Windows 10: 7 Zip files

Discus and support 7 Zip files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When ever I try to download a 7-Zip file it goes to downloads, good so far. But when I gets there is always ends up being a 7-Zip setup, show in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Etzzer, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Etzzer Win User

7 Zip files

When ever I try to download a 7-Zip file it goes to downloads, good so far. But when I gets there is always ends up being a 7-Zip setup, show in the picture below, this has been going on for the past month and I can't find a fix for it. I deleted and reinstalled countless times. Any idea how to fix this.

7 Zip files 4048dfaa-5b21-4eeb-8f80-64294a6ea9cc?upload=true.png Ignore the other stuff it's the Zip setups is all I get when trying to get download zip files

:)

Etzzer, Jan 16, 2021

2. 7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    .zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Aquinus Win User

7 Zip files

7-Zip CRC Error

He is using 7-Zip, not Zip. *Wtf :wtf:
    Agreed. Try checking out your SMART logs to see if your drive really is failing. CrystalDiskInfo does a pretty good job reading SMART through USB and RAID on Windows.

Aquinus, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

7 Zip files

1. 7 Zip files - Similar Threads - Zip files

2. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  3. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  4. Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing: Hi,I am downloading .zip files from a safe source, Slack. When I try to open the file it says Access Denied, and then short while later the file itself just disappears. First I also got a wacatac.b!ml Trojan warning, and resolved it using the answers provided in the thread:...
  5. Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing

Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing: Hi,I am downloading .zip files from a safe source, Slack. When I try to open the file it says Access Denied, and then short while later the file itself just disappears. First I also got a wacatac.b!ml Trojan warning, and resolved it using the answers provided in the thread:...
  6. Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files: Hi,I'm having occasional bluescreens for several months with different bluescreen codes like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY, etc. This usually happens when I'm using CPU/GPU intensive programs like 3D games...
  7. Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files

Occasional bluescreen and bluescreens on 7-zip compressing very particular files: Hi,I'm having occasional bluescreens for several months with different bluescreen codes like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY, etc. This usually happens when I'm using CPU/GPU intensive programs like 3D games...
  8. Zip files being created or modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip files being created or modified: Ok, so normally when I download a zip file, or even create one myself, it shows up as simply a ZIP file. I am then able to extract it by just right clicking and clicking extract, with no input from any other applications. Recently, however, whenever a ZIP file is created or...
  9. Zip files being created or modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zip files being created or modified: Ok, so normally when I download a zip file, or even create one myself, it shows up as simply a ZIP file. I am then able to extract it by just right clicking and clicking extract, with no input from any other applications. Recently, however, whenever a ZIP file is created or...
  10. Zip files being created or modified