Windows 10: 7 port USB 3 hub not working correctly

Discus and support 7 port USB 3 hub not working correctly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently aquired a 7 port USB 3 hub. It does not have any identifying marks, so I don't know who manufactured it. It works perfectly fine on a PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Calab, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Calab Win User

7 port USB 3 hub not working correctly

I recently aquired a 7 port USB 3 hub. It does not have any identifying marks, so I don't know who manufactured it. It works perfectly fine on a PC running Windows 7, but when connected to any of my Windows 10 PCs I get an unknown device under Universal Serial Bus controllers in the Device Manager. I tested the hub thoroughly on a Windows 7 PC and it always worked flawlessly and without errors. I then upgraded that PC to Windows 10 Pro and now see the errors mentioned below.

In the properties, the error is "The SuperSpeed link to the USB device keeps going to an error state Compliance. If the device is removable, remove the device and then disable/enable from device manager to recover." In the properties, the hardware ID shows up as "USB\PORT_LINK_COMPLIANCE_MODE"

Also, I see an unknown USB Device in the Device Manager with a Device Descriptor Request Failed message. The hardware ID on that item shows as "USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE"

The first 3 ports on the hub work, even when these errors are present, but the remaining four ports do not. I assume that internally, there is a second hub piggybacked to the first hub and it's this second hub that is not working.

System is running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388)

Does anyone know why this hub would work fine in Windows 7 but not Windows 10? How can I get it working?

:)

Calab, Jul 19, 2020

2. 7 Port High Speed USB 3.0 Hub

they were asking for this... https://geeks.com/collections/best-...h-speed-usb-3-0-hub-windows-mac-os-compatible so that they did not have to search the page for it. Common courtesy when listing a hot deal really.

sneekypeet, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Winuser Win User
    USB 3 Hub

This is my device manager with the USB 3 hub plugged into the front port. This problem only happens when I use the hub on the USB 3 ports in the back. If I plug the drive directly into the back ports they work.

7 port USB 3 hub not working correctly [​IMG]

Winuser, Jul 19, 2020
  4. foxslink Win User

USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

foxslink, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

1. 7 port USB 3 hub not working correctly - Similar Threads - port USB hub

2. 4-Port USB hub won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4-Port USB hub won't work: I have a Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Pro. On the 30th of September my son moved me from Wyoming to New Hampshire. Having just received my Gateway from Xfinity I set up my computer last night and for some reason the Micro Innovations 4-Port USB Hub that worked quite fine...
  3. 4-Port USB hub won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4-Port USB hub won't work: I have a Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Pro. On the 30th of September my son moved me from Wyoming to New Hampshire. Having just received my Gateway from Xfinity I set up my computer last night and for some reason the Micro Innovations 4-Port USB Hub that worked quite fine...
  4. USB hub - USB C port not working

USB hub - USB C port not working: I have plugged in USB hub onto USB C port of my Dell laptop with Windows 10. The hub has 1 ethernet port, 2 USBs and a USB C port. All ports work well except USB C.When I connected SSD using USB C - USB C cable, light is blinking in SSD but not getting detected.Using USB to...
  5. 7 port usb3 hub surface book 3

7 port usb3 hub surface book 3: Hi I purchased an Anker usb3 powered hub with 7 ports+3IQ but SB3 displays an error message stating it can only handle 5 ports... The hub has exactly 5 usb devices connected to it leaving 2 empty and only 3 are relayed and working while the other 2 devices won't connect....
  6. USB ports not working correctly

USB ports not working correctly: I am having issues with the USB ports on my HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 1809 My USB 3.0 external HDDs (various) either randomly disconnect, go into sleep mode after about 10 minutes or display a USB device not recognised notification when plugged in My USB 2.0 TV...
  7. USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working: Hi i own a asus g552vw laptop and got an USB-c, USB hub that has a HDMI port i have a Samsung TV using the laptops built in HDMI port as my main and my laptops screen as a second one. When i connect the USB hub and then use the HDMI port all i get on the lg TV is no signal...
  8. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  9. Anker (Aluminium) powered 7 port USB 3 Hub --Brilliant

Anker (Aluminium) powered 7 port USB 3 Hub --Brilliant: Hi folks some of these USB 3 hubs (powered) just don't seem "man enough" for theh job if you use a few of the ports with unpowered devices on them. I've got 4 X 3.7 GB passport external (self powered) drives attached to an unpowered port on a laptop -- temorarily using...
  10. USB 3 Hub

USB 3 Hub: I have a new computer and noticed that when using a powered USB 3 hub connected to the ports on the back my USB drive are not connecting. This happens with my HDD's and my SSD's. If I plug the drives in directly to the ports they work. I can use the ports on the front. Is...