Windows 10: 7.1 USB headset but the surround sound does not work?

Discus and support 7.1 USB headset but the surround sound does not work? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i have not had surround sound on my PC for about a year (so since i got the headset) but it works on another one. I have already written to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fctorypro, Aug 5, 2020.

1. fctorypro Win User

7.1 USB headset but the surround sound does not work?

Hello,

i have not had surround sound on my PC for about a year (so since i got the headset) but it works on another one. I have already written to the support team who couldn't help me either. Resetting my PC remains my last option (I haven't done that yet because of the amount of data on it)

I've been searching the internet long enough and still haven't found a solution so I wanted to ask the smart people on the internet for help.

-Win10, HyperX Cloud II 7.1

I have also checked my settings several times, everything is set up exactly the same as on the PC and the headset worked fine, I think. Re-installing (several times) the headset didn't help (although I thought there was a message from Windows that a new device was installed when you plugged it in, but it didn't come).

I think it's probably a program that somehow prevents or blocks it, but which one? Any idea?

:)

fctorypro, Aug 5, 2020

2. 7.1 Surround Sound gaming headset cannot be identified

Hi, I purchased a 7.1 surround sound gaming headset from mpow and I am unable to install the application to download the drivers for it. I have connected the headset but the application from mpow to install the drivers for the headset does not register that
    the headphones are connected when in fact they are. I can hear audio from the headphones, in the sound control panel the headphones are listed as generic

"headphones

high definition audio device"

Is this a problem with any windows audio drivers i may have installed?

Gordon_550, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Dynata07 Win User
    how to turn on 7.1 surround sound ?

how to turn on 7.1 surround sound ?

i just bought headset 7.1 surround sound but i cant change the setting on windows 10 latest updates

Dynata07, Aug 5, 2020
  4. 7.1 USB headset but the surround sound does not work?

Windows 10 Not Recognizing 7.1 Surround Sound Headset

Hi lads,

I recently updated my computer with the September W10 update, and just of today have noticed that W10 is not officially recognizing my device as a 7.1 Surround Sound Headset. Prior to the update, W10 recognized this fine and I was able to apply the respective
    Spatial Sound properties under the Sound options. Now it seems there is no 7.1 option whatsoever, and the option to enable Dolby Atmos is also vacant.

When looking under Controller Information in General, the computer identifies the Headset as (Generic USB Audio). I am positive that a 7.1 device is far from 'generic'.

I am using a Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 Headset and have tried a numerous amount of troubleshooting, including the following:

- Re-calibrating the Headset through the Razer Synapse application

- Uninstalling/reinstalling audio drivers & sound devices

- Updating audio drivers & sound devices

It is obvious that the latest update has somehow rendered my device invisible to W10, so my only other option at this point could be a system restore to before I did the update. However, I'm curious to know if anyone else has had this problem and-or if there
    is a fix for it.

Thanks,

- L

Lachlan Ruhr, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

7.1 USB headset but the surround sound does not work?

1. 7.1 USB headset but the surround sound does not work? - Similar Threads - USB headset surround

2. 7.1 Surround Sound not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    7.1 Surround Sound not working: I just recently bought a new pc for gaming and work. I have a pair of Sennheiser headphones that allow 7.1 surround sound and they sounded great. But when I got my new pc, it does not give me the option to choose either 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound audio. It had worked on my old...
  3. Surround Sound Doesn't Work?

Surround Sound Doesn't Work?: Hello, I got my Cyberpower PC back in December of 2018, and ever since I got it all USB audio devices that I have used do not have surround sound. All of the devices I have used support surround sound specifically the wireless SteelSeries Arctis 7 I have used for about a year...
  4. Surround sound works but speaker fill does not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surround sound works but speaker fill does not: So I know some things like youtube only put out in stereo and I supplemented that with speaker fill over the years, however, I am noticing that no longer is working and it is really bothering me. I have the default windows driver and speaker fill enabled. 5.1 is configured...
  5. Surround sound works but speaker fill does not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surround sound works but speaker fill does not: So I know some things like youtube only put out in stereo and I supplemented that with speaker fill over the years, however, I am noticing that no longer is working and it is really bothering me. I have the default windows driver and speaker fill enabled. 5.1 is configured...
  6. 7.1 Surround Sound does not work

7.1 Surround Sound does not work: Hi! I recently bought a Razer Headset that supports 7.1 Surround Sound. I installed the drivers but when I change my playback device to "Speakers 7.1 Surroud Sound" I doesn´t work. I can´t listen to anything but everything seems to be working perfectly. Please if you know how...
  7. 5.1 Surround Sound Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    5.1 Surround Sound Not Working: I have tried everything. Cannot get sound from my center or rear speakers. All of your "fixes" are a joke. Sick of this. I have a good speaker setup and this shawdy excuse for an OS is ruining my experience. Could use an actual fix for my machine!...
  8. Bluetooth Headset Surround Sound

Bluetooth Headset Surround Sound: Hello all, So, I've seen some issues that people have been having with getting their bluetooth connected period, not getting sound out of their headphones once connected or even having sound until they launch something, in which, I've had those issues as well, but worked it...
  9. Windows 10 Not Recognizing 7.1 Surround Sound Headset

Windows 10 Not Recognizing 7.1 Surround Sound Headset: Hi lads, I recently updated my computer with the September W10 update, and just of today have noticed that W10 is not officially recognizing my device as a 7.1 Surround Sound Headset. Prior to the update, W10 recognized this fine and I was able to apply the respective...
  10. 5.1 surround sound not working :/

5.1 surround sound not working :/: Hello to the people who might to try to solve this issue, the hardware that im using for my 5.1 surround sound system is a sony digital audio/Video control center(that works ive used it on my xbox), the problem im having is the rear RCA jack audio driver. For some reason no...