Windows 10: 802.11x RADIUS wifi via NPS

Discus and support 802.11x RADIUS wifi via NPS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have wifi set up using 802.11x WPA2-Enterprise using Windows Network Policy Server to authenticate wireless clients via RADIUS.Laptops can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChrisMartens, May 24, 2022.

1. 802.11x RADIUS wifi via NPS

Hi,I have wifi set up using 802.11x WPA2-Enterprise using Windows Network Policy Server to authenticate wireless clients via RADIUS.Laptops can only connect to the wireless AFTER they have logged in, and all is working perfectly. However, Attempting to connect to the wireless PRIOR to user logon results in an immediate "Cannot connect to this network" The wireless security is set for "User or computer authentication"Ideally, I would like for the laptops to automatically connect to the 802.11x wifi immediately on startup, and prior to the user logging in. What am I missing?

:)

ChrisMartens, May 24, 2022
  2. allw Win User

Windows NPS and Eduroam Radius Profile For Aruba/Unifi Troubleshoot

We are setting up a new WiFi network at work (a school) that uses an ancient aruba controller (with aruba 105 APs) following the principles of eduroam listed here and
    the radius server is windows NPS again following the docs here.

Initially I copied the existing config we have got for our current wifi to no avail. The current network still works fine but no one can remember the details (and it is not in keeping with the BYOD route we
    are going down).

I have consistently been getting an error message of "authentication failed due to user credentials mismatch" (error 16 Event 6273) which most people have suggested through various forums means that the APs
    shared secret does not match - I have checked this more than once it does! Additionally I have checked the obvious account user/pass out and again it is correct.

In order to try and diagnose the problem further I brought in some of my unifi gear from home and spun up a completely fresh DC/CA/NPS server in a test environment. Same error but this time I have also installed
    wireshark.

If I "accept users without validating credentials" in the CRP then NPS returns a access-accept response, but the client still is unable to connect to the network (client reports dot1X timeout followed by operation
    was cancelled/server reports success) - this leads me to think it is something wrong client side?

Then if I switch the CRP to authenticate on this server (client reports explicit eap failure recieved followed by network is not available/Server sends an string of access-request/challenge immediately before
    access-reject) presumably this means that it is waiting for correct verification from the client?

CRP settings are:

• Conditions
    1. NAS port Type - Wireless Other or 802.11
    2. Username - .+@schooldomain\.org\.uk$
    • Settings
    1. Authentication Provider - Local Computer
    2. Manipulation attribute rules - Replace "@schooldomain\.org\.uk$" with "@schooldomain.local"
    3. Target - User Name
    4. Override Auth - Disabled
    Network Policy settings are:

• Conditions
    1. NAS Port Type - Wireless
    2. User Groups - SchoolDomain\Eduroam
    • Settings
    1. EAP Config - Configured (PEAP with secured password EAP-MS-CHAPv2)
    2. Ignore Dial-In Properties
    3. Grant Access
    4. Client is supplied an IP
    5. Tunnel Medium 802/Type VLAN/Tunnel-ID 66
    6. Encryption Enabled
    So I have been battling with this for several weeks now and banging my head against a wall would be more productive...

Anyone got any pointers?

3. How to configure radius for DHCP Server in windows server 2012?

I am trying to configure radius with dhcp.Already installed a dhcp server in windows server 2012. Does dhcp is required to be authorized .For now,it is not authorized.Also,installed NPS role in another server 2012. How to configure radius for dhcp?

Please guide with the detailed steps.

DollyKriti, May 24, 2022
  4. efes---01 Win User

802.11x RADIUS wifi via NPS

Belle & Anna Radius Negotiation (NPS>PEAP)

It seems its becoming a habit for me to solve my own posts..

The actual result came from a Nokia engineer, which solved the problem completely.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee942815(v=VS.85)

• On the NPS server start regedit.exe
    • goto HKLM>System>CurrentControlSet>Services>Rasman>PPP>EAP>25
    • Add DREG value BypassNegotiation
    • Set the value 0 to 1.
    • Restart the NPS Server Service
    SOLVED.

efes---01, May 24, 2022
Thema:

802.11x RADIUS wifi via NPS

1. 802.11x RADIUS wifi via NPS - Similar Threads - 802 11x RADIUS

2. Windows 11 forgets RADIUS WIFI Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 forgets RADIUS WIFI Credentials: We have a number of Windows 11 notebooks in our family. All updated to the latest version of WinPro. And all suffer the same problem. Every once in a while, these devices forget the RADIUS credentials. Whats even more annoying is that a reboot does not help. Once forgotten,...
  3. windows RADIUS 2022 NPS server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows RADIUS 2022 NPS server: I have recently installed windows 2022 radius server and will need to understand about certificate and cisco switch configuration to authenticate and activate aaa.Could you please provide me step by step process to configure cisco switch and certificate? ?...
  4. windows RADIUS 2022 NPS server

windows RADIUS 2022 NPS server: I have recently installed windows 2022 radius server and will need to understand about certificate and cisco switch configuration to authenticate and activate aaa.Could you please provide me step by step process to configure cisco switch and certificate? ?...
  5. NPS Radius down after latest update KB5018411

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NPS Radius down after latest update KB5018411: 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 for x64-based Systems KB5018411I had to uninstall this update to get my two 2016 Windows Servers running Radius to process clients again. One thing I noticed is that the security certificates in the Personal Store vanished but...
  6. NPS Radius down after latest update KB5018411

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NPS Radius down after latest update KB5018411: 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 for x64-based Systems KB5018411I had to uninstall this update to get my two 2016 Windows Servers running Radius to process clients again. One thing I noticed is that the security certificates in the Personal Store vanished but...
  7. NPS Radius down after latest update KB5018411

8. 802.11x RADIUS wifi via NPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    802.11x RADIUS wifi via NPS: Hi,I have wifi set up using 802.11x WPA2-Enterprise using Windows Network Policy Server to authenticate wireless clients via RADIUS.Laptops can only connect to the wireless AFTER they have logged in, and all is working perfectly. However, Attempting to connect to the wireless...
  9. 802.11x RADIUS wifi via NPS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    802.11x RADIUS wifi via NPS: Hi,I have wifi set up using 802.11x WPA2-Enterprise using Windows Network Policy Server to authenticate wireless clients via RADIUS.Laptops can only connect to the wireless AFTER they have logged in, and all is working perfectly. However, Attempting to connect to the wireless...
  10. Windows NPS and Eduroam Radius Profile For Aruba/Unifi Troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows NPS and Eduroam Radius Profile For Aruba/Unifi Troubleshoot: We are setting up a new WiFi network at work a school that uses an ancient aruba controller with aruba 105 APs following the principles of eduroam listed here and the radius server is windows NPS again following the docs here. Initially I copied the existing config we have...