Windows 10: 64-bit Windows

Discus and support 64-bit Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'd like to verify if my hardware can support the 64-bit Windows 10. What should I check? If I have a valid Windows install, will there be an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by J. EricLooney, Jul 14, 2020.

1. 64-bit Windows

I'd like to verify if my hardware can support the 64-bit Windows 10. What should I check? If I have a valid Windows install, will there be an issue with the Microsoft account if I reinstall with the 64-bit ISO as long as my hardware supports it?

thanks

:)

J. EricLooney, Jul 14, 2020

2. Windows 32 bits to 64 bits

Hi Kulbeer,

To upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit, we suggest that you check and follow the steps/instructions provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 14, 2020
  3. pepoluan Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Jul 14, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

64-bit Windows

Windows XP 64-bit is gold

Several Websites report that Windows XP 64-bit has reached gold status and is on the way to the CD manufacturer.

MSDN subscribers can already download the final release of Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.

The top 5 reasons to upgrade are (from MS Website):
    • High performance platform for the next generation of applications: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is a rich platform that enables the next generation of high-performance computing. 64-bit native applications can deliver more data per clock cycle, making them run faster and more efficiently.
    • Large memory support: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition will currently support up to 128 gigabytes (GB) of RAM and 16 terabytes of virtual memory, enabling applications to run faster when working with large data sets. Applications can preload substantially more data into virtual memory, allowing rapid access by the 64-bit processor.
    • Flexibility: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition provides a rich platform to integrate 64-bit technical applications and existing 32-bit business applications using the Windows on Windows 64 (WOW64) x86 emulation layer, providing customers with the ability to move to 64-bit computing without having to sacrifice their existing investment in 32-bit software and Windows expertise.
    • Multiprocessing and multicore: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to support up to two single or multicore x64 processors for maximum performance and scalability.
    • Same programming model: Developers with 32-bit skills will be comfortable and quickly productive in the 64-bit Windows environment, finding it virtually identical to the development environment for 32-bit Windows.
    I have seen many reviews which compare 64-bit vs. 32-bit and there is not much gain to see, unless you use specialized applications.

W1zzard, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

64-bit Windows

1. 64-bit Windows - Similar Threads - bit

2. how can i bypass bit locker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i bypass bit locker: i have a lenovo ideapad 3 and as soon as i turn it on it asks for bitlocker code which i do not have and it wont let me do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-bypass-bit-locker/7745068d-6526-41a2-a3c2-de47920529a5
  3. how can i bypass bit locker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i bypass bit locker: i have a lenovo ideapad 3 and as soon as i turn it on it asks for bitlocker code which i do not have and it wont let me do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-bypass-bit-locker/7745068d-6526-41a2-a3c2-de47920529a5
  4. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  5. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  6. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...: My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code 0x000000f also saying the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Can anyone help?...
  7. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...: My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code 0x000000f also saying the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Can anyone help?...
  8. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different: i got my pc reset by a repair shop for ram and other stuff and now microsoft edge, file explorer fonts look a bit different. here are some examples:-...
  10. i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different: i got my pc reset by a repair shop for ram and other stuff and now microsoft edge, file explorer fonts look a bit different. here are some examples:-...