Windows 10: 802.11n usb network device not available on boot

Discus and support 802.11n usb network device not available on boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an 802.11n network device that was always available on boot in windows 10 until lately. I have not changed anything other than doing updates. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RiffRaffCOD, Mar 7, 2020.

1. 802.11n usb network device not available on boot

I have an 802.11n network device that was always available on boot in windows 10 until lately. I have not changed anything other than doing updates. It says I have the latest driver and power management "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked.

Power options are High performance and Wirless adapter settings are set to maximum performance for power saving mode.

If I reboot or remove the usb device and plug it back in it works every time. Just on initial cold boot up it no longer works. Any idea kind people ? Thanks !!

submitted by /u/RiffRaffCOD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RiffRaffCOD, Mar 7, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 7, 2020
  3. WindowsOS Win User
    This app can't run on this PC - Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter Wireless... doesnt work on this verion of Windows

Try the one from the Broadcom website listed for Windows 10. You may have to restart your computer after installation for it to take effect.

Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter Windows 10 - Wireless Drivers

WindowsOS, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

802.11n usb network device not available on boot

Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

See sys specs... ASUS ROG x38 motherboard, flashed to x48 Rampage.

In BIOS under "Boot Device Priority", I select and of the 3 boot device slots, and no where do I find an option for USB, these are the only options in each:

• 1st floopy drive
    • HDD: P0-WDC WD2500KS
    • ATAPI CD-ROM
    • Disabled
    Is there a place in the BIOS to enable boot from USB?

It's AMI, says v02.61 on the BIOS screen

Sasqui, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

802.11n usb network device not available on boot

1. 802.11n usb network device not available on boot - Similar Threads - 802 11n usb

2. No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot: Dell Inspiron 3646, Service Tag 5QKB822, Desktop PC, Windows 10Original problem during update “undoing changes...”; followed by “Auto Repair...” endless loops, then Black SOD, no cursor and now”“No Boot Device AvailableSATA 0: InstalledSATA 1: InstalledStrike the F1 key to...
  3. No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot: Dell Inspiron 3646, Service Tag 5QKB822, Desktop PC, Windows 10Original problem during update “undoing changes...”; followed by “Auto Repair...” endless loops, then Black SOD, no cursor and now”“No Boot Device AvailableSATA 0: InstalledSATA 1: InstalledStrike the F1 key to...
  4. No boot device available -- unable to scroll down to select USB boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Device not showing available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device not showing available networks: When i bought my computer everything was fine but after a while it stopped showing the available networks. Looked at every single thing I could imagine still can't find the problem what should I do?...
  6. NO BOOT DEVICE AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Customization
    NO BOOT DEVICE AVAILABLE: All the files in my desktop, updated some time ago with Windows10 Pro, got corrupted recently. This might have happened, on my Dell Desktop, after Windows 10 update, version 20H2 as I started getting a consistent message on my computer; like “no boot device available Dell”....
  7. No boot device available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No boot device available: Windows 10 is s suddenly going to black screen and showing "no boot device available" please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-boot-device-available/b0b93e64-327e-437a-b34d-8b7c4bb6e41c
  8. no boot device available

no boot device available: no boot device found I have tried all instruction from the internet f 1 2 and 12 keys and nothing work s anyone know what is the solution or problem...
  9. No boot device available

No boot device available: Whilst starting up, Dell logo appears. After a while a black screen comes up saying: no boot device found. Please help.*Shock 43925
  10. No boot device available

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot device available: My girlfriend's desktop computer has broken down and gives me the message "No boot device available". Before that screen it shows me something about RAID volumes which I don't fully understand. It's a Dell Dimension something, at least 5 years old. I tried resetting defaults...