Windows 10: 7-Zip Add to zip doesn't work

Discus and support 7-Zip Add to zip doesn't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 7-Zip, version 16.04 (64-bit). I can open an archive & drag files into it. However, when I press the green plus sign, I get a message that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phrab, Jul 14, 2020.

1. phrab Win User

7-Zip Add to zip doesn't work

I have 7-Zip, version 16.04 (64-bit). I can open an archive & drag files into it. However, when I press the green plus sign, I get a message that the operation is not supported. There must be some setting that controls this, but I can't find it. Here's the message I get:

7-Zip Add to zip doesn't work [​IMG]

I would appreciate any advice.

I think this post should be moved to the end of
    Make Open Archive the default for 7Zip
    because my default is 7z.exe & I see that @dalchina has 7zFM.exe as the default. Not sure how I did this.

:)

phrab, Jul 14, 2020

2. 7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Jul 14, 2020
  3. cdawall Win User
    7-zip benchmark compilation

Figured with someone benchmarks floating around this one would be interesting since quite a few people actually use 7-zip. I am also stealing newteckie's format for the thread so many thanks for him actually making a good layout.

What you are going to need:

7-Zip 9.30 beta: LINK

Rules:
    • Put Add Me+version run as the title of your post.
    • Include a screenshot of CPU-z (CPU and Memory tabs) and the 7-zip window with your results (all in the same screen shot).
    • Only 7-zip version 9.30 beta will be counted.
    Instructions
    • Start 7-zip
    • Select tools-> benchmark
    • Select Dictionary size: 192mb (>8GB RAM) or 64mb (<8GB RAM)
    • Allow it to run at least 4 passes and hit stop

7-Zip Add to zip doesn't work Capture040263.jpg

You will be left with that screen

Post your results in the following format:
    Name | Processor Maker | CPU Model and Clock | Total Rating (CPU USAGE) | Total Rating (Rating/Usage) | Total Rating (Rating) | 64-bit or 32-bit | Notes

cdawall, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Devon68 Win User

7 Zip or WinRAR?

7 zip is my choice. Winrar is not bad either but for little I use it for 7 zip does the job.

Devon68, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

1. 7-Zip Add to zip doesn't work - Similar Threads - Zip Add zip

2. 7-Zip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    7-Zip: If I delete the 7-Zip file, will that cause more space usage due to lack of compression? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/7-zip/6c2e0503-ac68-4f37-88ee-5136fa0426f2
  3. 7-Zip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7-Zip: If I delete the 7-Zip file, will that cause more space usage due to lack of compression? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/7-zip/6c2e0503-ac68-4f37-88ee-5136fa0426f2
  4. 7-Zip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. 7-zip will not extract a zipped file

7-zip will not extract a zipped file: Why wont 7-zip extract a zipped file I downloaded ? I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on a new Dell laptop (XPS 15 7590) 176156
  6. 7 Zip files

7 Zip files: When ever I try to download a 7-Zip file it goes to downloads, good so far. But when I gets there is always ends up being a 7-Zip setup, show in the picture below, this has been going on for the past month and I can't find a fix for it. I deleted and reinstalled countless...
  7. 7-Zip Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    7-Zip Help: There is a program called "7-Zip" which essentially makes things into the zip-files. I tried to make one in the program, was successful, but now it's not popping up in File Explorer. It says it exists in the 7-Zip program, but it isn't popping up. Any solutions? submitted by...
  8. 7-zip

7-zip: why am i unable to open 7-zip file extractor ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/7-zip/d13ab497-624f-4003-a9d2-971d643495d9"
  9. 7-zip

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    7-zip: Is it necessary to have 7-zip on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/7-zip/c3dfa225-3b56-49b8-a838-fc0627e997dc
  10. 7-Zip question thanks!

7-Zip question thanks!: Hi All, Just trying to get my head around 7-Zip. Can someone please tell me what the options below the 7-Zip are? I couldn't find out on their web site. CRC SHA etc???? Thanks!!! If it's obvious, please excuse my ignorance. [img] 65649