Windows 10: 64GB microSD card - want to format with one large partition but can't

Discus and support 64GB microSD card - want to format with one large partition but can't in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm currently struggling to format a 64GB microSD card. I've been into disk manager, etc but can't seem to be able to create a single partition - the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WinTenner, Aug 1, 2019.

1. WinTenner Win User

64GB microSD card - want to format with one large partition but can't

I'm currently struggling to format a 64GB microSD card. I've been into disk manager, etc but can't seem to be able to create a single partition - the minimum it will let me create is two (one of those is 2GB) but when I've done that and put the card into my PC I see FOUR partitons (F, G, H, I) when I click on 'My PC'.

I've tried deleting these, creating new ones, re-formatting, etc but I can't seem to create a single large partition.

I also need the partition to be formatted as exFat.

Any ideas please where I'm going wrong?

The card is a SanDisk.

Thanks

:)

WinTenner, Aug 1, 2019
  2. jk22 Win User

MicroSD Card drive cant open and cant format

Error:

64GB microSD card - want to format with one large partition but can't [​IMG]

jk22, Aug 1, 2019
  3. jk22 Win User
    MicroSD Card drive cant open and cant format

Hey guys,

I have ADATA MicroSD Card 64GB and it was working fine yesterday and I decided to format it. It does format good but I run quick format again and than its showing me the error below.

64GB microSD card - want to format with one large partition but can't [​IMG]

Regards.

jk22, Aug 1, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

1. 64GB microSD card - want to format with one large partition but can't - Similar Threads - 64GB microSD card

2. Format microSD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format microSD card: I tried to format a SanDisk microSD 64 GB card using File explorer without success.The card name could not be changed.The card could not be formatted regardless quick or full.All folders and files could be deleted except some files in 2 folders. However, about two dozen files...
  3. Format microSD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format microSD card: I tried to format a SanDisk microSD 64 GB card using File explorer without success.The card name could not be changed.The card could not be formatted regardless quick or full.All folders and files could be deleted except some files in 2 folders. However, about two dozen files...
  4. how to format a MicroSD card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to format a MicroSD card?: I bought a MicroSD card for my doorbell camera and the unit says the disc needs to be formatted. I knew how to do this 20 years ago, but not anymore :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-microsd-card/eea89181-bc42-4033-9b5e-bf45de1d459b
  5. how to format a MicroSD card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to format a MicroSD card?: I bought a MicroSD card for my doorbell camera and the unit says the disc needs to be formatted. I knew how to do this 20 years ago, but not anymore :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-microsd-card/eea89181-bc42-4033-9b5e-bf45de1d459b
  6. how to format a MicroSD card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. MicroSd Card - cannot format but can read

MicroSd Card - cannot format but can read: Strangest thing I have 128gb MicroSD card. Ive tried formatting in Windows 10, Disk Mgmt, Diskpart, AOMEI, EaseUS, SD Formatter, Android, old camera, Roku - no matter what I do it does not format It is currently exFat, I can still view the files. I have tried multiple...
  8. 64GB microSD card - want to format with one large partition but can't

64GB microSD card - want to format with one large partition but can't: I'm currently struggling to format a 64GB microSD card. I've been into disk manager, etc but can't seem to be able to create a single partition - the minimum it will let me create is two (one of those is 2GB) but when I've done that and put the card into my PC I see FOUR...
  9. Formatting MicroSD cards permanently problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting MicroSD cards permanently problem: I have problem formatting my Micro SD cards Using Windows 10 , every time I attempt to format it says the device is fully formatted , then when I use the card into the device , it says there are still files on your Card. I simply can Use the format bottom and will fully...
  10. MicroSD Card drive cant open and cant format

MicroSD Card drive cant open and cant format: Hey guys, I have ADATA MicroSD Card 64GB and it was working fine yesterday and I decided to format it. It does format good but I run quick format again and than its showing me the error below. [img] Regards. 83599