Windows 10: 802.1x - PEAP

Discus and support 802.1x - PEAP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently started getting windows warning whenever a EAP authentication happens. We haven enabled 802.1x authentication in the switch port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sankar Rajasekaran, Apr 23, 2019.

1. 802.1x - PEAP

Hi,

I have recently started getting windows warning whenever a EAP authentication happens. We haven enabled 802.1x authentication in the switch port and using Cisco ISE as authentication server. The certificate is signed by internal CA and we have the root CA certificate installed in the trusted certificate store. Need some help in resolving this issue.

Similar error message pops up when connecting to Wi-Fi network also.

802.1x  - PEAP 9cedd8cd-8dcb-498e-8244-c69b50bca6d8?upload=true.jpg

:)

Sankar Rajasekaran, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Nomz---01 Win User
    Nomz---01, Apr 23, 2019
  3. apalvan Win User
    E70 wireless PEAP

Same problem for me .

How did you install the certificate on the Nokia ?please give me exact steps including how you generated file . I think the server certificate needs to be installed for PEAP to work.

apalvan, Apr 23, 2019
  4. saataja Win User

802.1x - PEAP

N8 refuses to connect to University EAP-PEAP PEAP network

Regarding certificate "Trust settings" that will be asked when installing new authority certificates on the phone:

For WLAN EAP-PEAP authentication you need to define that you trust this certificate by selecting it as an "Authority Certificate" within EAP-PEAP settings of the Internet Access Point that defines WLAN security / authentication settings for this WLAN network.

My understanding is that "Internet" certificate trust option refers to the HTTPS (SSL) secured web browsing so if your university happens to have some HTTPS/SSL secured web servers that are use the same certificate than the university's WLAN EAP PEAP authentication
    server and you wan't to access these web sites on your phone's web browser without "server has sent untrusted certificate" type of warnings , then I think you should enable the "Internet" trust for the certificate.

"VPN" certificate trust setting is for VPN authentication usage, most likely you won't be needing that. I'm not sure "online cert. checking" refers to but leaving it unselected hasn't caused problems for WLAN EAP-PEAP authentication at least to understanding.

You can edit certificate trust settings for already installed certificates via phone's Certificate Manager by going to Settings -> Phone -> Phone Management -> Security settings -> Certificate management -> Authority certificates -> seach your university's
    certificate from list of installed certificates and "long press" on it -> select "Trust Settings" to change them.

Regarding the certificate format:

There's no harm trying to use the DER binary encoded certificate format. Encoding format of the certificate file is purely a matter of getting the Authority certificate installed on the phone. Once certificate is successfully installed on the phone's Authority
    Certificate list then the Base-64 vs. DER binary encoded certificate file format does not make any difference. Just note that exported file name extension when exporting from Windows will still be " .CER" regardless of whether content of the exported file
    is "DER binary" or "Base-64" encoded.

You might want to let your network administrators know about these problems you had with certificate installation so that they could perhaps update their certificate installation related instructions (for Nokia phone users) so that other users on your university
    could get the certificate installed without such problems.

After you have installed the certificate, please do remember to create / edit the Internet Access Point settings (for the university PEAP WLAN network) and select the newly installed certificate as an "Authority Certificate" under PEAP settings in order
    for phone to trust this certificate during WLAN PEAP authentication process.

If you need more tips and instructions on how to configure your PEAP settings you can take a look at some of the previous PEAP configuration related messages from this forum. Some examples of PEAP related postings are here: , and .

saataja, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

802.1x - PEAP

1. 802.1x - PEAP - Similar Threads - 802 PEAP

2. Event ID 802: RD Connection Broker failed to process

in Windows 10 News
    Event ID 802: RD Connection Broker failed to process: [IMG]After setting up Remote Desktop Quick Start, when some Windows users tried to RDP to the RD Server, they received an error stating that Can’t connect to the remote computer. After probing about the error in Event Viewer, they see Event ID 802: RD Connection Broker failed...
  3. Winlogon event id 801/802 not coming under Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon event viewer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Winlogon event id 801/802 not coming under Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon event viewer.: Hi All, I am looking for event id 801/802 under Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon.These events corresponds to "NotifyExecute" as mentioned here :https://raw.githubusercontent.com/repnz/etw-providers-docs/master/Manifests-Win10-17134/Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon.xmlOther event like...
  4. Winlogon event id 801/802 not coming under Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon event viewer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winlogon event id 801/802 not coming under Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon event viewer.: Hi All, I am looking for event id 801/802 under Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon.These events corresponds to "NotifyExecute" as mentioned here :https://raw.githubusercontent.com/repnz/etw-providers-docs/master/Manifests-Win10-17134/Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon.xmlOther event like...
  5. Winlogon event id 801/802 not coming under Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon event viewer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi6 802.ax PCIe adapter suddenly stops working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi6 802.ax PCIe adapter suddenly stops working on Windows 11: Hi all, Since a couple of weeks I have a very anoying issue with my Lenovo Ideapad 5 on Windows 11. WiFi suddenly stops working and does not come back on. WiFi switch in Windows says 'off' and turning it on nothing happens and no networks are seen. Only thing that works to...
  7. Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi6 802.ax PCIe adapter suddenly stops working on Windows 11

Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi6 802.ax PCIe adapter suddenly stops working on Windows 11: Hi all, Since a couple of weeks I have a very anoying issue with my Lenovo Ideapad 5 on Windows 11. WiFi suddenly stops working and does not come back on. WiFi switch in Windows says 'off' and turning it on nothing happens and no networks are seen. Only thing that works to...
  8. Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG -compatability with 802-11ax standard ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG -compatability with 802-11ax standard ?: Dear Community,I have an old 2012 workstation machine.It has Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter.the Driver version is 3.0.2.202, dated 29th January 2016 29-01-2016 .Windows 10 Pro build 21H1 - dated 19-04-2021.Windows tells me that this driver is the...
  9. Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG -compatability with 802-11ax standard ?

Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG -compatability with 802-11ax standard ?: Dear Community,I have an old 2012 workstation machine.It has Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter.the Driver version is 3.0.2.202, dated 29th January 2016 29-01-2016 .Windows 10 Pro build 21H1 - dated 19-04-2021.Windows tells me that this driver is the...
  10. Qualcomm Atheros AR-9002WB-1NG -compatability with 802-11ax standard ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. peap EAP windows10  サポート

2. windows 1903 802.1x problem

3. 802.1x peap windows-10