Windows 10: 802.1X environment problems with authentication after 1903 update

Discus and support 802.1X environment problems with authentication after 1903 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the 1903 update i have been experiencing authentication problems with some windows 10 machines in our network. Are there any more information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Kour, Aug 28, 2019.

1. John Kour Win User

802.1X environment problems with authentication after 1903 update

Since the 1903 update i have been experiencing authentication problems with some windows 10 machines in our network. Are there any more information about this issue than what was suggested here?

:)

John Kour, Aug 28, 2019
  2. MJLONGLEY Win User

Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Aug 28, 2019
  3. David#& Win User
    802.1X authentication fails after connecting to a network in Windows 10

I am encountering a problem with Windows 10 1607 LTSC version andI found a similar case as reference in the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ils-after-you-connect-a-computer-to-a-network

I am able to reconnect to the network by restarting the Wired AutoConfig service.

Is there any solution for this situation in Windows 10?

Thank you so much.

David#&, Aug 28, 2019
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

Thema:

1. 802.1X environment problems with authentication after 1903 update - Similar Threads - 802 environment problems

2. The environment problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The environment problem: when input "shutdown /r /fw" in powershell as an administratorit displays “The system could not find the environment option that was entered.203” so how to resolve the problemthx....
  3. Problems dual booting 2x Win10 & even 1x Win7 1x Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems dual booting 2x Win10 & even 1x Win7 1x Win10: I'm no pro by the way guys so go easy :) So for 10 years or so i have had 2 Windows 7 installs on a dual boot / multi boot and before that the same with XP. To save time we'll not get in to the whys and why nots. I appreciate it's not the usual dual boot setup, you usually...
  4. Problems With Smartcard Readers after updating to 1903

Problems With Smartcard Readers after updating to 1903: I use some smartcards in my Pc but after the 1903 update in windows 10 not even one smart card reader are showing up in the management software that my smart card uses, the driver shows up in driver manager and the scardsvr service it is running. Some one have a advise or i...
  5. Problems after 1903 Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems after 1903 Windows 10 Update: Hello, I have noticed two issuess after Windows 10 update from 29.08.2019. First is - I cant click on folders and files with mouses right button, cause the system gets stuck. The second is - I have icons of my computer and my documents on a taskbar, but clicking on them...
  6. Problems after updating to Build 1903

Problems after updating to Build 1903: I updated my HP laptop to build 1903 on 7/12. I started 7/10 and finally got it to take two in a couple of days. It worked fine. On Friday, I restarted the computer and got a "preparing windows" message. I lost every setting I had except windows password and pin....
  7. Hibernate problem after update to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate problem after update to 1903: I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro version 1903 running on a Dell Inspiron with SSD and HDD. Windows runs on the SSD. Ever since the update when I try to put the computer in Sleep (Hibernate) mode, it wakes up a few minutes later with no keystrokes, no mouse activity, and...
  8. USB Problem after 1903 update

USB Problem after 1903 update: Seemingly my 1093 update went through OK, maybe before the block was put on for USB connected items. I now have problems which appear related to USB. Adobe Lightroom appears to function perfectly until I attempt to import new image(s). It then hangs, even before the...
  9. Problem after the last update for 1903

Problem after the last update for 1903: Used recovery after problems after the last update for Windows 1903. I now have a laptop that opens items I have not clicked on, takes at least 4 clicks to select a box on a page and even then will uncheck it. It is almost impossible to move an item or scroll a page. The...
  10. Problems after Windows 1903 update

Problems after Windows 1903 update: I have had a number of problems since the Windows 10 1903 update: 1. Audio problems - sometimes there is no sound when I try to listen to a video or similar. 2. I often can't watch videos. 3. The Night Light option no longer works. These are the problems that I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 802.1x unidentified network

2. 802.1x not working on windows 10

3. configure 802.1x windows 10 1903

4. 1809 802.1x password incorrect,
  5. 1903 802.1x,
  6. 802.1x issue windows 10 1903,
  7. 802.1x not working on 1809 build,
  8. 802.1x john_kour,
  9. 1903 windows 802.1x username,
  10. window 10 1903 update 802.1x authentication broken,
  11. 802.1x john kour