Windows 10: 80% cpu usage idle

Discus and support 80% cpu usage idle in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title... over an hour of wmi provided host taking 30% anti malware taking 30% and other windows processes taking 20. Causing pc to thermal throttle to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SmallPeensUNITE, Jun 14, 2020.

1. 80% cpu usage idle

Title... over an hour of wmi provided host taking 30% anti malware taking 30% and other windows processes taking 20. Causing pc to thermal throttle to 83 celicus this is after the windows 10 June 9th update.

submitted by /u/SmallPeensUNITE
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SmallPeensUNITE, Jun 14, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Constant 100% Disk Usage, 60-80% CPU usage. Both happen when idle.

Could you also provide a snapshot of Resource Monitor with selected Disk Activity Tab and checked only System:

i would also suggest running checkdisk and sfc /scannow

80% cpu usage idle [​IMG]

AndreTen, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Constant 100% Disk Usage, 60-80% CPU usage. Both happen when idle.

in Task Manager sort by CPU usage and see what apps are responsible.

PolarNettles, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Abracalyn Win User

80% cpu usage idle

Constant 100% Disk Usage, 60-80% CPU usage. Both happen when idle.

The processes using the most CPU and Disk are shown here.

Abracalyn, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

80% cpu usage idle

1. 80% cpu usage idle - Similar Threads - 80% cpu usage

2. Explorer.exe 80% cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe 80% cpu usage: This problem now spans across 2 different computers one brand new. My last computer running windows 10 started getting 80 percent cpu usage spike when I did anything involving saving, moving or deleting files. It occurs worse the more file explorer windows are open. That has...
  3. Explorer.exe 80% cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe 80% cpu usage: This problem now spans across 2 different computers one brand new. My last computer running windows 10 started getting 80 percent cpu usage spike when I did anything involving saving, moving or deleting files. It occurs worse the more file explorer windows are open. That has...
  4. High cpu usage while idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High cpu usage while idle.: So for a while, I have been noticing that my CPU usage has been extremely high while idle. I have tried using commands such as DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth andsfc /scannow, and have also tried a malware scan on multiple antiviruses Avast, Malwarebytes, Windows...
  5. 80-90% Ram usage on startup/idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    80-90% Ram usage on startup/idle: My ram usage used to be from 30-40% on startup and idle all the way to the 80-90% range almost out of nowhere. I have 8 GB of ram. No programs on Task Manager show any high ram usage and this is seriously making me consider just nuking the whole OS and starting clean if I...
  6. Idle RAM Usage reaches 80%

Idle RAM Usage reaches 80%: When I cold boot my laptop, everything is well and fine. A smooth functioning laptop with 10-15% idle RAM usage. But on having used it for around half a day while frequently letting it sleep. The idle ram usage turns up to 80% for no reason at all! I thought it was the sleep...
  7. Cpu usage spikes on idle ? Is that normal

Cpu usage spikes on idle ? Is that normal: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jsschrist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emcky9/cpu_usage_spikes_on_idle_is_that_normal/
  8. Constant 100% Disk Usage, 60-80% CPU usage. Both happen when idle.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant 100% Disk Usage, 60-80% CPU usage. Both happen when idle.: So on Saturday of last week my PC started to run slow. I open up task manager to check what was going on and I am greeted with it showing me that I have very high CPU usage, and constant capped-out disk usage. Over the course of the past few days I have reinstalled Windows...
  9. CPU usage when PC is idle

CPU usage when PC is idle: This is not an issue but more a curiosity. I have the old Windows cup / ram monitor running as a gadget on Windows 10. When the PC is idle for a few minutes I notice the cup usage always spikes to around 10-13% and stays around that mark. As soon as I touch mouse and move it...
  10. High CPU Usage at Idle

High CPU Usage at Idle: Hey guys, recently my W10 PC seems to be using a fair bit of CPU. I noticed this because my Battlefield 1 fps appeared to have dropped. First thing I did was roll back my nvidia drivers to the previous version, but then I noticed my cpu usage. I seem to be using 35-45% cpu...