Windows 10: 64-Bit Operating System Cannot Run Many x86 Applications or Programs

Discus and support 64-Bit Operating System Cannot Run Many x86 Applications or Programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I let the 64-bit operating system run many x86 applications or programs? I was trying to run one x86 program recently, but it closes itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeriLoko3, Jun 4, 2020.

1. DeriLoko3 Win User

64-Bit Operating System Cannot Run Many x86 Applications or Programs

How can I let the 64-bit operating system run many x86 applications or programs?

I was trying to run one x86 program recently, but it closes itself after I open it.

:)

DeriLoko3, Jun 4, 2020

2. Why program files are listed as 32-bit (x86) while operating system is 64-bit in Windows 10

Original Title: 64bit or 32bit?

Hello. I'm a bit confused as to why my program files are listed as 32-bit (x86) while my system is 64-bit. It's listed as 64-bit under system settings however the x86 would lead me to believe otherwise. Any ideas? I
    am running Windows 10.

TheAssaultClass, Jun 4, 2020
  3. BAmedeo Win User
    Why program files are listed as 32-bit (x86) while operating system is 64-bit in Windows 10

my Onedrive is running as 32 bit. That's not a legacy app and it comes with Win10. Why is it not 64 bit?

BAmedeo, Jun 4, 2020
  4. 64-Bit Operating System Cannot Run Many x86 Applications or Programs

Why program files are listed as 32-bit (x86) while operating system is 64-bit in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that your program files are listed as 32-bit (x86) while your operating system is 64-bit.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Are you able to see a separate folder called as Program Files in C:\ drive?

If you are able to see that folder (Program file) that means this folder contains the 64 bit programs.

If you have a 64 bit operating system you will be able to see both folders Program file(x86) which contains the 32 bit applications and only Program Files folder which contains the 64 bit applications.

The both folders are used to ensure legacy 32-bit applications continue to work the same way they used to on 64-bit applications otherwise that would create a corruption or damage.

The main reason is to make 32-bit applications that don't even know 64-bit systems exist "just work", even if 64-bit DLLs are installed in places the applications might look. A 32-bit application won't be able to load a 64-bit DLL,
    so a method was needed to ensure that a 32-bit application (that might pre-date 64-bit systems and thus have no idea 64-bit files even exist) wouldn't find a 64-bit DLL, try to load it, fail, and then generate an error message.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

64-Bit Operating System Cannot Run Many x86 Applications or Programs

1. 64-Bit Operating System Cannot Run Many x86 Applications or Programs - Similar Threads - Bit Operating System

2. 64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications: I have a 64-bit PC, and I want to run an application, but everytime I do so it tells me that it can't run on my PC. I've tried running the troubleshooter, compatability mode, running as admin, and nothing works. I've been at this for a few hours now. Any suggestions would be...
  3. Running 16 bit apps on 64 bit system.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Running 16 bit apps on 64 bit system.: Is it definitely possible, although the results are mixed. You just downloadthis VM made by Leecher1337 on github, run install.bat and restart. Try running your app again....
  4. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs: 64 bit versions of apps I want to install say something like "64bit windows is required" and "this version will not work on your computer. Please download the 32 bit version instead.". The messages are also blurry. [ATTACH][ATTACH] System Type: 64-bit operating system,...
  5. 64 bit program run on a 32bit system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    64 bit program run on a 32bit system?: Is there something? Any program or something similar that makes this possible? Thanks a lot! LG 64 bit Programm auf einem 32bit System laufen lassen?
  6. 16/32-Bit Installer on a 64-Bit Operating System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16/32-Bit Installer on a 64-Bit Operating System: So to put this simply. I have a retail game of Rayman 2: The Great Escape + fromthe 10th Anniversary Collection. I put the disc in, choose Setup.EXE and... Nothing. "SetupUbi.exe 32 bites" is running in the background when I check task manager but other than that nothing pops...
  7. 32-bit operating system on 64-bit processor

32-bit operating system on 64-bit processor: Hello so I need some advice. Currently I have an old core 2 duo e8400 with 4gb of RAM integrated graphics running the 32-bit version of Windows 10. I only use the computer for PS4 remote play and watching YouTube / Netflix. Would it be worth reinstalling Windows 10 to the...
  8. downloaded 64 bit app but install on program files x86

downloaded 64 bit app but install on program files x86: can anyone explain is this happening? ALL of my installations goes to program files x86 eventhough it supposed to be a 64 bit programs. am i missing something here? the programs run fine but its weird to me. for example i have a 64 bit chrome but the programs and all the...
  9. operating system is not configured to run this application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    operating system is not configured to run this application: I had this problem with Microsoft Excel, every time I tried to open an Excel file or launch the Excel application I got the error "operating system is not configured to run this application". I finally managed to figure out that it was my antivirus, Bitdefender....
  10. NVIDIA Support Plan for 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Support Plan for 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems: I agree with the gaming updates being shuddered (most gamers have long since moved on) but security updates should continue as long as MS supports the OS. This is a dangerous precedent being made here of abandoning still supported operating systems. AMD did this a while ago...