Windows 10: 64 bit to 32 bit

Discus and support 64 bit to 32 bit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have a Asus laptop with 64 bit system loaded win10 64 bit used 89% of ram contacted Asus unit not suitable for win 10 is there a way to run win10 32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tas Devil, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Tas Devil Win User

64 bit to 32 bit

Have a Asus laptop with 64 bit system loaded win10 64 bit used 89% of ram contacted Asus unit not suitable for win 10 is there a way to run win10 32 bit on a 64 bit system as this should use less ram.

:)

Tas Devil, Jan 31, 2016
  2. Ubrales1 Win User

Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit

32-bit programs will run in 32-bit mode whether or not the OS is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Very few programs are 64-bit. And, 64-bit programs will run in 64-bit mode on a 64-bit OS.

Ubrales

Ubrales1, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Why do all my programs display as 32bit in task manager when my computer is meant for 64bit?

They display as 32-bit because they are 32-bit programs. Unlike 32-bit Windows which can only run 32-bit programs, 64-bit Windows can run both 64-bit and 32-bit programs.

There's nothing strange or wrong about this. Some programs have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, but most are only 32-bit.

Ken Blake, Jan 31, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

64 bit to 32 bit

Yes, it can be done but you'd have to do a fully-clean install of the 32-bit version. Same would apply if going from 32-bit to 64-bit. Be sure to do a backup copying of any data you don't want to lose to another drive, anything that exists nowhere else. Programs will have to be reinstalled from disc or download.

The 64-bit version of Windows only requires 2GB RAM but works much better with 4GB while the 32-bit version only requires 1GB but works much better with more but may show only about 3.5GB out of 4GB, not a performance problem as I've successfully done so. I don't worry too much about how much RAM Windows uses as long as it works, it's when programs start crashing that one should investigate why.

Berton, Jan 31, 2016
  5. Tas Devil Win User
    Many thanks will try & see what happens have tried in past but it kept coming up & saying load 64 bit.

Tas Devil, Jan 31, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jan 31, 2016
  7. Tas Devil Win User
    Tas Devil, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

64 bit to 32 bit

1. 64 bit to 32 bit - Similar Threads - bit bit

2. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  3. Bit locker on SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit locker on SSD Drive: Hi All, I have a Lenovo laptop, some how when I switched it on it loads up just where the it asked for the pin/password it says it is not avaible and set new pin, I can get in to forced reset but it comes up asking for bit locker code, unfortune my Microsoft account got...
  4. Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb: I have a laptop with Windows 10 home edition 32 bit. My mechine supports 64 bit os. Now i have not an usb to install 64 bit windows image. The direct upgarde isn't possible in 32 bit from 64 bit. How to replace my 32 bit os with 64 bit...
  5. Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb

Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb: I have a laptop with Windows 10 home edition 32 bit. My mechine supports 64 bit os. Now i have not an usb to install 64 bit windows image. The direct upgarde isn't possible in 32 bit from 64 bit. How to replace my 32 bit os with 64 bit...
  6. Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. RegSvr32 .dll not compatible with Windows 10 64-bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RegSvr32 .dll not compatible with Windows 10 64-bit: I recently installed a new SSD for my computer and had to reinstall Windows 10 for it, but whenever I try to open a game launcher, it gives me an error message stating that there is a bad image 0xc000012f. Sources said that I have to reregister it or reinstall Windows again....
  8. RegSvr32 .dll not compatible with Windows 10 64-bit

RegSvr32 .dll not compatible with Windows 10 64-bit: I recently installed a new SSD for my computer and had to reinstall Windows 10 for it, but whenever I try to open a game launcher, it gives me an error message stating that there is a bad image 0xc000012f. Sources said that I have to reregister it or reinstall Windows again....
  9. RegSvr32 .dll not compatible with Windows 10 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Remove every bit of code of One Drive !

Remove every bit of code of One Drive !: As many have posted: REMOVE ALL ASPECTS OF ONE DRIVE! Clearly MS is part of the data mining entities. I personally loathe One Drive. It's defaulted for a reason to go to the cloud. The multiple requesters that have posted in this forum want it removed in it's entirety, NOT...