Windows 10: 802.1x wireless authentication fails due to "Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within...

Discus and support 802.1x wireless authentication fails due to "Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. Our office has installed a couple of new Cisco 2700 Autonomous Access Points and we are trying to setup EAP 802.1x authentication to our laptops,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ngmanchester, May 17, 2019.

1. 802.1x wireless authentication fails due to "Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within...

Hi. Our office has installed a couple of new Cisco 2700 Autonomous Access Points and we are trying to setup EAP 802.1x authentication to our laptops, so we can have a Wireless LAN.

The access points back the authentication off to Cisco ISE, which does a machine and user authentication against Active Directory. Cisco ISE shows that authentication succeeds and a Radius Access-Accept message is returned back to the AP. The AP logs show that the Radius Access-Accept message is received.
    "RADIUS: Received from id 1645/238 X.X.X.X:1645, Access-Accept"

When trying to connect to the Wireless on our laptops we enter our username/password and we get a "Unable to connect to network" message.

Note, we can connect normally using a different SSID that is WPA2. Our drivers are up to date.

Windows Event Logs show this sequence:

WLAN AutoConfig service started a connection to a wireless network.

Network Adapter: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

Interface GUID: XXX

Connection Mode: Connection to a secure network without a profile

Profile Name: XXX

SSID: XXX

BSS Type: Infrastructure

Wireless network association started.

Local MAC Address: XXX

Network SSID: XXX

Authentication: Open

Encryption: WEP

802.1X Enabled: Yes

Wireless network association succeeded.

Management Frame Protection Enabled: 0x7600000000

Wireless security started.

Authentication: Open

Encryption: WEP

FIPS Mode: Disabled

802.1x Enabled: Yes

Wireless 802.1x authentication started.

Eap Information: Type 0, Vendor ID 0, Vendor Type 0, Author ID 0

Wireless 802.1x authentication succeeded.

Identity: XXXXXXXXXXXX

User:

Domain:

Wireless security failed.

Peer MAC Address: XXX

Reason: Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time

Error: 0x0

I cannot find anything to think why this might be the case and not a lot online when I have a look about "Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time". I am using the default Windows wireless settings, and WPA2 is fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ngmanchester, May 17, 2019
  2. mcm70_10 Win User

Windows 10 - WiFi - Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time

I had a very similar issue with one of my Windows10 laptops which suddenly just refused to connect the wireless network. If the security taken a way from the wireless the laptop connected with no issue but once the security back
    it got the "Can't connect to this network". The error "Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time" was all over the wlanreport.

Resetting the TCP/Ip settings using the NetShell utility worked perfectly for my issue from the very first try.

Thank you very much,

mcm70_10, May 17, 2019
  3. RandyCO Win User
    Windows 10 - WiFi - Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time

I work with a small museum.

We have four laptop computers and several other devices that use our WiFi and have been working fine for over a year.

The computers are running Windows 10.

Again things have been working fine for over a year.

Suddenly two of the laptops cannot connect to the WiFi. I take the laptops home and they connect to my home WiFi just fine. I know the museum WiFi is fine because other computers are still connecting.

I have tried all the standard uninstalled the drivers, look for updated drivers, uninstall the Wireless device.

I ran [netsh wlan show wlanreport] and found this message: "Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time" has happened 128 times.

Does ANYONE have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks, Randy

RandyCO, May 17, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

802.1x wireless authentication fails due to "Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within...

Newtwork adapter not automatically connecting on startup : Dynamic key exchange does not succeed within configured time

Hi TimS_999,

It looks like this issue is more complex and given that you have already tried many troubleshooting steps, we need to further diagnose this issue on our end. Kindly provide the following information that could help us assess this issue:

1. Wireless modem make and model
    2. Current wireless card driver version
    3. Changes made to your PC during troubleshooting (including registry changes.)

In the mean time, I would like to suggest that you try to connect to a different wireless network available and see if the issue will persist.

Another step that I can suggest is to delete Wlan profiles. To do this, launch the Run command (Windows key + R) and type
    %programdata%\Microsoft\Wlansvc\Profiles\Interfaces.

Delete all the files on that folder, and then restart your PC. (Please take note that this will clear all saved network and passwords saved on your device.) Try it out and let us know the outcome.

All the best.

Mark Isi, May 17, 2019
Thema:

802.1x wireless authentication fails due to "Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within...

1. 802.1x wireless authentication fails due to "Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within... - Similar Threads - 802 wireless authentication

2. Dynamic Lock failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic Lock failed: I had Dynamic Lock set up with my phone, and it worked for several weeks. But now my Windows 11 computer reports the phone cannot be found. If I try searching for it using the "Scan for phone" button in the Dynamic Lock settings, it doesn't find it. But ... curiously enough...
  3. Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue: HiWe had Workstation With Windows XP with DDE server and SCADA system Supervisory control and data acquisition works as DDE Client, it was working good and communication was very good.issue:We upgraded Windows XP to Windows 10 With the same DDE server and the same SCADA...
  4. Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue: HiWe had Workstation With Windows XP with DDE server and SCADA system Supervisory control and data acquisition works as DDE Client, it was working good and communication was very good.issue:We upgraded Windows XP to Windows 10 With the same DDE server and the same SCADA...
  5. Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. .NET Framework 4.8 Installation Did Not Succeed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .NET Framework 4.8 Installation Did Not Succeed: Hello Community, I was trying to install a software update for a program that I'm using daily for my job I'm a freelance translator. I was asked to instal .NET Framework 4.8. All files were succesfully downloaded, but the installation stopped halfway in progress and I see...
  7. Windows 10 Intel Wireless ac 9560 dynamic key exchange time out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Intel Wireless ac 9560 dynamic key exchange time out: Almost every time I start the computer, the wifi does not get connected and says the password do not match. I then connect the machine to the same router through ethernet cable and then try to connect the wifi and it succeeds. After another shut down and power up cycle, this...
  8. Windows Key Exchange

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Key Exchange: Hello, I hope you are having a nice day! I am away on vacation and am concerned that someone at home will take my activation code that is on my case of my pc, is there any way I can convert it into a digital code or protect it somehow....
  9. How did I succeed in disabling Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How did I succeed in disabling Cortana?: I have two PCs and a laptop, all om Win10 AU. On the 2 PCs when I click on the search icon I get a popup window that says "Start typing to search for apps, files, and settings" at the top and "Search Windows" at the bottom. That is what I want. On the laptop I get the Cortana...
  10. Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter: hi, My asus t200 transformer book has the Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter. Recently, my PC started having serious issues with connecting to public wifi. Everytime I try, my PC says my wireless adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time

2. windows wifi dynamic keyexchange fails

3. duynamic key exchange did not succeed

4. dynamic key exchange did not succeed,
  5. windows 1909 802.1x authentication,
  6. cisco ise windows 10 1909,
  7. duynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time,
  8. 802.1x wireless authentication fails due to Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time,
  9. dynamic key exchange did not succceed within configured time,
  10. dynamic key excahnge did not succeed within configured time