Windows 10: 7/24 computer power on, is it bad for the hardware's lifespan?

Discus and support 7/24 computer power on, is it bad for the hardware's lifespan? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; regardless of the carbon production and electricity cost, is it bad for the hardware's lifespan for the PC turned on for 7/24, only the screen is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tsw88, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Tsw88 Win User

7/24 computer power on, is it bad for the hardware's lifespan?

regardless of the carbon production and electricity cost, is it bad for the hardware's lifespan for the PC turned on for 7/24, only the screen is switched off

:)

Tsw88, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 power options

Bad drivers installed in your computer could cause various issues, including problems with power options. We suggest that you verify and update the drivers. Here are the steps on how to verify and update the drivers:

• Go to Search, type devmg, and open Device Manager.
    • Check the whole list of installed hardware, see if none of them has a yellow exclamation mark aside from its icon.
    • If any of the installed hardware has an exclamation mark, right click on it, and select
      Update driver software.
    • Restart your computer, if needed.

Keep us updated with your concern.

Xylee Del, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Power Usage of PC: How To Reduce It?

It seems that some people are saying that leaving a PC on 24/7 shortens the lifespan of the hardware while others are saying it increases the lifespan of the hardware.

This is so confusing... :'(

Which one is correct?

NiceAndShy, Mar 11, 2019
  4. 7/24 computer power on, is it bad for the hardware's lifespan?

Power Usage of PC: How To Reduce It?

My laptop has been running 24/7 for almost 6 years, and only thing that has died is the battery. Everything else is running smoothly.

If your computer is consuming too much power, then do the following:

1. Make sure you have a platinum certified PSU
    2. remove ALL dust from computer and make sure you have proper cooling
    3. Get rid of your bad ass GPU
    4. Configure computer to use power saving scheme
    5. Underclock all components
    6. Stop/disable all non needed services

If non of the above help solve your issue, then buy newer hardware with latest components. They draw less power. Remember that high performance and low power consumption does not agree with each other. You can't get both and you have to choose components wisely.

slicendice, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

7/24 computer power on, is it bad for the hardware's lifespan?

1. 7/24 computer power on, is it bad for the hardware's lifespan? - Similar Threads - computer power bad

2. A COMPUTER HARDWARE ISSUE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A COMPUTER HARDWARE ISSUE: THERE'S A PROBLEM IN MY LAPTOP THAT HIS DVD DOESN'T PLAY MOVIES I HAVE WINDOWS 10 AND I TRIED TO UPDATE THE DVD AND TRY TO PUT OTHER MOVIES BUT IT DIDN'T HELP WHAT'S THE solution FOR THAT ?...
  3. Does keeping a PC hotspot on 24/7 have problems to it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does keeping a PC hotspot on 24/7 have problems to it?: Every time I'm done using my PC hotspot I always turn it off from fear of thinking it will slow down or get worse If I leave it on 24/7. But It gets tedious reconnecting my devices all the time. Are there any problems with leaving it on 24/7? (I turn off my pc when I go to...
  4. Windows 10 and the future lifespan of computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 and the future lifespan of computers: My family is using computers purchased in 2005, 2011, 2014, and 2015 (plus a couple of Windows 8 tablets). The computer purchased in 2005 is somewhat challenged in its capabilities by now, but it remains useful with linux, and its Windows XP OS is available for the rare time...
  5. Computer Crashes every 24 hours or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashes every 24 hours or so: My laptop has been crashing every 24 hours or so. My laptop is the Aspire E 17. Is their anyway i can get the error log, perhaps, and post it here for you guys to debug? Or any other suggestions is fine by me. Thank you 83595
  6. Can I work this system 24/7 ?

Can I work this system 24/7 ?: Hello. I am a new member of your forum and i would like to ask you a simple question. Can I leave my pc on 24/7? My hardware consists of an AMD A6 6400K underclock at 2.5GHz, a corsair 450w PSU, a hard drive of 1TB western digital green and an ASROCK FM2A58+ BTC motherboard....
  7. Is it "safe" to keep external hard drives awake 24/7 ?

Is it "safe" to keep external hard drives awake 24/7 ?: One small niggle I have is the 6 external HDDs I have, which are connected to docks, constantly take about 5 seconds to come to life when needed, I suddenly hear them whir up when I click on them or save to them. I have turned off "sleep" in Power settings, but this doesn't...
  8. Bad power supplies, or evil motherboard?

Bad power supplies, or evil motherboard?: TL;DR: Power supply was working, put computer to sleep, power supply went dead. New power supply was working, did not put computer to sleep, power supply went dead. Is the problem two faulty power supplies or a motherboard from hell? Over the past week I've run into a...
  9. Upgrading from 7 and hardware change

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading from 7 and hardware change: Hi experts, Please give me some advice on the best upgrade path for my system Currently running win7 on an AMD CPU/Gigabyte motherboard. I have Win7 installed on an SSD which is of course the boot device, and my user profiles are mapped to a second HDD where most of my...
  10. Computer's Bad Habits

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer's Bad Habits: Hello, My win 10 computer developed recently bad habits. Every day, about 2 hours after turning it on, a notice on the screen that "new updates are ready, scheduled restart or restart now..", so I select restart, and again the blue screen "working on updates" which ends...