Windows 10: 64 bit Office apps and task bar jump list

Discus and support 64 bit Office apps and task bar jump list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I installed 64 bit Office the task bar jump list reverted from the 30 items set via Regedit to the standard 10. Any ideas on how to fix that so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomElam_0000, Aug 27, 2019.

1. 64 bit Office apps and task bar jump list

When I installed 64 bit Office the task bar jump list reverted from the 30 items set via Regedit to the standard 10. Any ideas on how to fix that so that I get back to 30 items? Already tried deleting and adding back the registry hack that got me to 30. No joy.

:)

TomElam_0000, Aug 27, 2019

2. Jump lists on Task Bar not fully functional

Hi Stephenson,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Do you receive any error, while trying to add icon on the Jump List in the task bar?

• Do you receive any error, while trying to install arrange icon in the task bar?
    As per your query, I like to inform you that; you can arrange the icon in the task bar.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Open an Administrator CMD window (Type
    CMD in the Search bar or Press Windows Logo Key + X. Click on
    Command Prompt admin).

If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL + Shift + ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task.

• Make sure you have a check mark beside "Create this task with administrative privileges".

• Type CMD.
    2) Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

3) If both the above commands are completed and show no remaining issues, run the PowerShell command and copy and paste the following:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

4) Check to be sure this command ran, showed a blue progress indicator and then returns to the prompt. If you see a red error, please try again. The command may have been typed or pasted incorrectly, or there may be a larger problem with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 27, 2019
  4. jimmytiel Win User

64 bit Office apps and task bar jump list

Jump List Items not Opening

I had this, I lost jump lists and lost right click on task bar items, drove me nuts until google said look in task manager, kill explorer and let it restart. I saw 2 instances of windows explorer running.. killed them..jump lists ok now

jimmytiel, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

64 bit Office apps and task bar jump list

1. 64 bit Office apps and task bar jump list - Similar Threads - bit Office apps

2. Microsoft Office Jump Lists not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Jump Lists not working anymore: I am running WIndows 10 64 bit and Office 2019 Standard. My jumplists still work for Web Browsers and WIndows Explorer but but not Office Excel and Word or adobe photoshop, acrobat. It shows the old list including pinned items and the old history which does not update anymore...
  3. Microsoft Office Jump Lists not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office Jump Lists not working anymore: I am running WIndows 10 64 bit and Office 2019 Standard. My jumplists still work for Web Browsers and WIndows Explorer but but not Office Excel and Word or adobe photoshop, acrobat. It shows the old list including pinned items and the old history which does not update anymore...
  4. Microsoft Office Jump Lists not working anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Jump list AppIDs for Office 2016 x64bit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Jump list AppIDs for Office 2016 x64bit?: My firm plans to migrate to 64 bit Office by the end of the year. So my question is this: are the AppIDs for the 32 bit versions for MS Office apps the same as the AppIDs for the 64 bit versions? Geeky TMI / aka why I'm asking: I am concerned about losing jump lists for...
  6. Windows 10 Recent files do not appear in jump lists in task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Recent files do not appear in jump lists in task bar: Jump Lists are not working. I have the icons for all the Office apps in the taskbar. I've been used to right-click the Excel icon, and then select the last file I was working on from the list. Now, the list is short and "random", even after having worked on several files. I...
  7. MSEdge on Task bar has no right mouse jump list except for Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSEdge on Task bar has no right mouse jump list except for Edge: I have latest version of Windows 10 and Edge Version 87.0.664.47 Official build 64-bit. I can no longer use right mouse on the taskbar shortcut to open In Private or recently opened webpages. The Edge entry on the Start List and Start Menu both have jump lists working...
  8. Office 32-bit vs Office 64-bit issue

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 32-bit vs Office 64-bit issue: I've run in to a strange issue that I'm not finding a solution for. I have four employees who are working on spreadsheets. File A and File B track information from two different teams. File C pulls data from A and B, then displays it all together. The files are located in the...
  9. Office 2016 (32 bit) next to Office 2013 (64 bit)

Office 2016 (32 bit) next to Office 2013 (64 bit): hi guys, is it possible to install Office 2016 32 bit next to Office 2013 (64 bit)? I hate reinstalling Office 2013 if the 2016 version is not good enough. Have to many rules that i have to recreate every time, also to many mails i need to redirect to the junk mail....
  10. Changing Office from 32 bit to 64 bit

Changing Office from 32 bit to 64 bit: I am running the 32 bit edition of Office 2016 Pro 32 on my PC which has a 64 bit processor. Do I have to purchase a new (64 bit) version of Office to take advantage of my 64 bit CPU? Thanks in advance to all who reply, Dan 101610