Windows 10: 77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file

Discus and support 77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file. Just bought the camera but have been shootig with a canon for 3 years and no problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by steve bancroft, Feb 8, 2019.

1. 77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file

77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file. Just bought the camera but have been shootig with a canon for 3 years and no problem

:)

steve bancroft, Feb 8, 2019
  2. LeaR1 Win User

Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10

Yes. I do know how to make sure I'm seeing thumbnails versus the list of file data, etc, and have confirmed that I had selected the correct view.

Please confirm if the Canon camera model 77D has been added to the list of compatible cameras (using CR2 file type) in Windows.

If it has not, please advise when we (I'm not alone in this) can expect it to be added. This camera is 3 years old.

Thank you.

LeaR1, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Thumbnail preview of raw .CR2 files in File Explorer missing

Found the culprit, yet don't have a solution...

till yesterday I could see CR2 thumbnails in Windows File Explorer. This morning I installed fast picture viewer trial, then I uninstalled it and after that windows file explorer is not able anylonger to display CR2 thumbnails. I installed again fast
    picture viewer trial and thumbnail came back.
    Uninstalled abd most of tbe thumbnails have disappeared.

GiovanniStoto, Feb 8, 2019
  4. LeaR1 Win User

77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file

Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10

I want to be able to identify RAW files by their thumbnails in Explorer (photo app, or whatever it's called in Windows 10). That has not worked in any version of Windows since I purchased the camera 3 years ago. I have a Canon 77D.

I have Bridge, Lightroom, and Photoshop. I know they will display them, but for my purposes the Windows folder explorer is easier to use.

Based on my research it seems that changing the camera model in the file data (EXIF ?) to something other than 77D fixes the issue. I'm not that tech savy.

That said, it does seem that Windows is just verifying the camera model is supported against some internal list it has in the bowels of it's programming.

Who do we have to pay to get the Canon 77D added to that list? I'm very frustrated. I just upgraded to Windows 10, and to see this is still an issue is quite disconcerting.

I do not want work arounds. I would like to know when Microsoft plans on addressing the issue.

LeaR1, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file

1. 77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file - Similar Threads - 77d thumbnail cr2

2. CR2 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CR2 files: My HP computer wont accept my CR2 files from my canon 5 camera now yet it worked a week ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cr2-files/642fec26-8db2-4fb0-829f-3f9d782b1830
  3. Not able to see thumbnails of pictures in file exploer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to see thumbnails of pictures in file exploer.: The file explorer doesn't show the thumbnails. I tried the fix that was suggested for all the others but the boxes were already unchecked and I'm still only seeing icons, not thumbnails. What to do?...
  4. Cr2 Files recovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cr2 Files recovery: Hi all. I'm having a problem with my CR2 files. To summarize my issue briefly, I went on a trip last year to Australia and took around 500 photos using a school camera. I then uploaded them from the camera to my student Onedrive account, on a school-owned computer. Since I...
  5. Canon cr2+cr3 files

Canon cr2+cr3 files: I can`t view my photos in window 10 as I only shoot raw files in camera to save space and convert to jpeg for posting on the web. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr2cr3-files/daec7058-3dc4-44b2-a7ab-07afa8ba0845
  6. Windows 10 new PC not showing CR2 thumbnails

Windows 10 new PC not showing CR2 thumbnails: I recently purchased a new PC. It does not display thumbnails for CR2 files at all but all other image files work normally. Checked all folder settings and they are correct. Tried to install Codec pack for 64 bit but it says not available for this version of Windows. I have...
  7. Why can I not see thumbnails in File Explorer

Why can I not see thumbnails in File Explorer: Why can I not see thumbnails in File Explorer?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-see-thumbnails-in-file-explorer/da120d4e-a8c5-4419-8d11-51b56a6c003c"
  8. cr2 files

cr2 files: Please help very frustrated. Can NOT view thumbnails shot in raw from a 77d camera. Been using a canon and CR2 files for 3 years and have not ever had a problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cr2-files/bc201e05-f1f1-4c80-9ade-9421c32fc382
  9. Canon CR2 files are not viewable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Canon CR2 files are not viewable.: I cannot view photos taken with a Canon 6D Mark 2. It has been out for a while. Downloaded codecs - no luck. Canon web site has no help also. (this also was a problem with Canon 70D last year.)...
  10. Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10

Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10: I want to be able to identify RAW files by their thumbnails in Explorer (photo app, or whatever it's called in Windows 10). That has not worked in any version of Windows since I purchased the camera 3 years ago. I have a Canon 77D. I have Bridge, Lightroom, and Photoshop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to see thumbnail for cr2

2. how to see cr2 thumbnails in windows 10

3. affinity photo support canon 77d raw files thumbnail