Windows 10: 64 bit processor wont run setup.exe

Discus and support 64 bit processor wont run setup.exe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to reinstall windows 1o pro onto my machine whit has a 64 bit processor but the setup.exe will not run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GavSmith, Nov 23, 2020.

1. GavSmith Win User

64 bit processor wont run setup.exe

I am trying to reinstall windows 1o pro onto my machine whit has a 64 bit processor but the setup.exe will not run

:)

GavSmith, Nov 23, 2020

2. 64 bit processor running 32 bits.

I have a 64 bit processor, but y computer runs on 32 bits, how do i change it to run at 64 bits?

JOHNATHON (Student), Nov 23, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    CCleaner 64 bit wont run.

Hi. 64 bit processor wont run setup.exe :) I am facing an odd issue with CCleaner. The 64 bit one is not running, whereas the 32 bit is working properly.

Here is the message it is providing:

64 bit processor wont run setup.exe [​IMG]

So I went to the location, double clicked the target file, got the same thing.

But, the 32 bit one is working properly, I made it sure.

What I have tried till now:
    1. I uninstalled CCleaner, Downloaded a fresh copy from Filehippo and installed it.
    2. I restarted the computer.
    3. I ran disc cleanup, selecting everything possible.
    4. Did another uninstall and reinstall.
    Nothing helped.

Any guidance will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance. 64 bit processor wont run setup.exe :)

BTW, if anybody want to ask, my windows is 64 bit, preview build 10122.

4. ARC
    Arc Win User

CCleaner 64 bit wont run.

Hi Cliff S. Thanks a lot.

I did not run SFC initially because in my understanding SFC checks the system files only, and is not effective for third party tools. Still I did it as you suggested, it found nothing.

I havent tried Dism yet ... please guide me about it in details. I am unaware of it.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local and C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming does not contain any CCleaner entry after it is uninstalled. I sehed everywhere in C:\Users\<username>\AppData .... no entry for CCleaner. Should I look at any other place too?

There were some in Regedit. Like
    • Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cclaunch
    • Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cclaunch\shell\open\command
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Open CCleaner...
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Open CCleaner...\command
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Run CCleaner
    Five in total. Deleted those, will try another installation now and will let you know.

Hi topgundcp. Thanks a lot to you, too.

I tried your suggestion, got the same result. *Sad

Thema:

1. 64 bit processor wont run setup.exe - Similar Threads - bit processor wont

2. 64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications: I have a 64-bit PC, and I want to run an application, but everytime I do so it tells me that it can't run on my PC. I've tried running the troubleshooter, compatability mode, running as admin, and nothing works. I've been at this for a few hours now. Any suggestions would be...
  3. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs: 64 bit versions of apps I want to install say something like "64bit windows is required" and "this version will not work on your computer. Please download the 32 bit version instead.". The messages are also blurry. [ATTACH][ATTACH] System Type: 64-bit operating system,...
  4. 32-bit operating system on 64-bit processor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    32-bit operating system on 64-bit processor: Hello so I need some advice. Currently I have an old core 2 duo e8400 with 4gb of RAM integrated graphics running the 32-bit version of Windows 10. I only use the computer for PS4 remote play and watching YouTube / Netflix. Would it be worth reinstalling Windows 10 to the...
  5. 32 bits on 64 bits processor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    32 bits on 64 bits processor: I have windows 10 64 bits installed on my laptop. I have 2 gb ram , so my experience with 64 bit version is terrible. also I don't want to leave windows environment. does switching to 32 bits would solve my problem....
  6. Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit with a 64-bit based processor

Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit with a 64-bit based processor: How can I change my Windows 10 32-bit OS to 64-bit as I've a 64-bit based processor? I tried downloading the Windows 10 64-bit OS from the microsoft site like an ISO file and tried running it, but it says that this pc can't run that software where Windows 10 32-bit was...
  7. .exe file wont run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe file wont run: So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help? 61193
  8. CCleaner 64 bit wont run.

CCleaner 64 bit wont run.: Hi. *Smile I am facing an odd issue with CCleaner. The 64 bit one is not running, whereas the 32 bit is working properly. Here is the message it is providing: [img] So I went to the location, double clicked the target file, got the same thing. [img] But,...
  9. 32 or 64-bit exe-file?

32 or 64-bit exe-file?: There are two questions: first - how can I find out which version the application is? I mean 64 or 32-bit version. There is the simple command "file" in UNIX/Linux, does Windows have something similar? Thanks. Second - I've bought the computer with Win10 which already was...
  10. Run 64bit Windows on 32bit UEFI that on 64 bit Processor

Run 64bit Windows on 32bit UEFI that on 64 bit Processor: i managed to install 32bit windows 10 on my laptop specs - 320gb hdd - 4gb ram ( upgraded from 2gb ) - intel atom the reason i want 64bit windows is for me to access the full 4gb ram ( 3gb usable on 32bit windows ) or is there an Pae patch for windows 10 already?...