Windows 10: 64GB usb pen can’t format

Discus and support 64GB usb pen can’t format in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lexar 64GB usb pen, which until recently worked perfectly. All of a sudden it now refuses to allow me to delete any files from it or format... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Nov 3, 2020.

1. 64GB usb pen can’t format

I have a Lexar 64GB usb pen, which until recently worked perfectly. All of a sudden it now refuses to allow me to delete any files from it or format it, although I can write new files to it.

I deleted the USB pen partition using Windows and Partition manager & recreated it, However to surprise it still had the original files intact. Wonder if there is anything I can do to resurrect it.

just used Diskpart Clean and it said successful, but still the files are on it ?

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

formatting pen drive with diskpart

In both your screenshots Diskpart says the usb pen drive is 64MB, not 8GB. This suggests the usb has developed a fault.

You could try opening Device Manager and unistalling the usb device for this pen drive. When it detects new hardware and reinstalls the device it may work. I suspect not though, its more likely that this usb pen drive has failed.

Bree, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Milton Win User
    Problem with a 64gb USB Verbatim flash stick

Cleaned the WinToUsb drive (G) with DiskPart as suggested and now it just says USB Drive (G).
    I cannot seem to be able to format it with either NTFS or FAT(Default) ?

I think what you said about creating a partition is probably what I didn't completely understand....and may have bypassed that step ?

I think I need you to guide me through that step.

Milton, Nov 3, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

64GB usb pen can’t format

Windows format disk message

Hello Marcos,

There may be several reasons why you are being prompted to have your pen drive formatted every time you plug it in to your PC. This prompt, however, may not be disabled. To isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes on your PC prior to this happening?
    • Was your pen drive improperly pulled out from the USB port?
    • Have you tried plugging your pen drive to a different USB port or a different computer?

In the meantime we suggest you to check if your pen drive appears under
    Disk Management
    without any error. To check, follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + X.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Check and see if your pen drive shows on the list.

We will be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

64GB usb pen can’t format

1. 64GB usb pen can’t format - Similar Threads - 64GB usb pen

2. 64GB usb to FAT32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    64GB usb to FAT32: I'am a dj and dj devices only support fat32. I can format my usb to FAT32 but is this process harmful? or i need a new 32GB usb? can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64gb-usb-to-fat32/0f612142-3a6b-40df-b864-e1e66189e929
  3. 64GB usb to FAT32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    64GB usb to FAT32: I'am a dj and dj devices only support fat32. I can format my usb to FAT32 but is this process harmful? or i need a new 32GB usb? can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64gb-usb-to-fat32/0f612142-3a6b-40df-b864-e1e66189e929
  4. 64GB usb to FAT32

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Storage Capacity From 64GB to 8MB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Storage Capacity From 64GB to 8MB: PLease help me ASAP my usb storage capacity went from 64gb to 8mb bruh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-storage-capacity-from-64gb-to-8mb/0e370e16-6f6a-41fb-9fe0-a28bfacc7f79
  6. Can’t format USB Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t format USB Drive in Windows 10: USB Drives are notorious for being vulnerable to viruses and malware as it is constantly plugged into different computers. So, because of this, we may need to format the drive more often than not, but what if you are not able to do that? In this article, we are going to see...
  7. Formatting 64GB USB Drive to FAT32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting 64GB USB Drive to FAT32: Is this possible? I've read many threads. I followed these steps: B1.Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port. 2.Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter. 3.Find Disk Drives and expand it. 4.Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and...
  8. formatting pen drive with diskpart

formatting pen drive with diskpart: I have a 8 GB usb and due to some problem as discussed here I am trying to format my USB disk which is 8 GB in size. When I insert the USB following message pops up [img] so I decided to format the usb as per a tutorial here when I execute command create partition primary...
  9. how to format my pen drive

how to format my pen drive: No free space, mbr partition, raw file system. what to do?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-my-pen-drive/e47f7092-0171-48ea-9f77-270a9c03fa99
  10. Created bootable USB-can’t install /format destination disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Created bootable USB-can’t install /format destination disk: Trying to install a fresh copy of 10 on a hard drive via bootable USB. Everything is fine until I get to pick the destination disc. It won’t let me install over old installation/partition but also won’t let me format the disk. No idea what I am doing wrong 116243