Windows 10: 7.6.23 Win 7 will only boot one drive.

Discus and support 7.6.23 Win 7 will only boot one drive. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; MICROSOFT QUESTIONS.7.6.23 From UK.Not a technician. I have Dell 780 full size tower. Internally fitted is a 160 Gb Ordinary Sata Hard Drive connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by john raynham, Jun 7, 2023.

1. 7.6.23 Win 7 will only boot one drive.

MICROSOFT QUESTIONS.7.6.23 From UK.Not a technician. I have Dell 780 full size tower. Internally fitted is a 160 Gb Ordinary Sata Hard Drive connected to SATA 1 board socket. Also inside is a removable cassette with similar Hard drive fitted That cassette is connected to Sata 2 skt .Both drives have Win 7 HB. Each&nb

:)

john raynham, Jun 7, 2023

2. Dual-boot Win10/7 or go back to Win 7

Separate Hard Drive for win 7 and win 10
    select boot drive at bios when Booting ( F10 )
    Keeps them entirely separate and makes wipeing disk later easier

dorsetknob, Jun 7, 2023
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Jun 7, 2023
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

7.6.23 Win 7 will only boot one drive.

Dual-boot Win10/7 or go back to Win 7

That's as I thought hence my thinking dual boot or simply go back to 7.

I only have an SSD (OS) and 1TB HDD which is my Steam/downloads drive.

NdMk2o1o, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

7.6.23 Win 7 will only boot one drive.

1. 7.6.23 Win 7 will only boot one drive. - Similar Threads - boot drive

2. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  3. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  4. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

6. How to get Windows 8 to boot from a second drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 8 to boot from a second drive on Windows 11: SUMMARY: I'm trying to run Windows 8 from a dual boot Windows 11 installation. ERRO MESSAGE: Error code: 0xc0000001 Recovery screen with some options If none selected it turns off the laptop.SYSTEM: Windows 11 Home, version 22H2, OS build 22621.3296HISTORY: The SSD drive was...
  7. How to get Windows 8 to boot from a second drive on Windows 11

How to get Windows 8 to boot from a second drive on Windows 11: SUMMARY: I'm trying to run Windows 8 from a dual boot Windows 11 installation. ERRO MESSAGE: Error code: 0xc0000001 Recovery screen with some options If none selected it turns off the laptop.SYSTEM: Windows 11 Home, version 22H2, OS build 22621.3296HISTORY: The SSD drive was...
  8. Hard drive won't boot at first startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive won't boot at first startup: Problem started about two days ago, my laptop has been turned off for four days, I turned it on only to find the internal hard drive disk D: missing, I tried finding it in disk management, device manager, and later even in BIOS and it doesn't show up on all three. I've tried...
  9. How to boot to USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to boot to USB drive?: I made a bootable USB drive using Rufus, but can’t find how to boot to it. I’m using a Mac using boot camp, so I don’t have access to the BIOS and when I go to advance startup options and then use USB, the bootable drive I made isn’t listed. I know it’s possible, because I...
  10. How to boot to USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to boot to USB drive?: I made a bootable USB drive using Rufus, but can’t find how to boot to it. I’m using a Mac using boot camp, so I don’t have access to the BIOS and when I go to advance startup options and then use USB, the bootable drive I made isn’t listed. I know it’s possible, because I...