Windows 10: "77" Service Hosts in my Processes in Task Manager?! & numerous msedge.exe + svchost.exe in...

Discus and support "77" Service Hosts in my Processes in Task Manager?! & numerous msedge.exe + svchost.exe in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased a HP 15.6" Ryzen 5 8GB/256GB Laptop, about a week ago and am going through the files to see what is running in the background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LetteeEe, Jan 23, 2021.

1. LetteeEe Win User

"77" Service Hosts in my Processes in Task Manager?! & numerous msedge.exe + svchost.exe in...

Hi, I recently purchased a HP 15.6" Ryzen 5 8GB/256GB Laptop, about a week ago and am going through the files to see what is running in the background etc. I do these things to learn about files and such and to see if anything is not as it should be, by researching about it. Not to mention, I am trying to make sure my "new" laptop is Not refurbished or previously owned. It is Not looking too good and I am getting concerned. However, I can't seem to find out about a couple things and here are 2 of them I need some help with please. #1. I have "77" Service Hosts in the Processes of Task Manager. I only have 2 Windows open in my Microsoft Edge web browser, so I am really confused. Can you please explain why so many Service Hosts are running. 1 reason I see online is because of corruption, but I have not done anything new to the computer other than downloading 1 app that I have used on all my computers and laptops over the years, which I trust completely or I wouldn't let it near my computers. #2. I also am showing a bunch of msedge.exe in the Details of Task Manager and scvhost.exe in there as well. is this normal when, again, I literally only have 2 windows open? Windows open being 2 in my web browser and the other is task manager. Thank you in advance for your assistance and any information on these 2 questions.

:)

LetteeEe, Jan 23, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

OVER 160 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !

Have you got lots of Rundll32.exe or svchost.exe processes running, or both?

On a normal Windows 10 system, you should not have any Rundll32.exe processes running at all. Check your startup apps the see what is causing this:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together to open Task Manager, click on the Startup Tab and see if there are any entries that are starting under rundll32, if there are, disable them
    • Press WIndows + R keys together to open the run dialog, type msconfig and hit enter. Click on the services tab and check the box marked 'Hide all Microsoft Services'. Then scroll through the list of services looking for rundll32 entries, if you find any,
      uncheck them and reboot

With regards to svchost, i have noticed a huge increase in the number of these processes since the Creators Upgrade - I have 77 currently running on my system. They all are using 0% processor and HDD and on average about 1MB - 2MB, though this number does
    seem excessive . . .

DaveM121, Jan 23, 2021
  3. "77" Service Hosts in my Processes in Task Manager?! & numerous msedge.exe + svchost.exe in...

Jsssssssss, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

"77" Service Hosts in my Processes in Task Manager?! & numerous msedge.exe + svchost.exe in...

1. "77" Service Hosts in my Processes in Task Manager?! & numerous msedge.exe + svchost.exe in... - Similar Threads - Service Hosts Processes

2. msedge DLLs and .exe messing with whole system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msedge DLLs and .exe messing with whole system: Since yesterday I have a quite a big problem with Windows and Microsoft Apps entirely, Store is not opening, The Microsoft Edge website says it’s “temporarily down”, Half of this website is not loaded and a lot of errors come up on my screen saying stuff like:The procedure...
  3. msedge DLLs and .exe messing with whole system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msedge DLLs and .exe messing with whole system: Since yesterday I have a quite a big problem with Windows and Microsoft Apps entirely, Store is not opening, The Microsoft Edge website says it’s “temporarily down”, Half of this website is not loaded and a lot of errors come up on my screen saying stuff like:The procedure...
  4. msedge DLLs and .exe messing with whole system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Anti Malware Service Exe in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anti Malware Service Exe in Task Scheduler: Hi. While I'm browsing the Task Scheduler, I just noticed another file popping out. It's called "AntiMalwareSericeExe" but the word "Service" is misspelled as "Serice."I don't know if this is some kind of malware because it triggers every hour. here is an image:Is it a legit...
  6. 52a14 behind Service Hosts under Windows Processes in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    52a14 behind Service Hosts under Windows Processes in Task Manager: I am running Windows 10 Home version 21H1, OS build 19043.1237I was looking through Task Manager to see if there are any unfamiliar programs and I came across these.All of them are Service Hosts and here is a screenshot if it helps https://i.imgur.com/34IFH6n.png...
  7. Application Framework host .exe

Application Framework host .exe: I'm having some issues with certain apps crashing. Discord, Epic Games Launcher. Apps are glitchy. I have all my gpu drivers updated. When i run Dxdiag.exe it shows APPCRASH and application framework host .exe failing. I have a home built gaming pc. I got steam to run...
  8. OVER 20 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !

OVER 20 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !: There are so many RunDLL32.exe in task manager, which slows down the system and even startup and restarts take much time. Help me out. Below is the screen shot from Process Explorer. [ATTACH] Here is the screen shot of startup of task manager sorted using status....
  9. What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?

in Windows 10 News
    What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A lot of Windows users have doubts about whether the rundll32.exe process that they see in the Task Manager is a genuine process or a virus. The reason behind these inquiries is the paranoia created by fraud tech support companies [...] This post What is...
  10. Task manager or any system exe is not supported.

Task manager or any system exe is not supported.: Hi all, I have been facing this issue for a while, I cannot open task manager or run any application as an administrator. I tried searching a solution but it involved sfc scan on cmd as an administrator. Finally, I decided to reset my PC and start new. Just finished...