developer Edition Launches on Windows: A 64-bit version of Mozilla Firefox is not yet available for end users in stable form, but today the company has updated its Developer Edition lineup with such a version for Windows users. Mozilla Firefox Developer Edition 64-bit can now be downloaded by users of the most...