Windows 10: 860 Evo not detected after Windows 10 install

Discus and support 860 Evo not detected after Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello tech support superstars, i have a problem. -I load the Windows media creation tool onto a USB drive -Reboot computer and select UEFI mode for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrendanMurrell, Dec 19, 2019.

1. 860 Evo not detected after Windows 10 install

Hello tech support superstars, i have a problem.

-I load the Windows media creation tool onto a USB drive

-Reboot computer and select UEFI mode for everything

-Put the EFI from usb as the 1st priority to boot from

-Save change and reboot computer

-Run diskpart.exe to re-wipe my SSD, and then convert to gtp

-Go through the whole windows 10 pro installation process

-PC automatically reboots, if i leave my USB in the slot still it goes straight back to the windows installation toola known issue, so from then on I remove the stick during / before reboot.

-The PC boots up, and then sends me to a frozen BIOS/UEFI menu

*if i actually select to go to the BIOS on start-upby pressing F2, it lets me change settings..

-Fun part: The SSD isnt detected at all anymore. Only way i could even see something regarding my Samsung 860EVO SSD was in the Secure Erase tool.

I have tried many tricks like partitioning my drive and attenpting to install on a partition of 450GB, as well as 16GB. Also attempted to repair my windows installation after a first fresh install. Once a wipe my drive and reformat it, it becomes visible again in the directory as well as a valid target installation location.

**Every time I rebooted i would wipe my drive and convert again. I only have my SSD and boot USB plugged in at most at a time.

PC SPECS:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X

Mobo: Asus Crosshair 6 Hero latest BIOS, 10/18/19

GPU:Geforce RTX 2070

RAM: Corsair 3000-DDR4

Storage: 1TB Barracuda HDDunplugged during this fiasco

500GB Samsung 860EVO SSD

:)

BrendanMurrell, Dec 19, 2019
  2. GlennHale Win User

Installing EVO 860 drive

I added a third drive 860 EVO but do not see it registering. I have room for a fourth one and am planning filling the spot. I downloaded Samsung Magician and all drives are working. I also can see the drive listed on the devise list; however, the file explorer
    panel only lists my C-drive and an E-drive on the file explorer panel but not the third drive so I don't know how to load files on to it.

GlennHale, Dec 19, 2019
  3. does windows 10 recognize samsung 860 evo

I've been reading that a number of people are having trouble with windows 10 working with a Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD. I've tried looking on the Samsung website for the driver for this drive and they have all other models except the 860 EVO. Do they work
    together?

DanMasterson1, Dec 19, 2019
  4. 860 Evo not detected after Windows 10 install

new 860 EVO SSD drive

I have 850 EVO SSD and still use it, but I am adding new 860 EVO and it is unreadable due

unformatted so I need to get into disk management but window 8.1 do not offer, I have to get window 10 last time I did update from window 8 to window 10 but they do not work out due of not working with video card.

LarryWhitworth1, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

860 Evo not detected after Windows 10 install

1. 860 Evo not detected after Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - 860 Evo detected

2. Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung 860 Evo 500GB: Reading Files Very slow and now showing images video etc not even let me copy paste some where i have to restart my system to copy data after every few minutes tried windows reinstall changed cables connectors everything. Currently on windows 11...
  3. Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung 860 Evo 500GB: Reading Files Very slow and now showing images video etc not even let me copy paste some where i have to restart my system to copy data after every few minutes tried windows reinstall changed cables connectors everything. Currently on windows 11...
  4. Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" RMA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" RMA: Greetings All, I'm in the process of a Samsung RMA for a 2.5" EVO 500Gb. If the machine is left for a period of 24Hrs the drive will eventually vanish crashing the pc and restarting to report no boot device. The bios shows no drive. Only a power cycle makes the drive...
  5. 860 EVO is randomly stoping to respond

860 EVO is randomly stoping to respond: Hey, for couple years I own Samsung 860 EVO SSD. For most of time it was used as built-in OS drive, recently after my old laptop died I've bought new one with built-in SSD, so I've decided to change 860 EVO into external drive. I ordered Icy Box IB-AC703-U3 and formatted...
  6. Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD: I have a brand new HP Windows 10 machine. I'm trying to install a 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD. Disk Management refused to see the brive but it is seen in the BIOS and Device Manager. Any ideas to get it recognized?...
  7. Issues with Samsung 860 EVO and Windows issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues with Samsung 860 EVO and Windows issues: I have two Samsung EVO 500GB connected via a Syba SI-PEX40064 SATA III 4 Port PCI-e x1 Controller Card I have some issues with one Samsung EVO 500GB where the OS is installed along with Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, TeamViewer, HD Sentinel, Macrium Reflect, Epson Printer and a...
  8. Cannot Install Windows 10 to Second Partition on Samsung 860 EVO SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Install Windows 10 to Second Partition on Samsung 860 EVO SSD: OK, I've put this off long enough. This new system (HP Pavilion 590-p0044) was based on spinners, and what with all of HPs bloatware, etc., the machine wasn't fast enough. So, I added some RAM (no problems there) and a Samsung 860 EVO SSD SATA 6GB/s. And that's when the...
  9. Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo)

Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo): Hi there , I am trying to installing a new SSD (2.5 inch , 7mm height) that I brought for my old Laptop . The Laptop has a HDD whose height is 9.5 mm but my SSD is 7mm ….. * My laptop Specs are :: Processor - Intel core i5 2410M 2.30Ghz 2 core 4 thread RAM - 12gb...
  10. Installing EVO 860 drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing EVO 860 drive: I added a third drive 860 EVO but do not see it registering. I have room for a fourth one and am planning filling the spot. I downloaded Samsung Magician and all drives are working. I also can see the drive listed on the devise list; however, the file explorer panel only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd 860 evo 1tb not detected in bios or windows

2. samsung 860 evo 500gb not detected when installing windows 1o