Windows 10: 80% Memory usage after power on but normal 20% on reboot

Discus and support 80% Memory usage after power on but normal 20% on reboot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I turn my desktop off every night before heading to bed. The next day, either in the morning or after work in the evening when I power it back on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by steen15, May 7, 2016.

1. steen15 Win User

80% Memory usage after power on but normal 20% on reboot

I turn my desktop off every night before heading to bed. The next day, either in the morning or after work in the evening when I power it back on my memory usage stays spiked and 80% and continues to climb until everything locks up. It almost feels like a memory leak. But if I power on, then once everything boots up, I just do a re-boot, once its back up my memory is down around 20% usage and I don't have an issue. I can't see it being anything in startup or hidden processes because if it was, the high memory usage should be the same then for the reboot as the cold powerup. As well, all drivers are up to date.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

steen15, May 7, 2016
  2. User787 Win User

Slow keyboard response and lag after N9 update

Installed now Resource monitor. CPU usage is light, not much load for it but system memory show me only 20 MB free, used 965 MB. Used for what ? Only app after reboot is Resource monitor running.

User787, May 7, 2016
  3. Runtime Broker uses CPU and Memory when the Windows Store Facebook app is run

I've got a fully patched Win10 system running on a SP4. Normally, the runtime broker process is quiet and uses about 20-30 MB of RAM. Just recently I noticed that it was using much more - up to 2 GB of ram.

To fix it, at first, I would just kill it. It would come back, and my windows store apps seemed to work fine. But eventually I noticed a problem. The increase in memory usage would happen after I started the windows store app, Facebook. It would climb from
    20 MB of usage to 1.2 GB of usage in 10 or 20 seconds. Normally, when I kill FB, the memory goes away. However, there have been times when the system has killed it or it has crashed - and in those cases it seems like the memory is never returned by Runtime
    broker.

Am I correct in assuming this is a problem with Facebook or Windows and not something I've got badly configured in my system?

GordonTWatts, May 7, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Which process is filling the memory? Next time you boot up, make a screenshot of your processes, so we can make better picture of what is going on.

And welcome to Tenforums!

Edit: like this:

AndreTen, May 7, 2016
Thema:

1. 80% Memory usage after power on but normal 20% on reboot - Similar Threads - 80% Memory usage

2. Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage: So windows explorer was using about 80-85% memory, I had a look around here but I didn't find anything particularly helpful. However I restart the process from Task Manager and then it dropped to normal. Will restart computer to see if it persists did not think about it...
  3. Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer 80-85% memory usage: So windows explorer was using about 80-85% memory, I had a look around here but I didn't find anything particularly helpful. However I restart the process from Task Manager and then it dropped to normal. Will restart computer to see if it persists did not think about it...
  4. Is this memory usage normal for my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this memory usage normal for my pc?: my dad brought a laptop of his friend to me recently and i was asked to remove a trojan in it. When i opened the laptop, it was connected to the same network that my pc is in, the one im currently writing in. I know it sounds stupid but i got a little paranoid, and i wanted...
  5. Is this memory usage normal for my pc?

Is this memory usage normal for my pc?: my dad brought a laptop of his friend to me recently and i was asked to remove a trojan in it. When i opened the laptop, it was connected to the same network that my pc is in, the one im currently writing in. I know it sounds stupid but i got a little paranoid, and i wanted...
  6. Gpu usage 20-40% Integrated graphics 80-60%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gpu usage 20-40% Integrated graphics 80-60%: Hello everyone i recently bought this new laptop looking for an upgrade, but since the beginning i've been having graphics issues.Lots of Stuttering, lag and low FPS.I finally checked what was happening and the IGPU keeps kicking in once every little moment and thats when i...
  7. Gpu usage 20-40% Integrated graphics 80-60%

Gpu usage 20-40% Integrated graphics 80-60%: Hello everyone i recently bought this new laptop looking for an upgrade, but since the beginning i've been having graphics issues.Lots of Stuttering, lag and low FPS.I finally checked what was happening and the IGPU keeps kicking in once every little moment and thats when i...
  8. Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97%

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97%: Now i'm using windows 10 but I had this problem also when using windows 8.1pro. The windows 81.pro I have the original dvd here and I tried few times to make clean install. Also windows 10 I got it free online and the same problem. For example now i'm using Edge I have...
  9. Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"?: My CPU usage is going unstable and is going all over the place when I open programs like firefox. It can go up to 60% when I do something simple like play a video. On the other hand, my memory is always at 40%+ and this is actually stable Here is a pic. [img] The...
  10. Memory usage being up at 80 -100% (Help)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory usage being up at 80 -100% (Help): Hi. A couple of days after Windows 10 was released i upgraded from previous Windows 8.1. I had a problem with windows 8/8.1 with my Disk usage always going up to 100%, this problem carried over to windows 10 luckily so did the easy fix for it. (For me disabling Background...