Windows 10: 8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT

Discus and support 8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I wanted to install Windows 10 on my other computer and wanted the setup on my USB Drive, but on MCT it said you need atleast 16 GB of space to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DarkThirsty, May 28, 2023.

1. 8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT

So, I wanted to install Windows 10 on my other computer and wanted the setup on my USB Drive, but on MCT it said you need atleast 16 GB of space to literally download it to the USB, but because of that I deleted most of the unwanted stuff I didn't need and got it back upto about 16 gigs, then I ran the installation but I had to cancel the installation because my internet stopped working, but after I cancelled it the C: Drive showed that there was only about 13 GB left so I restarted my computer to see if that does anything but it made it worse now it says 9 GB is left in the drive but there's

:)

DarkThirsty, May 28, 2023
  2. TNHo Win User

Windows 10 storage 8 gb of "Other"

After reverting to a stable build of Windows 10, I decided to remove some temporary files.

After doing that, I find that the OS drive still takes more space than I remember it being before I installed a Windows Insider preview.

When looking at "storage", I find that there was 8.52 gb of "Other".

When looking at other, none of the folder sizes add up to 8 gb. How do I find what's taking 8 gbs of my storage?

3. rboppy Win User
    What's eating up my \C: drive?

That reduced System Volume Information to 662 KB, left $GetCurrent at 3.8 GB which is called media when clicking the little arrow. Storage sense or Disk cleanup gave no reference to $GetCurrent, and the [2 files] are pagefile.sys and swapfile.sys.

- - - Updated - - -

I will thank everyone and mark this thread as solved, I now have over 27 GB of free space on my C: drive, it must just slowly get down to size where Windows warned me with a red "flag" when viewing This PC.

rboppy, May 28, 2023
  4. 8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 28, 2023
Thema:

8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT

1. 8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT - Similar Threads - storage gone cancelling

2. C drive has 30 gb of unaccounted for storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive has 30 gb of unaccounted for storage: My C drive says it has 78.3 GB used but only about 60% of it is accounted for. When I downloaded treesize it said the same thing and was unable to locate where the other 30 gb of storage comes from. What gives?...
  3. C drive has 30 gb of unaccounted for storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive has 30 gb of unaccounted for storage: My C drive says it has 78.3 GB used but only about 60% of it is accounted for. When I downloaded treesize it said the same thing and was unable to locate where the other 30 gb of storage comes from. What gives?...
  4. C drive has 30 gb of unaccounted for storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT: So, I wanted to install Windows 10 on my other computer and wanted the setup on my USB Drive, but on MCT it said you need atleast 16 GB of space to literally download it to the USB, but because of that I deleted most of the unwanted stuff I didn't need and got it back upto...
  6. 8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT

8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT: So, I wanted to install Windows 10 on my other computer and wanted the setup on my USB Drive, but on MCT it said you need atleast 16 GB of space to literally download it to the USB, but because of that I deleted most of the unwanted stuff I didn't need and got it back upto...
  7. RAM speed getting reduced from 2666mhz to 2400mhz after upgrading from 8 GB to 16 GB

RAM speed getting reduced from 2666mhz to 2400mhz after upgrading from 8 GB to 16 GB: Hii have a dell inspiron 3880 with i5-10400 that allows RAM speed upto 2666mhzsince it was pre-built, the ram stick8 GB was 3200mhz despite the max speed allowed by the processor being 2666mhzAfter awhile I attached another stick because of performance issuesI thought the...
  8. GB storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GB storage: I have 128gb it says I used 91gb why cant I download something that runs off 7gb now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gb-storage/1159fe2f-854b-4f34-877d-69872a6a0c28
  9. 8 GB of free space needed on C:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    8 GB of free space needed on C:: I have a stream book that was given to me that I would really like to reset it back to its factory default however it will not allow me to reset it because it doesn’t have enough space I tried to put a USB into it to create a USB boot drive but the media creation tool stops...
  10. Windows 10 storage 8 gb of "Other"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 storage 8 gb of "Other": After reverting to a stable build of Windows 10, I decided to remove some temporary files. After doing that, I find that the OS drive still takes more space than I remember it being before I installed a Windows Insider preview. When looking at "storage", I find that there...