Windows 10: 7-zip will not extract a zipped file

Discus and support 7-zip will not extract a zipped file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why wont 7-zip extract a zipped file I downloaded ? I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on a new Dell laptop (XPS 15 7590) 176156 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jkitc, Mar 18, 2021.

1. jkitc Win User

7-zip will not extract a zipped file

Why wont 7-zip extract a zipped file I downloaded ?
    I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on a new Dell laptop (XPS 15 7590)

:)

jkitc, Mar 18, 2021

2. 7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Mar 18, 2021
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Mar 18, 2021
  4. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

1. 7-zip will not extract a zipped file - Similar Threads - zip extract zipped

2. Can't Extract Zip Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Extract Zip Files: Hi, My .zip files can't be extracted. It seems like I can open the zip files and see what is in the folder but for some reason I can't open the documents or files.I've tried restarting the computer and it didn't help....
  3. Zip extraction error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zip extraction error: I have a zip file that gives me the following error.Now I and, and have, renamed the file so that it can be extracted, but I thought this sort of problem was a thing of the past, not something plaguing Microsoft's flagship OS. Here is a link to the file that gives this error....
  4. 7 Zip files

7 Zip files: When ever I try to download a 7-Zip file it goes to downloads, good so far. But when I gets there is always ends up being a 7-Zip setup, show in the picture below, this has been going on for the past month and I can't find a fix for it. I deleted and reinstalled countless...
  5. Extracting a zipped file

Extracting a zipped file: I have a zipped file and I'm trying to unzip it, but if I try to extract it, it says I need to copy a file to it. What shall I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extracting-a-zipped-file/b0ff20c4-c44b-48f5-a303-1e8a054275eb
  6. Extracting a zipped file

Extracting a zipped file: I have downloaded a shared file a video from my Google Drive but when I try to extract it into my downloads folder, I get the message 'The compressed zipped file C:\users etcetc is invalid'...
  7. Extracting ZIP files

Extracting ZIP files: I bought my Surface in the US, but I live in China. I try to download content for my Adobe products, but Windows cannot recognize the file type ZIP. The downloads are given a file type in Chinese. I suspect this is the reason. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Slow Extraction of .zip File

Slow Extraction of .zip File: Why is Windows 10 so slow in extracting a standard .zip file? It takes forever to unpack a simple ,zip file and seems to be much longer than previous versions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-extraction-of-zip-file/eb0d110b-b040-4e14-aa12-ad2d53622174"
  9. Help with extracting a zipped file!

Help with extracting a zipped file!: Because I had a folder downloaded on my PC. And when I was going to extract the zipped file downloaded, thru the file explorer, I'm surprised that the menu for extracting the files wouldn't highlight. So I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong. Here is the image: [ATTACH]...
  10. Extracting Zip Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Extracting Zip Files: Hi People, Newbie here. As the title suggests I am having a problem unzipping downloaded files on my HP Envy laptop. which has windows 10 version 1511 (build 10586.36) it appears to start the process but just hangs at 99% and will remain there for the rest of the day....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 7zip windows mobile