Windows 10: 7-zip

Discus and support 7-zip in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it necessary to have 7-zip on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/7-zip/c3dfa225-3b56-49b8-a838-fc0627e997dc Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DebbieLimerick, Jan 7, 2020.

1. 7-zip

Is it necessary to have 7-zip on my laptop?

:)

DebbieLimerick, Jan 7, 2020

2. 7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Jan 7, 2020
  3. cdawall Win User
    7-zip benchmark compilation

Figured with someone benchmarks floating around this one would be interesting since quite a few people actually use 7-zip. I am also stealing newteckie's format for the thread so many thanks for him actually making a good layout.

What you are going to need:

7-Zip 9.30 beta: LINK

Rules:
    • Put Add Me+version run as the title of your post.
    • Include a screenshot of CPU-z (CPU and Memory tabs) and the 7-zip window with your results (all in the same screen shot).
    • Only 7-zip version 9.30 beta will be counted.
    Instructions
    • Start 7-zip
    • Select tools-> benchmark
    • Select Dictionary size: 192mb (>8GB RAM) or 64mb (<8GB RAM)
    • Allow it to run at least 4 passes and hit stop

7-zip Capture040263.jpg

You will be left with that screen

Post your results in the following format:
    Name | Processor Maker | CPU Model and Clock | Total Rating (CPU USAGE) | Total Rating (Rating/Usage) | Total Rating (Rating) | 64-bit or 32-bit | Notes

cdawall, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Devon68 Win User

7-zip

7 Zip or WinRAR?

7 zip is my choice. Winrar is not bad either but for little I use it for 7 zip does the job.

Devon68, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

7-zip

1. 7-zip - Similar Threads - zip

2. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  3. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  4. Windows zip and unzip app download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows zip and unzip app download: Hi,My default windows zip and unzip app was accidentally uninstalled. How do I get that back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-zip-and-unzip-app-download/37a5238d-74c6-42fa-80c8-90f88dda7175
  5. Windows zip and unzip app download

Windows zip and unzip app download: Hi,My default windows zip and unzip app was accidentally uninstalled. How do I get that back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-zip-and-unzip-app-download/37a5238d-74c6-42fa-80c8-90f88dda7175
  6. Windows zip and unzip app download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. ZIP opening problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ZIP opening problem: Hello After opening ZIP files several times a day from Outlook or other email clients, at some point I can no longer view the contents of these ZIP files. Double-clicking doesn't do anything and when I try to extract the contents of the ZIP file, it's empty. My only solution...
  8. ZIP opening problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ZIP opening problem: Hello After opening ZIP files several times a day from Outlook or other email clients, at some point I can no longer view the contents of these ZIP files. Double-clicking doesn't do anything and when I try to extract the contents of the ZIP file, it's empty. My only solution...
  9. ZIP opening problem

10. Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing

Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing: Hi,I am downloading .zip files from a safe source, Slack. When I try to open the file it says Access Denied, and then short while later the file itself just disappears. First I also got a wacatac.b!ml Trojan warning, and resolved it using the answers provided in the thread:...