Windows 10: 64GB SD card is stuck at scanning for errors since over 3 hours. Is it safe to cancel and...

Discus and support 64GB SD card is stuck at scanning for errors since over 3 hours. Is it safe to cancel and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lord_Vermoud [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lord_Vermoud, Nov 7, 2019.

1. 64GB SD card is stuck at scanning for errors since over 3 hours. Is it safe to cancel and...

/u/Lord_Vermoud, Nov 7, 2019
  2. LCRT Win User

Scan and Fix sD Card

refer to these instructions

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/use-an-sd-card-to-add-space

"To safely remove the SD card from your phone

Before you take the card out of your phone, you need to go through a few steps on your phone first. Otherwise, it can cause problems with the card itself or the files on it.

• In the
      App list
      , tap Storage Sense
      64GB SD card is stuck at scanning for errors since over 3 hours. Is it safe to cancel and... storage-sense-icon_InvariantCulture_Default.png

• Tap SD card, pan down and tap Remove SD card, then tap
      Yes to confirm.

• In the Safe to remove message box, tap OK, then take the card out of your phone.
    If you don't safely remove the SD card, when you reinsert the card you might see the
    Scan SD card and fix errors message box. If that happens, tap
    Yes to have your phone scan the card and try to fix any errors. If you see an
    SD card scan failed message, insert the SD card into a PC to try and fix it there. To learn more, see this

Microsoft Support article about fixing SD card problems
    . "

LCRT, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Scan SD Card and Fix errors

In my case, this "scan sd and fix errors" thing is taking around 20 hours... I don't know what to do...

marianojamsech, Nov 7, 2019
  4. PACALA_BA Win User

64GB SD card is stuck at scanning for errors since over 3 hours. Is it safe to cancel and...

Windows 10 phone: Scan SD Card and fix errors...but Scan not started.

• When you say that "Now all is working .......OK", are you able to resolve the regarding the SD card by removing the SIM card from the phone and re-inserting ?
    no, sd card untouched..

• What are the troubleshooting steps which you have tried to resolve the issue?
    I must REMOVE SIM-PIN, PIN
    64GB SD card is stuck at scanning for errors since over 3 hours. Is it safe to cancel and... pullhair.gif

restart phone

Scan SD Card and fix errors.......Scanning STARTED IMMEDIATLY
    64GB SD card is stuck at scanning for errors since over 3 hours. Is it safe to cancel and... iconfused.gif

(without SIM-PIN,PIN )

but i must do scanning about +++6+++
    64GB SD card is stuck at scanning for errors since over 3 hours. Is it safe to cancel and... pullhair.gif
    times, to see sd card again in file explorer

It is not ++acceptable++, without sd card phone is unuseable...

=======================================

• I suggest you to install free File Explorer app from Windows Store and check if you are able to access SD card without removing the SIM card from the phone.
    File Explorer:

sd card(D64GB SD card is stuck at scanning for errors since over 3 hours. Is it safe to cancel and... :)..this folder is empty......before scanning

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

..................................................HOW-TO-REPRODUCE:

phone.update.download

Downloading 0%

wifi-OFF/ON.....

and try to restart download...
    64GB SD card is stuck at scanning for errors since over 3 hours. Is it safe to cancel and... iconfused.gif

By download , possible missing checking sd card

it was still Downloading 0%

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

..........OR HOW TO RESTART PHONE.UPDATE.DOWNLOAD, what should i do...

PACALA_BA, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

64GB SD card is stuck at scanning for errors since over 3 hours. Is it safe to cancel and...

1. 64GB SD card is stuck at scanning for errors since over 3 hours. Is it safe to cancel and... - Similar Threads - 64GB card stuck

2. SD Card reading error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card reading error: I've been using Windows 11 now for a few weeks on my new PC. Lately I've been using my DSLR camera to take photos for a college course and I've noticed almost every time I plug the SD card into my PC explorer crashes. Explorer becomes unresponsive, I'm unable to end task or...
  3. sd card not scanning?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sd card not scanning?: My micro sd wont be detected when put into my usb all in one sd card reader. It only works when I put it in my adapter and put it in the normal sd slot. I misplaced my adapter so it would be nice to know a fix...
  4. sd card not scanning?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sd card not scanning?: My micro sd wont be detected when put into my usb all in one sd card reader. It only works when I put it in my adapter and put it in the normal sd slot. I misplaced my adapter so it would be nice to know a fix...
  5. System restore took over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore took over 3 hours: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar...
  6. System restore took over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore took over 3 hours: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar...
  7. A simple thing of creating an disk image to a 64gb SD card.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A simple thing of creating an disk image to a 64gb SD card.: I have Windows 10 I'm on a PC I want to create a simple disk image. I have, the largest I have, is a 64gb MicroSD. Placed in a SD card adapter. I have plugged this into the card reader on the PC and when I click on Create a Disk Image it does not find that as a SD as a...
  8. Updating my laptop from 1903 to 2004, and it’s stuck at this for over 3 hours. The...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating my laptop from 1903 to 2004, and it’s stuck at this for over 3 hours. The...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rpham2234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixbg23/updating_my_laptop_from_1903_to_2004_and_its/
  9. Stop Windows Defender scanning SD cards

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop Windows Defender scanning SD cards: Thanks have done as you suggested, will try it out over the weekend to see if it speeds up the import from SD card to Lightroom
  10. Windows 10 stuck on bootup for over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on bootup for over 3 hours: I was using my Asus F551M laptop 2.1 Ghz running Windows 10 one day and all of sudden it stalled. I restarted and then the problems started. Bootup took about 20 minutes and once back to desktop each keystroke took up to 5 mins to complete I quickly realized there was a...