Windows 10: 7 Start Menu - Clean, Simple Customized

Discus and support 7 Start Menu - Clean, Simple Customized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Still prefer this to seeing tile on my desktop screen. [img] 2008 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mousegolf, Oct 1, 2014.

1. mousegolf Win User

7 Start Menu - Clean, Simple Customized

Still prefer this to seeing tile on my desktop screen.

7 Start Menu - Clean, Simple Customized [​IMG]

:)

mousegolf, Oct 1, 2014
  2. MGLorenz Win User

I want to rollback from Window 10 to Windows 7 but can't because of "critical error" with start menu

I want to roll back to Windows 7 from Windows 10 before the brief opportunity to do so is gone. Supposedly, there is a simple way to do this via the Start menu. However, I get a critical error when clicking the Start menu. I cannot access the Start menu.
    Is there an alternative way to roll back to 7?

MGLorenz, Oct 1, 2014
  3. Windows 10 (Anniversary Update) - I'd like the old start menu back.

As far as updating, I've no mind, provided they make customization options to keep all their customers in mind. You like the large list, and I despise clutter - which a full list of applications every time I hit the start menu -is-, at least to me. There
    are so many options for the start menu, a simple toggle to not display 'all apps all the time' would go a long way here.

EthenCross, Oct 1, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

You can still make use of ClassicShell and get a look very similar to that.
    Check it out.

BunnyJ, Oct 1, 2014
  5. mousegolf Win User
    I installed W10 yesterday, played with it, found it "better" than W8 but don't see it replacing Windows 7 in both the residential and corporate world.

If someone's XP, Vista or 7 computer craps out on them and they need a new computer right away (in 2015), then walking into a retail store and buying a keyboard/mouse PC with Windows 10 on it will suffice. The people I advise will still be pointed to Windows 7 64bit (any version). *Cool

mousegolf, Oct 1, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    People tend to just use the OS that comes with the PC they purchase. Some will do and update but the most will not.
    Win7 is nice but I would point people at Win10.
    YMMV

Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Oct 1, 2014
  7. mousegolf Win User
    Not an option with a new OS. The whole idea is for Microsoft to stop clowning around with the Start Menu and adding tiles to what has been, and is still is, (with Windows 7) a "clean UI". No one should have to download a replacement for the standard Start Menu, it's just not how it should be. The OS should be self-sustaining. IMHO

mousegolf, Oct 1, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Ok... well if that's the way you want it, stay with Win7.
    No one is telling you to use Win10.
    Have a good day..
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 1, 2014
  9. mousegolf Win User
    I was not conversing directly to you, the idea is for the public to view my (and others') perspective and by doing so, accumulate factoids and concepts so they too can make an educated decision on what they will choose for their next OS. I have enjoyed the entire journey from W3.0, W95, W98, WM, W2000, WXP, WV and W7.

I personally do not agree on an "all platform" operating system. Granted, tiles make using a PDA much nicer but not for a person who sits in front of a monitor all day to be productive and move like lightening with a keyboard and mouse...and a super efficient GUI without added bells and whistles.

mousegolf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 7 Start Menu - Clean, Simple Customized - Similar Threads - Start Menu Clean

2. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  3. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  4. Customizing Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing Start Menu: [ATTACH] When I move or delete items in this folder^ the start menu doesn't change even when I reboot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/379fa108-dbbf-417e-a444-dfcdf48a0768
  5. Customizing Start Menu

Customizing Start Menu: When I try to edit start menu in Explorer it does let me make changes but my changes are not reflected on the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/0733cd6f-d942-4239-b4af-4d778204fb8e
  6. Customize Start Menu

Customize Start Menu: Greetings, Is it possible to customize the Start menu? Specifically, I want to move "Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader" to a custom folder. I was able to create an Adobe folder: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Normally, I can...
  7. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  8. Customizing the Start Menu

Customizing the Start Menu: Is there a way to customize the Start Menu so I can remove the ABC letters & also place shortcuts into folders? What I mean is this: In 7, after I install a program, I can R-click the Orb & select (If I remember correctly) Properties or Open Windows Explorer. Opening Windows...
  9. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Is there a way to put custom items here instead of a full list of programs in my PC? sort of winows 7 style? https://i.imgur.com/LVdbxwY.png 66926
  10. Customize start menu to look like win 7?

Customize start menu to look like win 7?: I just re-installed my computer and I can't remember the names of those third-part programs that you could use to change your start menu to look like win 7, the free ones. Can someone help me? *Smile 18614