Windows 10: 7 GB of ram usage with no with applications running

Discus and support 7 GB of ram usage with no with applications running in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My System • Windows 10 Home • 32GB ram • GTX 1050 ti GPU • MVNe m.2 system drive • 4 Sata drives 2-4tb • 6 USB drives 2-4tb System debloated and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AngeloDiBraccio, Jul 28, 2020.

1. 7 GB of ram usage with no with applications running

My System
    • Windows 10 Home
    • 32GB ram
    • GTX 1050 ti GPU
    • MVNe m.2 system drive
    • 4 Sata drives 2-4tb
    • 6 USB drives 2-4tb

System debloated and optimized for performance
    CPU near zero at idle.
    System is very responsive.

Question:
    7 GB of ram usage with no with applications running. Is that OK?

Thank You

:)

AngeloDiBraccio, Jul 28, 2020

2. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jul 28, 2020
  3. knute97 Win User
    Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Jul 28, 2020
  4. 7 GB of ram usage with no with applications running

Windows 10 RAM usage.

Hey, the other night I finally upgraded my computer from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10. When the system was running on Windows 7 I was able to run games and Davinci Resolve 16 with no stuttering. On idle the memory usage would sit around 1 GB of my 4 GB
    of system memory. As soon as I upgraded to Windows 10 I idle around 3 GB of ram and that instantly goes to max as soon as I open just one tab in Google Chrome. It's gotten to the point where the PC struggles to even open task manager. Are there any options
    for a lighter OS or a fix for this high system memory usage? SPECS: core I5-2400, GT 1030, 4 GB ram 1333hz, 256 GB hard drive and a 256 GB ssd.

Evankim727, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

7 GB of ram usage with no with applications running

1. 7 GB of ram usage with no with applications running - Similar Threads - ram usage applications

2. 8 gb ram laptop idle 60% ram usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8 gb ram laptop idle 60% ram usage: Subject: Complaint Regarding Excessive RAM Usage on Idle Laptop I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a concerning issue I have been facing with my Samsung book 2 . The problem pertains to the excessive RAM usage that I have observed even...
  3. 8 gb ram laptop idle 60% ram usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    8 gb ram laptop idle 60% ram usage: Subject: Complaint Regarding Excessive RAM Usage on Idle Laptop I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a concerning issue I have been facing with my Samsung book 2 . The problem pertains to the excessive RAM usage that I have observed even...
  4. High RAM usage with no applications, I have 8 GB of RAM and tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High RAM usage with no applications, I have 8 GB of RAM and tried almost everything: Hi, so I wanted to go back to Windows 10 but didn't know I could until after the 10 day period, and now I'm having problems with high RAM usage with literally nothing open, and I want to fix it so I can watch YouTube videos for school purposes without interruptions or having...
  5. High RAM usage with no applications, I have 8 GB of RAM and tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM usage with no applications, I have 8 GB of RAM and tried almost everything: Hi, so I wanted to go back to Windows 10 but didn't know I could until after the 10 day period, and now I'm having problems with high RAM usage with literally nothing open, and I want to fix it so I can watch YouTube videos for school purposes without interruptions or having...
  6. Win 10 not run on 4 GB ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 not run on 4 GB ram: I have win 10 pro which is run on 3 gb ram but when i update my ram to 4gb win 10 pro dose not open.BIOS shows 4GB memory but win 10 pro did not run WHy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-not-run-on-4-gb-ram/0dd28cd2-d01c-4db8-8a6e-de56e6e102cd
  7. Idle ram usage over 8 GB??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Idle ram usage over 8 GB??: My few months old HP omen 15 2020 with 16gb ram, i7 10750H and 2060 geforce rtx scared me a lot this morning. The keyboard felt little laggy like it was using lot of ram so I opened the omen center and found out that the laptop is using 8,16 gb ram with no programs open??...
  8. There is 2.4 GB of ghost RAM usage in my laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There is 2.4 GB of ghost RAM usage in my laptop.: Dear Everyone, There is a problem inside my new Hp Pavilion cc-15 132Tx laptop. It is always showing 2.4 GB of extra RAM getting consumed! In fact, I am an avid Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge user. I also play R2 Games Wartune and League of Angels on my...
  9. Computer 28 gb of ram usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer 28 gb of ram usage.: This happen when I installed windows 10. I never had in windows 8.1 ram usage of 28. Now with windows 10 after booting up computer I always have problems with RAM. In windows 8.1 my computer maximum used 16gb of ram when I was playing 2 games. In windows 10 - after boot,...
  10. High ram usage with nothing running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High ram usage with nothing running: I built a new pc a week ago and today it started lagging like crazy and i noticed insane ram usage at first it was 99% with nothing showing too big of a usage: here's the screenshot and then i restarted pc and i found a solution online that disabling ndu.sys in registry fixes...