Windows 10: 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

Discus and support 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 64 bit versions of apps I want to install say something like "64bit windows is required" and "this version will not work on your computer. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeremyGamboa, Nov 17, 2020.

1. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

64 bit versions of apps I want to install say something like "64bit windows is required" and "this version will not work on your computer. Please download the 32 bit version instead.". The messages are also blurry.

64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs 0547be50-f381-4f70-b0b9-6c707144e30f?upload=true.jpg 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs 9f605301-2ab3-4c21-a99d-b9afeaf3af1b?upload=true.jpg

System Type: 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor

Windows Edition: Windows 10 Home

:)

JeremyGamboa, Nov 17, 2020

2. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

I have 64 bit windows 10 (10586) and a 64 bit processor but I can't run 64 bit programs.

I tested by trying to install 64 bit java and 32 bit java, 64 bit installer come up with the error "This app can't run on your PC" but the 32 bit installer works fine.

In task manager it appears all my programs are running in 32 bit mode which I don't think they were doing before.

I booted into safe mode to see if it would change anything but the problem still occurred.

This problem started today but I have no idea what has caused it, the last thing I did before I noticed the problem was adding a network drive to windows explorer which crashed the first time I tried, however it probably happened before
    this as I hadn't tried to install anything beforehand.

What could be causing this and how can I fix it? Any help would be appreciated!

ThunderDino, Nov 17, 2020
  3. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

Many applications are 32 bit and they run just fine on 64 bit Windows 10. There are 64 bit apps, but these are mostly sophisticated applications that can take advantage of more than 4 GBs of RAM.

To confirm you do have a 64 bit version of Windows, press Windows key + X then click System.

Look under System type. It should say if its 32 or 64 bit.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Ubrales1 Win User

64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit

32-bit programs will run in 32-bit mode whether or not the OS is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Very few programs are 64-bit. And, 64-bit programs will run in 64-bit mode on a 64-bit OS.

Ubrales

Ubrales1, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

1. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs - Similar Threads - bit can't run

2. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit: Hello all, I was forced to do a fresh install of windows 10 since I changed my SSD. I used the media creation tool to get win10 version 22H2 that is running 64 bit. Nothing else in my hardware or bios configuration was changed whatsoever. Just popped out old ssd and installed...
  3. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit: Hello all, I was forced to do a fresh install of windows 10 since I changed my SSD. I used the media creation tool to get win10 version 22H2 that is running 64 bit. Nothing else in my hardware or bios configuration was changed whatsoever. Just popped out old ssd and installed...
  4. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install/Run 32-bit program on Windows 10 64-bit

Install/Run 32-bit program on Windows 10 64-bit: Hi. I have an old 32-bit drafting program that I would like to install and run on my Windows 10 64-bit Surface Pro. Is it possible - if so, how do I do it or what can I try?...
  6. 64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications: I have a 64-bit PC, and I want to run an application, but everytime I do so it tells me that it can't run on my PC. I've tried running the troubleshooter, compatability mode, running as admin, and nothing works. I've been at this for a few hours now. Any suggestions would be...
  7. 64 bit program run on a 32bit system?

64 bit program run on a 32bit system?: Is there something? Any program or something similar that makes this possible? Thanks a lot! LG 64 bit Programm auf einem 32bit System laufen lassen?
  8. Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs

Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs: I recently purchased a Surface Pro X and I am trying to install some programs but they are not allowing me to install due the program requiring a 64 bit Operating system. I have checked my System information and I am definitely running 64 bit windows "System type: 64-bit...
  9. 32 bit program not running on Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    32 bit program not running on Windows 10 64 bit: I have a program that I am trying to run on Windows 10, but it says it just run on a 32bit version navigator. Any suggestion on what to do?...
  10. windows 64 bit can't run into windows 32 bit

windows 64 bit can't run into windows 32 bit: Hi, first sorry if my English is not good I always install windows by this simple way and I have no problem so far. I extract iso file into one of drive with winrar. For windows 7 and 8 run setup.exe in the root drive and follow steps until that step I want select drive. If I...