Windows 10: 7-Zip

Discus and support 7-Zip in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I delete the 7-Zip file, will that cause more space usage due to lack of compression?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kenschnauzers, Nov 23, 2022.

1. 7-Zip

If I delete the 7-Zip file, will that cause more space usage due to lack of compression?

:)

kenschnauzers, Nov 23, 2022

2. 7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Nov 23, 2022
  3. cdawall Win User
    7-zip benchmark compilation

Figured with someone benchmarks floating around this one would be interesting since quite a few people actually use 7-zip. I am also stealing newteckie's format for the thread so many thanks for him actually making a good layout.

What you are going to need:

7-Zip 9.30 beta: LINK

Rules:
    • Put Add Me+version run as the title of your post.
    • Include a screenshot of CPU-z (CPU and Memory tabs) and the 7-zip window with your results (all in the same screen shot).
    • Only 7-zip version 9.30 beta will be counted.
    Instructions
    • Start 7-zip
    • Select tools-> benchmark
    • Select Dictionary size: 192mb (>8GB RAM) or 64mb (<8GB RAM)
    • Allow it to run at least 4 passes and hit stop

7-Zip [​IMG]

You will be left with that screen

Post your results in the following format:
    Name | Processor Maker | CPU Model and Clock | Total Rating (CPU USAGE) | Total Rating (Rating/Usage) | Total Rating (Rating) | 64-bit or 32-bit | Notes

cdawall, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Devon68 Win User

7-Zip

7 Zip or WinRAR?

7 zip is my choice. Winrar is not bad either but for little I use it for 7 zip does the job.

Devon68, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

7-Zip

1. 7-Zip - Similar Threads - Zip

2. After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...: I've been transferring mp3 and flac audio files in zip file format from SD cards using a SD card reader, from the reader via USB to a hp PC that uses windows 10 . I'm using the Windows file explorer to create the folders for the zip file on the PC. But when I try to open the...
  3. After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...: I've been transferring mp3 and flac audio files in zip file format from SD cards using a SD card reader, from the reader via USB to a hp PC that uses windows 10 . I'm using the Windows file explorer to create the folders for the zip file on the PC. But when I try to open the...
  4. After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?: Hello AllRecently our FireEye NX solution caught some file downloads which were in .zip format and MS Defender updates. The zip files were password protected also. My question is "Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?" Kindly enlighten me.Thanks Muhammad Tahir...
  6. Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?: Hello AllRecently our FireEye NX solution caught some file downloads which were in .zip format and MS Defender updates. The zip files were password protected also. My question is "Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?" Kindly enlighten me.Thanks Muhammad Tahir...
  7. Are MS Defender updates coming in .zip format?

8. disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1

disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1: Cerco di disinstallare un file WinRAR ma non si disinstalla e risulta Errore 0x800700E1Cosa devo fare per rimuoverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disinstallare-un-file-zip-e-risulta-errore/5c176e86-3ae3-491c-8fab-212f35b9beb1
  9. disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1: Cerco di disinstallare un file WinRAR ma non si disinstalla e risulta Errore 0x800700E1Cosa devo fare per rimuoverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disinstallare-un-file-zip-e-risulta-errore/5c176e86-3ae3-491c-8fab-212f35b9beb1
  10. disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1

in Windows 10 Gaming