Windows 10: 7-Zip blocked - Can't install Zoom

Discus and support 7-Zip blocked - Can't install Zoom in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I'm currently experiencing an issue with installing Zoom onto a laptop that we provided.When going to install it gives the below prompt: "this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TR057, Nov 25, 2022.

1. TR057 Win User

7-Zip blocked - Can't install Zoom

Hello,I'm currently experiencing an issue with installing Zoom onto a laptop that we provided.When going to install it gives the below prompt: "this program is blocked by group policy".I have gone through and have not managed to find a single policy which would be blocking 7zip from installing zoom; I have also managed to use the same zoom.exe file to install zoom on another PC on the same domain. The same error pops-up when you install as admin, as well as local admin. Anyone got a clue?

:)

TR057, Nov 25, 2022
  2. pacmantoo Win User

Zoom reinstallation being blocked by Group Policy

Hi

I was running Zoom (v5.4 IIRC) on Win 10 Pro v 19041.985 and it wasn't updating automatically so I uninstalled it but cannot now reinstall. I've downloaded both the Zoom v5.9 and v5.10 (current) but get the message that Group Policy is blocking 7 - Zip (see attached). (I assume 7-Zip being used to compress the installation .exe). Now as far as I can see there is no local or domain group policy that blocks software.

I'm wondering if Zoom doesn't like the fact that my version of the OS is not current?

pacmantoo, Nov 25, 2022
  3. 7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Nov 25, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Zoom reinstallation being blocked by Group Policy

Welcome to Ten Forums.

Your downloads may well be marked as being 'blocked', almost all files you download from the internet will be. Check their properties and unblock them if necessary.

Unblock File in Windows 10

Thema:

1. 7-Zip blocked - Can't install Zoom - Similar Threads - Zip blocked Can't

2. 7-Zip blocked - Can't install Zoom

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    7-Zip blocked - Can't install Zoom: Hello,I'm currently experiencing an issue with installing Zoom onto a laptop that we provided.When going to install it gives the below prompt: "this program is blocked by group policy".I have gone through and have not managed to find a single policy which would be blocking...
  3. 7-Zip blocked - Can't install Zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7-Zip blocked - Can't install Zoom: Hello,I'm currently experiencing an issue with installing Zoom onto a laptop that we provided.When going to install it gives the below prompt: "this program is blocked by group policy".I have gone through and have not managed to find a single policy which would be blocking...
  4. 7-Zip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    7-Zip: If I delete the 7-Zip file, will that cause more space usage due to lack of compression? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/7-zip/6c2e0503-ac68-4f37-88ee-5136fa0426f2
  5. 7-Zip

7-Zip: If I delete the 7-Zip file, will that cause more space usage due to lack of compression? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/7-zip/6c2e0503-ac68-4f37-88ee-5136fa0426f2
  6. 7-Zip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Files keep opening with 7-Zip Installer

Files keep opening with 7-Zip Installer: I've downloaded a file folder and I've tried opening the files. When I open it, it keeps asking if I want an app 7z1900.exe from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. When I click Yes, it installs 7-Zip in another file, and the file I wanted to open does not...
  8. 7-zip will not extract a zipped file

7-zip will not extract a zipped file: Why wont 7-zip extract a zipped file I downloaded ? I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on a new Dell laptop (XPS 15 7590) 176156
  9. 7-zip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    7-zip: why am i unable to open 7-zip file extractor ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/7-zip/d13ab497-624f-4003-a9d2-971d643495d9"
  10. 7-zip

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    7-zip: Is it necessary to have 7-zip on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/7-zip/c3dfa225-3b56-49b8-a838-fc0627e997dc