Windows 10: 802.1X authentication fails after connecting to a network in Windows 10

Discus and support 802.1X authentication fails after connecting to a network in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am encountering a problem with Windows 10 1607 LTSC version andI found a similar case as reference in the following link:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David#&, Mar 22, 2019.

1. David#& Win User

802.1X authentication fails after connecting to a network in Windows 10

I am encountering a problem with Windows 10 1607 LTSC version andI found a similar case as reference in the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2736878/802-1x-authentication-fails-after-you-connect-a-computer-to-a-network

I am able to reconnect to the network by restarting the Wired AutoConfig service.

Is there any solution for this situation in Windows 10?

Thank you so much.

:)

David#&, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Mar 22, 2019
  4. 802.1X authentication fails after connecting to a network in Windows 10

Wireless network will not authenticate after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Syed,

I am afraid that did not help. The PC connected without problem to all wireless networks prior to the upgrade to Windows 10 (from Windows 8.1). The PC and all wireless access points have been restarted multiple times in my attempts to get the PC to connect.
    The PC can see all of the wireless networks without an issue, it just fails to authenticate with any of them. All other devices connect and authenticate to those networks without an issue (including Windows 7 laptops). The issue is not specific to one single
    wireless network, it is the same for the 3 wireless networks I have available to try to connect to.

Are you able to provide anything more than generic advice on what the problem may be? Just to clarify:

• The PC has been restarted multiple times
    • All wireless access points have been switched off for at least 30 seconds and then restarted
    • All Windows updates have been applied
    • I have uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless network adaptor in the Device Manager
    • I have run the network troubleshooter
    • Device Manager reports that I have the latest driver available for the wireless adapter
    • I have installed all of the device driver updates available from Lenovo for Windows 10

AndrewGallop, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

802.1X authentication fails after connecting to a network in Windows 10

1. 802.1X authentication fails after connecting to a network in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - 802 authentication fails

2. Event ID 802: RD Connection Broker failed to process

in Windows 10 News
    Event ID 802: RD Connection Broker failed to process: [IMG]After setting up Remote Desktop Quick Start, when some Windows users tried to RDP to the RD Server, they received an error stating that Can’t connect to the remote computer. After probing about the error in Event Viewer, they see Event ID 802: RD Connection Broker failed...
  3. Failed to connect to the server, Not Authenticated with Minecraft.net

in Windows 10 News
    Failed to connect to the server, Not Authenticated with Minecraft.net: [ATTACH]Here is a guide on how to fix the ‘Not Authenticated with Minecraft.net’ error on Minecraft. Minecraft is a popular video gaming series developed and published by Mojang Studios and Xbox Game Studios. While it offers a great gaming experience, you might also run down...
  4. Windows 10 failed authentication

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 failed authentication: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 w Nvidia gpu and i7 cpu. After I shut down my laptop last night, I boot it up this morning to find that my usual password is not accepted In the startup login menu. It is the same password I have used every time. Upon further analysis,...
  5. Xbox One controller will connect 1x and 1x only over BT?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One controller will connect 1x and 1x only over BT?: Oh man, this has me going crazy. Long has the problem existed that if you connect via usb, you have to remove your controller and re-pair it via BT when your done charging. I accepted that more or less. (even just found a workaround of sorts) however somewhere in between,...
  6. Connection to network failed after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection to network failed after Windows 10 update: Internet was working okay. Windows 10 updated. Now no internet connection. The network adapters all say they are working properly. I have downloaded the latest driver using another Computer but this has not solved the problem. Looking in the 'Events' tab there is a message:...
  7. Windows 10 password authentication fails when connected to the VPN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 password authentication fails when connected to the VPN: We have been experiencing a weird issue for the past couple of weeks. When CISCO any connect is connected you cannot unlock the computer if it locks. I found this thread describing exactly the same symptoms....
  8. Failed to connected to Cellular network in Windows 10

Failed to connected to Cellular network in Windows 10: Tried to connect the laptop computer to the cellular network by inserting the SIM card to the computer, the card is detected and the DCS IP V4 is not found. Checked in the web there might be missing of modem setting inside the computer? Is there any way to install the...
  9. Windows 10 won't connect to SMB.1x share

Windows 10 won't connect to SMB.1x share: Installing Windows 10 BUT was told that it will not connect to SMB1.x Share which i have running on one of my servers. Can i configure it to make this work on Windows 10 - I am looking to install win 10 image on several computers next week - need this issue fixed or will have...
  10. Network connection fails after windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network connection fails after windows 10 updates: I keep having issues with windows 10 updates, the updates seem to go on ok but after restarting it just keeps saying please wait and nothing happens, the only way I can log on is to unplug the network cable and then it will let me log into the pc, after reconnecting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 802.1x authentication failed windows 10

2. windows 10 1809 802.1x not connecting

3. 802.1x authentication failes after upgrading to windows 10 1809