Windows 10: 8.1GB Reserved for hardware

Discus and support 8.1GB Reserved for hardware in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had this pc for about 7 months and never really checked my usable ram, but recently i wanted to play some games with a 16GB RAM requirement, so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SvenL, Jul 12, 2018.

1. SvenL Win User

8.1GB Reserved for hardware

I've had this pc for about 7 months and never really checked my usable ram, but recently i wanted to play some games with a 16GB RAM requirement, so i checked and saw that half of my installed RAM is reserved. Now i know it's normal for some ram to be reserved, but 8.1GB seems a bit excessive, so i was wondering what might be wrong?
    I'm running Windows 10 Pro, and here are some pics of taskmng and RAM info.
    8.1GB Reserved for hardware [​IMG]

Thanks alot in advance

:)

SvenL, Jul 12, 2018
  2. GPUCafe Win User
    GPUCafe, Jul 12, 2018
  3. 5.9 GB of 8 GB is listed as hardware reserved!?

My RAM is mem tested and all good. Running Windows 10. 5.9GB is listed as unusable, hardware reserved!!! How do I get it back? Should I want to? My system runs great; no errors. Still, I assume that 5.9 out of 8 GB is excessive.

note: the common "fix" to clear max mem box in msconfig does not work! Tried it. My bios has no memory configuration settings. Where did my RAM go? Anyone, please, have a solution that does work?

Eric Faust, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. 8.1GB Reserved for hardware - Similar Threads - 1GB Reserved hardware

2. Hardware Reserved ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware Reserved ISSUE: Can someone help me fix this Hardware reserved. I got 8.1gb hardware reserved on my x64bit windows. I don't know why this hardware reserved a lot of memory cuz I have graphics card and a x64bit windows. Help me fix this. May pc so slow after this reserved get a lot. Also may...
  3. Hardware Reserved ISSUE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware Reserved ISSUE: Can someone help me fix this Hardware reserved. I got 8.1gb hardware reserved on my x64bit windows. I don't know why this hardware reserved a lot of memory cuz I have graphics card and a x64bit windows. Help me fix this. May pc so slow after this reserved get a lot. Also may...
  4. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram: why my hardware reserved 2.0 GB ,how it decrease? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-reserved-20-gb-of-the-8-gb-ram/1d8f8c02-9ca3-4c1f-9fce-36123c120d46
  5. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram: why my hardware reserved 2.0 GB ,how it decrease? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-reserved-20-gb-of-the-8-gb-ram/1d8f8c02-9ca3-4c1f-9fce-36123c120d46
  6. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Hardware reserved memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware reserved memory: Hi - my 8GB of ram has been reduced down to 6GB because 2GB of it is hardware reserved. I've tried swapping the sticks around 2 sticks of 4GB DDR4-2666, I've tried Windows Memory Diagnostics, and even looked at the maximum memory option in msconfig. Both sticks of memory are...
  8. Hardware reserved memory!

Hardware reserved memory!: First I need o say that I use windows 10 Pro 64-bit, I have Ryzen 5 3500U and 8GB ramAsus ZenBook, UX431DA! I said all that information because I tried to do all from Flash my BIOS, Edit somethind in regedit or msconfig, and runned maintenance task! I have 8 gb ram 2x4 and...
  9. Hardware Reserved Memory

Hardware Reserved Memory: Hello everyone, my computer specs are as follows: AMD FX 8350 CPU ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard AMD Radeon R200 270X Gskill 2x8gb 1600hz RAM I have 64 bit Windows 10 pro OS I have the problem that makes half of my RAM 4.1 GB to be exact hardware reserved and cannot be...
  10. "hardware reserved" memory.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "hardware reserved" memory.: Recently booted up my pc after a bios reset (computer blue screened) and I noticed a lack in performance compare to my computer's normal speed. Looked in task manager and it is classing 8gb of my 16 that's installed as "hardware reserved". I'd like to know why this is, what I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hardware reserve 8.1 gb

2. hardware reserved 8.1gb

3. 8.1gb hardware reserved ram windows 10

4. 8gb reserved for hardware,
  5. reserved hardware went from 75mb to 8.1gb,
  6. hardware reserved 8.1gb ram,
  7. 8 1 gb reserved for hardware